Post Reply
Page 3 of 3  •  Prev 1 2 3
Switch to Forum Live View MayDay Protests Turn Violent
3 years ago  ::  May 03, 2012 - 5:19AM #21
CharikIeia
Posts: 8,301

What does "Release of all Free ENERGY Technologies" mean?


Sounds like taken straight from "Tesla-was-murdered-by-General-Electric" conspiracy theorists...

tl;dr
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  May 03, 2012 - 9:06AM #22
amcolph
Posts: 18,004

May 2, 2012 -- 7:02PM, Bodean wrote:


The only problem I see with your view AM .. is one has to ask: Who is the Demonstration really for??


Do you think the Demonstration is for Wall Streeters??  Do you think the Demonstrations are for Government Officials??



Yes.


 

..... OR .... is the Demonstration for the PUBLIC as an effort to garner mainstream support for ideas??.. thus pressure politicians to make changes?



You wish.  Then the movement could be made to go away quietly,  the pirates could breath a sigh of relief and go back to business as usual.


I'd say .. protests are for the latter!  You want the PUBLIC to view your organization as a reputable group with reputable ideas. 



The "PUBLIC" already knows all about it.  The Wall Streeters and their government toadies need to be shown that the "PUBLIC" can rise up and pull them down if necessary.


 I don't recall reading story after story about the Tea Party vandalizing places, starting trouble, raping women, destroying property. 



You evidently have different news sources than I do about the demonstation in Seattle on Tuesday.


 While some still oppose the Tea Party Ideas, they can't do so on the basis that they as a group are not primarily upstanding, peaceful people.



LOL! Who are often ostentatiously healed at their events.


.... who just hate the rich...



Yes, they hate the noble and benevolent rich who have only their best interests at heart for no reason except greed and jealousy.  Imagine that.


Oh, right--you do already.  Imagine it, that is.

This post contains no advertisements or solicitations.
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  May 03, 2012 - 9:59AM #23
Fodaoson
Posts: 11,162

Few posters seem to have the understanding of the rhetoric of implication that Catboxer has; he seems to both be able to write it and comprehend it.   Some posters engage in writing  it unknowingly.  

“I seldom make the mistake of arguing with people for whose opinions I have no respect.” Edward Gibbon
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  May 03, 2012 - 10:11AM #24
ted08721
Posts: 3,776

May 3, 2012 -- 5:19AM, CharikIeia wrote:


What does "Release of all Free ENERGY Technologies" mean?


Sounds like taken straight from "Tesla-was-murdered-by-General-Electric" conspiracy theorists...





I assume it means to put into use all energy sources that are free such as solar and wind.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  May 03, 2012 - 10:55AM #25
arielg
Posts: 9,116

May 2, 2012 -- 1:51PM, catboxer wrote:


Sorry, Amcolph, but I see no percentage whatever in hooliganism, or even the threat of it.


Force, yes, but not hooliganism. And you can mount force just with the weight of sheer numbers, as we've seen in Egypt and throughout the Middle East, as well as in the battles on Wall Street and the Brooklyn Bridge this past fall, which forced changes in the national conversation.




Are you kidding?  There is no revolution without violence and it's excess, hooliganism.


There is no such thing as a peaceful revolution. Revolution is an attempt to impose certain ideas by force.


 Evolution doesn't need demostrations and screaming.   Just dialog and the power of ideas which do not need to be imposed or forced.


 

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  May 03, 2012 - 11:09AM #26
Fodaoson
Posts: 11,162

May 3, 2012 -- 10:55AM, arielg wrote:


May 2, 2012 -- 1:51PM, catboxer wrote:


Sorry, Amcolph, but I see no percentage whatever in hooliganism, or even the threat of it.


Force, yes, but not hooliganism. And you can mount force just with the weight of sheer numbers, as we've seen in Egypt and throughout the Middle East, as well as in the battles on Wall Street and the Brooklyn Bridge this past fall, which forced changes in the national conversation.




Are you kidding?  There is no revolution without violence and it's excess, hooliganism.


There is no such thing as a peaceful revolution. Revolution is an attempt to impose certain ideas by force.


 Evolution doesn't need demostrations and screaming.   Just dialog and the power of ideas which do not need to be imposed or forced.


 





Surprise, I agree with arielg; A difficulty is that the word  “revolution” is often used  when evolution is more correct.  Instead of an industrial revolution it was evolution of manufacturing and building techniques. The resulting changes are drastic, but they are accepted because they work better for the purposes desired

“I seldom make the mistake of arguing with people for whose opinions I have no respect.” Edward Gibbon
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  May 03, 2012 - 11:18AM #27
catboxer
Posts: 14,012

Of course there has to be violence -- violent repression.


That doesn't mean we have to respond in kind.


If Gandhi and ML King had not enforced a rule of nonviolence among their followers, they would have lost.


I'm not interested in losing.


The 99 percent movement is already influencing the 2012 election more than any other single factor. As we edge closer to success, the forces of reaction will lash out with intensified violence and repression. That will be the big test.

Adepto vestri stercore simul.ttr
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  May 03, 2012 - 1:21PM #28
SecondSonOfDavid
Posts: 3,344

May 3, 2012 -- 11:18AM, catboxer wrote:


The 99 percent movement is already influencing the 2012 election more than any other single factor. 





LOL!  Thanks for the laugh.  That statement is not even remotely true.

That which does not kill me, will try again and get nastier.
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 3 of 3  •  Prev 1 2 3
 
    Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

    Beliefnet On Facebook