Switch to Forum Live View Why The California School System Is Borked
2 years ago  ::  Apr 29, 2012 - 11:52PM #1
Ironhold
link

A high school sophomore was caught plagiarizing a paper written by a fellow student, resulting in his immediate ejection from an honors English class as per the terms he agreed to when he enrolled.

His father is now suing the school district, claiming that a different paper promises that no one will be expelled until the second instance of cheating, and so by kicking the kid out after only one incident the school district has purportedly permanently ruined the kid's academic future.

One would think the kid should have been concerned about that before he copied the paper in the first place.
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 30, 2012 - 2:51AM #2
Unworthyone

This is a non-story.  The case will be kicked out of court faster than you can say "Dad's a fool."  You've got a document stating the penalty signed by both the student and a parent.  Unless you can demonstrate that other students have been caught plagiarizing and not kicked out, there is no case. Next!

I never consider a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend.  Thomas Jefferson

Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind.
Albert Einstein

You can get anything you want out of life if you will just help enough other people get what they want. Zig Ziglar

http://www.nytimes.com/1991/03/29/opinion/why-i-m-for-the-brady-bill.html
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 30, 2012 - 1:16PM #3
Girlchristian

This is crazy. My father would have thrown in additional punishment for cheating and certainly wouldn't have gone to the school and complained or sued about me getting kicked out.

"No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible." George Chakiris

“For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible.” Stuart Chase
Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook