Page 3 of 3  •  Prev 1 2 3
Switch to Forum Live View Stephen King declares war on the 0.1%
2 years ago  ::  May 02, 2012 - 6:43AM #21
ZafodB

May 1, 2012 -- 5:51PM, Druac wrote:

Flat Tax(%)...No loopholes for ANYBODY and no tax breaks for ANYBODY.

Why isn't this ever going to happen? Because it would screw those who currently rely on the cluster-f*ck of a tax system (those who have the most influence in Washington and those who can afford to pay money handlers to find those loopholes and use them) we currently have to get away with murder and rip-off our citizens.

With Hatman,another idea that has merit. Flat tax or fair tax I can agree with.....PROVIDING..that the law was written so any tax increase would be for all,no more targeting groups of people. ANY TAX HIKE WOULD BY LAW BE AN INCREASE ACROSS THE BOARD

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 02, 2012 - 8:21AM #22
Fodaoson

Taxes are part of monetary policy. Tax “breaks” are instruments to stimulate or control different economic sectors.   The mortgage deduction is to encourage home ownership, stimulate the construction/real estate sectors.  EIC puts money in the low income brackets stimulating the local basic consumer economy. Capital investment deductions encourage the increasing of production and labor hiring.

Taxes are not just about revenue; it  can help to control the economy.    

“I seldom make the mistake of arguing with people for whose opinions I have no respect.” Edward Gibbon
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 02, 2012 - 9:47AM #23
Hatman

Lets say I agree with your plan. The idea of all contributing and paying their "FAIR SHARE" is gone forever.

How so?  The same tax for all adult people(corporate fictions as well as flesh-and-blood) is applied across the board to everyone capable of receiving income or spending it.

When people who pay NO TAXES get to vote for people to raise taxes the system would devolves into the  stranglehold of takers.

It is apparent to me that the creation of a dependent underclass is part and parcel of the current debt-system, under the "He who robs Peter to pay Paul will always have the support of Paul" theory.  As a side-note, this is the curse of all democracies, which always self-destruct when the People figure out that they can vote themselves largess from the public treasury, thus bankrupting it; to cite an author i'm also rather fond of, "Everyone wants to live at the expense of the State, but they forget that the State lives at the expense of everyone."  Pandering politicians know this, and wheedle the dependents into voting for them so that they can keep their jobs.

However that isn't the biggest problem "Congress and the White House", They would gleefully spend all the new money plus a few trillion more, every year, knowing  all that is needed is to increase the percentage of this new tax to cover the deficit. At this point most Americans would applaud and say GO FOR IT. In theory your plan has merit...in practice >>>>NO WAY

Congress and the White House and even SCOTUS are not really at fault, other than for betraying their oaths of office in order to serve their true masters in the Corporatocracy(see my tag-line for support).

What i would actually like to see is a national debate in re: this idea by far-more-qualified thinkers than jus' leetle ol' me; unfortunately, the wholly-owned propaganda arms of the PtB will refuse to allow it.  Ideas like this would be "dangerous" to the "system," you see...the one that keeps them wealthy-beyond-the-imagining-of-most, and keeps us as desperate little rats on the treadmill they have set before us, many falling off and being crushed by this same "system."

Have you ever watched RT, aka "Russia Today" teevee?  The "Keiser Report" is the only widely-available media i have EVER seen that even TRIES to address the essential fraud of a fiat money system, the enslavement it causes via debt.  If not, i highly recommend it.

In fact, in a discussion of this(and other) issue with an avowed Anarchist, he confessed to re-programming the hotel CCTV system such that the ONLY news channel available for guests was RT, so we naturally had a chuckle over that one.

But let's hear from the originator of the Keynesian scheme himself, shall we?

"If, however, a government refrains from regulations(including but not limited to taxation, my note) and allows matters to take their course, essential commodities soon attain a level of price out of the reach of all but the rich, the worthlessness of the money becomes apparent, and the fraud upon the public can be concealed no longer."
-- John Maynard Keynes(1883-1946) British economist
Source: The Economic Consequences of the Peace, 1920, page 240

What fraud would that be?  Anyone willing to hazard a guess?

With goodwill to all the People(except POS Oathbreaking perjurers)-

Hatman

"History records that the moneychangers have used every form of abuse, deceit, intrigue, and violent means possible to maintain their control over governments by controlling money and it's issuance."
-- James Madison(1751-1836), Father of the Constitution for the USA, 4th US President
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 02, 2012 - 11:40AM #24
davelaw40

May 2, 2012 -- 8:21AM, Fodaoson wrote:

Taxes are part of monetary policy. Tax “breaks” are instruments to stimulate or control different economic sectors.   The mortgage deduction is to encourage home ownership, stimulate the construction/real estate sectors.  EIC puts money in the low income brackets stimulating the local basic consumer economy. Capital investment deductions encourage the increasing of production and labor hiring.

... and charitible deductions, foundations and trusts allow income to be taken off the tax roles if used for a public good : like museums, theatres or Opera houses

Non Quis, Sed Quid
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 02, 2012 - 12:06PM #25
Jasr

May 2, 2012 -- 11:40AM, davelaw40 wrote:

May 2, 2012 -- 8:21AM, Fodaoson wrote:

... and charitible deductions, foundations and trusts allow income to be taken off the tax roles if used for a public good : like museums, theatres or Opera houses

Which is why the charitable deduction deduction is the one deduction we should never eliminate.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 02, 2012 - 12:10PM #26
davelaw40

We shouldn't sell all the Picassos and Monets and feed the hungry?

Non Quis, Sed Quid
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 02, 2012 - 3:53PM #27
Jasr

May 2, 2012 -- 12:10PM, davelaw40 wrote:

We shouldn't sell all the Picassos and Monets and feed the hungry?

An art museum can be an engine of growth too...

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 02, 2012 - 4:10PM #28
davelaw40

It was kinda rhetorical: I happen to agree.

Non Quis, Sed Quid
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 3 of 3  •  Prev 1 2 3

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook