Switch to Forum Live View British MP's Wronglly Accuse Jerusalem Light Rail of Being Tool of Apartheid
3 years ago  ::  Apr 27, 2012 - 6:07PM #1
rocketjsquirell
British MP's  Wronglly  Accuse Jerusalem Light Rail of Being Tool of Apartheid

The following is an op ed asking the eternal question: "Why, I ask, do people buy into such baseless libel and propaganda? "  Could those of you who do buy into the baseless libel and propaganda please explain why you do so? Those who are smart enough not to buy into the baseless lies and propaganda do you know why so many people do?  

A lesson on Jerusalem

Op-ed: David Ha'ivri responds to UK parliamentarians who claim Israel's capital promotes apartheid  

. . .

The city of Jerusalem, capital of the State of Israel, incorporated its light rail public transportation system this year. The light rail is intended to relieve traffic congestion, and to save the city from some of the air pollution of exhaust fumes from the cars and buses that it will replace.

Three years of its construction was very bothersome to the residents and visitors to Jerusalem because it made transit within the city even more difficult and slowed up traffic, with many roads closed and much traffic redirected. When the work was finally completed, I think that most of Jerusalem was happy with the results.
. . .
The track passes though and stops in both Jewish and Arab neighborhoods. I have taken the train and noticed that both Jews and Arabs are regular commuters. All of the train’s signs, tickets, ticket machines, and public announcements are made very clearly in both Hebrew and Arabic. Signs of station names are posted in both Hebrew and Arabic.

Knowing the facts firsthand, it is strange for me to hear discussions in British Parliament about the light rail being segregated and a “tool of apartheid.” Why, I ask, do people buy into such baseless libel and propaganda?

full article:
www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-42214...
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 27, 2012 - 6:18PM #2
Miraj

It doesn't look segregated to me.

Disclaimer: The opinions of this member are not primarily informed by western ethnocentric paradigms, stereotypes rooted in anti-Muslim/Islam hysteria, "Israel can do no wrong" intransigence, or the perceived need to protect the Judeo-Christian world from invading foreign religions and legal concepts.  By expressing such views, no inherent attempt is being made to derail or hijack threads, but that may be the result.  The result is not the responsibility of this member.

PhotobucketPhotobucket
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 27, 2012 - 6:26PM #3
rocketjsquirell

Miraj

It doesn't look segregated because it is not segregated. However, facts do not stop people from making claims which are contrary to facts. My question is why do they do so and why are the claims believed when the facts disprove them?

Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook