Switch to Forum Live View You deserve a break today, with colitis
3 years ago  ::  May 01, 2012 - 6:50PM #1
catboxer

A very well-written piece on the Yahoo finance blog:

The learned doctors of Britain's Academy of Medical Royal Colleges have sharpened their asparagus spears and taken aim at McDonald's. In particular, the group is taking umbrage at the burger giant's status as the official restaurant of the London Olympic games.

finance.yahoo.com/blogs/the-exchange/mcd...

"It's very sad that an event that celebrates the very best of athletic achievements should be sponsored by companies contributing to the obesity problem and unhealthy habits," the PR guy from the academy scolded.

I don't know what they expected. McDonald's is a respected company -- a serious player in the global economy and job creation. If part of what they sell is obesity and diabetes, it's not illegal to do that. And the Olympics, a celebration of amateur athletics, has also reached the point where it has a bottom line to take care of. Hence the partnership with the well-respected firm of McDonald's hamburgers.

Adepto vestri stercore simul.ttr
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  May 01, 2012 - 7:21PM #2
Fodaoson

Amateur athletics? The NBA players and teams want pay for the Olympics.   I think professionals should be banned for any Olympic sport they are professional in at least or all Olympic competition.

“I seldom make the mistake of arguing with people for whose opinions I have no respect.” Edward Gibbon
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  May 01, 2012 - 10:06PM #3
Ironhold

thing is, even Little Miss Nanny State (re: Michelle Obama) has had to admit that fast food can be healthy if consumed in moderation.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  May 02, 2012 - 12:05AM #4
Hatman
Hey, Mickey D's now serves fruit, oatmeal, and salads, too.

If you want to eat healthy at McD's, you can.  If you don't, hey...it's your choice.

As with every such choice, there are consequences/rewards based entirely on the natural results of your own choices.  Don't like your results?  D'oh!  Make better choices.

With goodwill to all the People(except POS Oathbreakers)-

Hatman
"History records that the moneychangers have used every form of abuse, deceit, intrigue, and violent means possible to maintain their control over governments by controlling money and it's issuance."
-- James Madison(1751-1836), Father of the Constitution for the USA, 4th US President
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  May 02, 2012 - 9:15AM #5
catboxer

Yeah, I bought one of their salads one time. Didn't eat it though, because it was inedible.

The coffee's not bad -- that's the nicest thing I can say about McDuck's.

Adepto vestri stercore simul.ttr
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  May 02, 2012 - 11:42AM #6
nnsecu

May 2, 2012 -- 9:15AM, catboxer wrote:

The coffee's not bad -- that's the nicest thing I can say about McDuck's.

Coffee is good the sweet tea is not bad, but like the coffe depends on the day and place you go.

I would say by far the nicest thing about the McDevil is the involvement in the Ronald McDonald house charity. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  May 03, 2012 - 10:54AM #7
Jasr

May 1, 2012 -- 10:06PM, Ironhold wrote:

thing is, even Little Miss Nanny State (re: Michelle Obama) has had to admit that fast food can be healthy if consumed in moderation.

That would be "Mrs." Nanny State.

But if McDonald's customers consumed in moderation, McDonald's would be no more.

And BTW I think their coffee is cat p1$$.

Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook