Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next
2 years ago  ::  Apr 28, 2012 - 9:48AM #1
catboxer
I read a headline on Yahoo this morning about how the US is now deploying stealth bombers in Iran's back door. This on top of his decision to escalate the drone war in Yemen. Obama and his Pentagon had better stop this idiotic warmongering immediately, or somebody's going to get hurt, and I don't mean somebody in the Middle East.

And one more thing: since the vast majority of people on earth want nothing more than peace and freedom, the Pentagon and the world's various other creeps and warmongers need to begin disarming immediately. If they don't, we will make their world completely ungovernable.

Starting Tuesday.
Adepto vestri stercore simul.ttr
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 28, 2012 - 10:02AM #2
Fodaoson

The F-22 is not a Bomber. It is an Air superiority fighter that has ground attack capabilities, not bomber.. Among those capabilities are missiles for anti-aircraft/radar facilities on the ground.  Its primary mission is air superiority.  It has been deployed to the UAE before for joint training exercises The F-22 program is at its end. The last plane has been delivered  

“I seldom make the mistake of arguing with people for whose opinions I have no respect.” Edward Gibbon
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 28, 2012 - 10:22AM #3
catboxer

All I know about the F22 Stealth fighter is that it's going to be disassembled and its parts used for  mass transit.

The debate is over, the action begins.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 28, 2012 - 11:04AM #4
christzen

Apr 28, 2012 -- 10:22AM, catboxer wrote:

The debate is over, the action begins.

Really?Where have you seen it decided to convert military aircraft to public transit?

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 29, 2012 - 11:53AM #5
loveontheair

Hello,

Forget about the F-22's. I'm waiting to see the 9.0 earthquake to hit CA.

love

Good works will never produce faith, but faith will always produce good works. loveontheair
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 29, 2012 - 12:44PM #6
Roodog

When the real rulers of this country decides to go to war, there is not a bloody thing we the people can do about it.

Do really think this is a free country or for that matter a free world at all?

For those who have faith, no explanation is neccessary.
For those who have no faith, no explanation is possible.

St. Thomas Aquinas

If one turns his ear from hearing the Law, even his prayer is an abomination. Proverbs 28:9
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 29, 2012 - 12:57PM #7
catboxer

Roodog, I have to disagree. It takes the kind unity and determination that are rarely seen, but change can come from below.

It has to come by force.

India's people under Gandhi's leadership forced the British to quit India.

American blacks under ML King's leadership forced the US government to recognize and legally extend equal rights to all Americans.

The key concepts, precariously balanced, are force and nonviolence.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 29, 2012 - 1:08PM #8
Fodaoson

There is   widespread belief or a least the expression of a belief, that “freedom” means  I do and get anything  I want and that other people’s lives  and situation are of none of my concern are not of my concern. Often the lack of any community action is degraded.  Humans are social /tribal beings. 

“I seldom make the mistake of arguing with people for whose opinions I have no respect.” Edward Gibbon
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 29, 2012 - 1:29PM #9
christzen

Apr 29, 2012 -- 12:57PM, catboxer wrote:

Roodog, I have to disagree. It takes the kind unity and determination that are rarely seen, but change can come from below.

It has to come by force.

India's people under Gandhi's leadership forced the British to quit India.

American blacks under ML King's leadership forced the US government to recognize and legally extend equal rights to all Americans.

The key concepts, precariously balanced, are force and nonviolence.

You leave out one key aspect.Desperation on the part of the revolutionaries.If you expect the pampered people of the US to rise up in any great numbers,think again.It ain't happening.It takes more than intellectual assent to an idea.It takes the desperation to feel you have nothing else to lose to put it into action.And the vast majority of the US is way to comfortable with their existence to revolt.As is western Europe.It takes an Arab so desperate that he is willing to set himself on fire to start a revolution,and others so desperate that they don't fear the consequences,including death,of being a part of that revolution.None of that describes Americans,even what we consider,by our standards, poor Americans,who nonetheless live in homes most of the world think of as luxurious  and have their own cell phones.

What passes for revolutionary activity in the US is a bunch of grown up kids who live in their parents basement squatting in tents playing games on their cell phones and shouting slogans for TV cameras.But as soon as they realize that their actions might result in their parents not supporting their rent and food,they'll go home.After all,who is going to buy their next edition of Halo if they cause economic trouble for their parents?

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 29, 2012 - 4:00PM #10
catboxer

Apr 29, 2012 -- 1:29PM, christzen wrote:

What passes for revolutionary activity in the US is a bunch of grown up kids who live in their parents basement squatting in tents playing games on their cell phones and shouting slogans for TV cameras.But as soon as they realize that their actions might result in their parents not supporting their rent and food,they'll go home.After all,who is going to buy their next edition of Halo if they cause economic trouble for their parents?

Your characterization of the protesters is as inaccurate as it is nervous. If you saw any of the photos of the mass protests in NYC last September and October, you may have noticed that quite a few of the protesters were people my age.

You know, people who are old enough to be mistaken for tea partiers straight out of Beckistan, but have enough sense not to go there.

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook