Page 2 of 7  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next
2 years ago  ::  Apr 27, 2012 - 11:50PM #11
rangerken

Apr 27, 2012 -- 8:45PM, ted08721 wrote:

I see nothing to be proud about having a person killed in cold blood, we might as well elect a mobster who orders people killed.

Ted, as a former sniper, and a good one, and later a commander of snipers, and also a good one, I have to say that i think you are way off base here. However, you do have the right to state your opinion.

Ken

Conservative, Libertarian, Life member of the NRA and VFW
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 28, 2012 - 12:07AM #12
teilhard

Except:

(1) Osama bin Laden wasn't shot by a "Sniper," but was confronted FACE-to-FACE by a U. S. Soldier, to whom he COULD have SURRENDERED ... but he chose NOT to do so ...

AND

(2) Osama bin Laden COULD have -- at any Time of HIS Choosing -- surrendered to Authorities at The Embassy of HIS Choice (Pakistan ... ???  Iran ... ???  China ... ??? Libya ... ???  Syria ... ???  North Korea ... ??? etc. ) and stood Trial for his (accused) Crimes in a Court of Law ... But HE chose NOT to do so ...

(3) It seems to ME that the "cold Blood" was in Osama bin Laden's Heart ...

(4) (May "God" have Mercy on his Soul, despite the Fact that Osama bin Laden showed  NO  MERCY   to his innocent Victims ...)

Apr 27, 2012 -- 11:50PM, rangerken wrote:

I see nothing to be proud about having a person killed in cold blood, we might as well elect a mobster who orders people killed.

Ted, as a former sniper, and a good one, and later a commander of snipers, and also a good one, I have to say that i think you are way off base here. However, you do have the right to state your opinion.

Ken

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 28, 2012 - 1:59AM #13
rabello

Apr 27, 2012 -- 6:11PM, TENAC wrote:

Ok.

So if barrak obama is going to continually campaign on his record during the 2012 campaign, that means we will have to hear about the shooting of Osama bin Laden 2.5 times per day seven days a week

Can you answer this: Why would you do Osama bin Laden the honor of referring to him correctly, and yet, do the President of the United States, "barrak" obama the dishonor of referring to him incorrectly?

Agreed.  100%.

Apr 28, 2012 -- 12:07AM, teilhard wrote:

(1) Osama bin Laden wasn't shot by a "Sniper," but was confronted FACE-to-FACE by a U. S. Soldier, to whom he COULD have SURRENDERED ... but he chose NOT to do so ...

You can't possibly know if your statement is true, or not.   There was no autopsy or investigation, remember.  What did come out afterwards is the OBL was not armed when he was executed.

(2) Osama bin Laden COULD have -- at any Time of HIS Choosing -- surrendered to Authorities at The Embassy of HIS Choice (Pakistan ... ???  Iran ... ???  China ... ??? Libya ... ???  Syria ... ???  North Korea ... ??? etc. ) and stood Trial for his (accused) Crimes in a Court of Law ... But HE chose NOT to do so ...

Yeah, right.  Murderous criminals never turn themselves in.  That's hardly an excuse for an execution, and that would include the 4 others -- or was it 5? -- who also lost their lives, and that's not even counting the tens of thousands -- if not hundreds of thousands -- of "human shields" who had to go in order to get OBL.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 28, 2012 - 9:02AM #14
Nepenthe

Stood trial for what exactly?  Can you link to the court order for his arrest, where evidence was presented before a judge to determine his exact material involvement in terrorism.  Thanks.

Gary Johnson 2012
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 28, 2012 - 9:08AM #15
Nepenthe

Apr 27, 2012 -- 7:51PM, Girlchristian wrote:

I see no reason to criticize Obama for using this--it was a significant accomplishment for which he gave the 'okay.' He should use it to campaign on.

There is good cause to criticize President Obama, especially his use of the event afterwards.  Greenwald documents who President Obama is as a human being.

www.salon.com/2012/04/27/selective_bin_l...

There is one other point worth making here about all this. As part of the Obama administration’s unprecedented war against whistleblowers, Bradley Manning is currently being prosecuted not merely for leaking classified information, but also for “aiding the enemy” (Al Qaeda), which carries a term of life in prison. Yesterday, the judge presiding over his court-martial (needless to say) refused to dismiss this charge, concluding that any deliberate release of classified information that one knows will end up in Al Qaeda’s hands can constitute this crime. As the ACLU’s Ben Wizner points out, “the implications of the government’s argument are breathtaking” because it would convert any unauthorized leak into this extremely serious offense.

So the question is: will the DOJ commence an investigation to discover the identity of these Obama officials who keep leaking flattering claims about the bin Laden raid (or the CIA drone program), information which the DOJ is simultaneously telling a court is classified and any disclosures of which will seriously harm national security? Or are leaks of classified information permissible when they glorify the President and prosecuted only when they expose government wrongdoing and deceit? Yes, those are rhetorical questions

Gary Johnson 2012
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 28, 2012 - 10:28AM #16
catboxer

Legitimate governments take suspects alive and try them. The suspects are allowed to see the evidence against them, call their own witnesses, and seek representation from competent attorneys.

Gangsters rub people out.

Adepto vestri stercore simul.ttr
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 28, 2012 - 12:23PM #17
TENAC

Apr 28, 2012 -- 1:59AM, rabello wrote:

Apr 27, 2012 -- 6:11PM, TENAC wrote:

Ok.

So if barrak obama is going to continually campaign on his record during the 2012 campaign, that means we will have to hear about the shooting of Osama bin Laden 2.5 times per day seven days a week

Can you answer this: Why would you do Osama bin Laden the honor of referring to him correctly, and yet, do the President of the United States, "barrak" obama the dishonor of referring to him incorrectly?

This is easy.

Osama bin Laden made no secret of himself or who he was.  We still have no idea who obama is.  None, except the suit has been proven empty.

Take yourself.  You dont hide your Leftist ideals and feel those policies would be good for our country.  I think you are honest about this.  I can completely respect that.  I can have none of that for obama. 

That said, I would have more respect for Osama than obama.

THAT said, I am glad Osama no longer walks this earth and kudos to obama for making it happen.

Any man can count the seeds in an apple....
.......but only God can count the apples in the seeds.
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 28, 2012 - 1:10PM #18
teilhard

Indeed, The al Qaida Terrorists WERE "Gangsters" bent on just "rubbing People out"  ...

It IS unfortunate for Osama bin Laden that he DIDN'T surrender to Authorities, either Voluntarily, OR when confronted by U. S. Soldiers ...

Apr 28, 2012 -- 10:28AM, catboxer wrote:

Legitimate governments take suspects alive and try them. The suspects are allowed to see the evidence against them, call their own witnesses, and seek representation from competent attorneys.

Gangsters rub people out.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 28, 2012 - 1:11PM #19
teilhard

Ummmm ... Not being in The Federal or Internation Law Enforcement / Judicial "Loop," no I don't have The Court/Police/Case Records handy ... Do have that Access ... ???

Apr 28, 2012 -- 9:02AM, Nepenthe wrote:

Stood trial for what exactly?  Can you link to the court order for his arrest, where evidence was presented before a judge to determine his exact material involvement in terrorism.  Thanks.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 28, 2012 - 2:25PM #20
rabello

Apr 28, 2012 -- 1:11PM, teilhard wrote:

Ummmm ... Not being in The Federal or Internation Law Enforcement / Judicial "Loop," no I don't have The Court/Police/Case Records handy ... Do have that Access ... ???

What you have are your unrealistic fantasies (should have turned himself in!! should have turned himself in!!), but you are not alone, as most Americans harbor such fantasies, which is what allows them to accept the increasing incidents of police brutality, border patrol brutality, torture, execution without trial or conviction, and Obama's (and to be fair, the Democrats') bragging.   So much for American jurisprudence!!

Also, allows them to pitifully lament "why do they hate us so?" and answer themselves "why they hate us for our freedoms, of course" and then just as quickly tune-in to March Madness and April Madness.

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 2 of 7  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook