Page 6 of 7  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next
2 years ago  ::  Apr 30, 2012 - 9:53PM #51
teilhard

***I don't read the same News Reports you're getting, I guess ...

Apr 30, 2012 -- 9:25PM, Nepenthe wrote:

Apr 30, 2012 -- 9:47AM, teilhard wrote:

Oh, I think that there were and are other Countries around the World that are NOT sympathetic to The United States and ARE sympathetic to Guys like (the unfortunately too Late) Osama bin Laden ... He COULD have -- but did NOT -- surrender to one of THEIR Embassies and receive a Fair Trial in one of THOSE Countries ... 

And given the ***escalation of military adventurism by our current president as well as his disregard for callateral damage there is no doubt that SF would have been sent into any one of those countries.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 01, 2012 - 10:46AM #52
catboxer

Look, Osama bin Laden was NOT a simple harmless innocent traditional GoatHerder who was picked-out at random by the Evil Western Infidels for senseless Persecution just-for-Fun ...

I never said he was. What I'm arguing is that he should have been tried, not assassinated.

What Osama bin Laden was, what he did or didn't do, has absolutely nothing to do with OUR behaivor, and it's the behavior of the United States I'm talking about here.

No matter how many irrelevant observations you bring to the table, and no matter how many different ways of missing the point you come up with, the simple, unavoidable truth of the matter still looms over this foul crime, forecasting the doom of the government and of the people who perpetrated it.

Legitimate governments try those suspected of wrongdoing, because it's one of the practices that gives a government legitimacy. Gangsters, on the other hand, assassinate their enemies.

This is about us, especially Barack Obama. It's not about Osama bin Laden. He did not "make" Obama murder him.

It's easy to spot propagandists, tools, and apologists for the crimes of the empire, because in their universe all wrongdoing is attributable to them. It's always all about them, and never about us.

Adepto vestri stercore simul.ttr
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 01, 2012 - 10:51AM #53
Unworthyone

Apr 30, 2012 -- 9:53PM, teilhard wrote:

Oh, I think that there were and are other Countries around the World that are NOT sympathetic to The United States and ARE sympathetic to Guys like (the unfortunately too Late) Osama bin Laden ... He COULD have -- but did NOT -- surrender to one of THEIR Embassies and receive a Fair Trial in one of THOSE Countries ... 

And given the ***escalation of military adventurism by our current president as well as his disregard for callateral damage there is no doubt that SF would have been sent into any one of those countries.

You know, all those wars he has started.  Obama started that war in Iraq, dontcha know. And Afghanistan.  And the republicans are doing everything they can to restrain this president from attacking Iran and Syria and North Korea.  They are begging him to try everything possible before putting the troops on the ground, diplomacy, sanctions, appeasement, begging, whatever ... but he is such a hell bent warmonger and drunk with military power.  He is out of control! [/sarcasm]

I never consider a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend.  Thomas Jefferson

Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind.
Albert Einstein

You can get anything you want out of life if you will just help enough other people get what they want. Zig Ziglar

http://www.nytimes.com/1991/03/29/opinion/why-i-m-for-the-brady-bill.html
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 01, 2012 - 10:56AM #54
teilhard

I have LONG agreed that it was VERY unfortunate for HIM that Osama bin Laden NEVER made any Attempt to surrender himself to ANY Authority ... He chose his own Fate ("Martyr") ...

He had  TEN  YEARS  to "come in from the Cold" but he did not ...

May 1, 2012 -- 10:46AM, catboxer wrote:

Look, Osama bin Laden was NOT a simple harmless innocent traditional GoatHerder who was picked-out at random by the Evil Western Infidels for senseless Persecution just-for-Fun ...

I never said he was. What I'm arguing is that he should have been tried, not assassinated.

What Osama bin Laden was, what he did or didn't do, has absolutely nothing to do with OUR behaivor, and it's the behavior of the United States I'm talking about here.

No matter how many irrelevant observations you bring to the table, and no matter how many different ways of missing the point you come up with, the simple, unavoidable truth of the matter still looms over this foul crime, forecasting the doom of the government and of the people who perpetrated it.

Legitimate governments try those suspected of wrongdoing, because it's one of the practices that gives a government legitimacy. Gangsters, on the other hand, assassinate their enemies.

This is about us, especially Barack Obama. It's not about Osama bin Laden. He did not "make" Obama murder him.

It's easy to spot propagandists, tools, and apologists for the crimes of the empire, because in their universe all wrongdoing is attributable to them. It's always all about them, and never about us.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 01, 2012 - 10:57AM #55
teilhard

DANG ... !!!  You're right ... My Memory is faltering, I guess ...

May 1, 2012 -- 10:51AM, Unworthyone wrote:

Apr 30, 2012 -- 9:53PM, teilhard wrote:

You know, all those wars he has started.  Obama started that war in Iraq, dontcha know. And Afghanistan.  And the republicans are doing everything they can to restrain this president from attacking Iran and Syria and North Korea.  They are begging him to try everything possible before putting the troops on the ground, diplomacy, sanctions, appeasement, begging, whatever ... but he is such a hell bent warmonger and drunk with military power.  He is out of control! [/sarcasm]

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 01, 2012 - 3:13PM #56
Nepenthe

Here is Greenwald's new article, listing some things that President Obama has done since Osama Bin Laden has died.  I am sure that those who believe that President Obama is incapable of doing wrong in his capacity as Command-in-chief will agree with everything he has either done or signed into law.

In the wake of Osama bin Laden’s summary execution one year ago, many predicted that the War on Terror would finally begin to recede. Here’s what has happened since then:...

...Does it sound like the War on Terror and its accompanying civil liberties erosions are ending, or going in the opposite direction? The morning after the bin Laden killing, I wrote that the killing of bin Laden would likely re-ignite American excitement over militarism and would thus likely further fuel, rather than retard, the War and its various implications. As always: combatting Terrorism is not the end of the War on Terror; the War on Terror is the end in itself, and Terrorism is merely its pretext.

Greater love has no one than this, than to lay down one's life for his friends.
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 01, 2012 - 3:27PM #57
teilhard

Indeed, al Qaida was/is MORE than ONE Guy, Osama bin Laden ... 

You think that following Osama bin Laden's Death, the al Qaida Guys started showing up at local Police Stations and turning themselves over for Trial ... ???

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 01, 2012 - 5:10PM #58
TENAC
obama seems to think so.
Any man can count the seeds in an apple....
.......but only God can count the apples in the seeds.
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 01, 2012 - 7:14PM #59
catboxer

Even as we speak, the preznit is in K'bool, where he was flown on a secret mission, except now it's not.

Apparently he's going to double down yet again on Afghanistan, and try to get Hamid the K to sign a pact that would extend American involvement "into the next decade" according to the story at Huffington Post.

Live televised speech from Bagram at 7:30 eastern -- that's about 18 minutes from now.

This guy is totally unrestrained in the Middle East, and is trying to act like Dirty Harry or something. The only way out of this Afghanistan clusterschnazzle now is for Congress to withhold the money, but I'm not holding my breath.

Adepto vestri stercore simul.ttr
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 01, 2012 - 7:46PM #60
TENAC

More war.

Any man can count the seeds in an apple....
.......but only God can count the apples in the seeds.
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 6 of 7  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook