Page 2 of 2  •  Prev 1 2
Switch to Forum Live View Coming Soon! A Hospital Closing Near You!
2 years ago  ::  Apr 30, 2012 - 2:57PM #11
Jasr

Apr 30, 2012 -- 9:11AM, TENAC wrote:

I never said there would not be hospitals.  Just fewer of them.

One of the reasons for waiting lists in Canada is lack of facilities.

I am grateful to Unworthyone for providing the analysis of the reality I have been describing for you anecdotally for years. I urge you to read the study.

Apr 30, 2012 -- 9:11AM, TENAC wrote:

That is where we are heading .

On the upside (from a liberal perspective), we will spend less on health care.

Are you trying to claim now that conservatives want to spend more on health care?

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 30, 2012 - 3:02PM #12
TENAC
The study is  12 years old.  You read it.  Since that article, Canada has attempted to reduce wait times through reform efforts. 

I am glad uwo is doing your research for you.
Any man can count the seeds in an apple....
.......but only God can count the apples in the seeds.
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 30, 2012 - 3:08PM #13
Jasr

Apr 30, 2012 -- 3:02PM, TENAC wrote:

The study is 12 years old. You read it. Since that article, Canada has attempted to reduce wait times through reform efforts.

Indeed they have. That is what learning organizations do. They use data for continuous improvement.

But the point of the article is that even Canada's efforts to improve by attacking wait times suffers from a lack of consistency in what is being measured. The very example I always use in our discussion: that of joint replacement, is given. When wait time is measured from the day the surgeon books the procedure (because he is managing the patient properly and has a good idea when the optimal time will be) of course it looks long.

Apr 30, 2012 -- 3:02PM, TENAC wrote:

I am glad uwo is doing your research for you.

Me too. I certainly can't spend all my time refuting lame propaganda.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 30, 2012 - 3:33PM #14
TENAC
Jas, when a province runs out of funding, the patient is placed on a wait list, unless its an emergency.  We have Ortho's here that literally work in Canada until they have capped out.  With each reform they attempt, they wind up back at the same place.  Sort of the definition of insanity.
Any man can count the seeds in an apple....
.......but only God can count the apples in the seeds.
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 30, 2012 - 3:46PM #15
Jasr

Apr 30, 2012 -- 3:33PM, TENAC wrote:

Jas, when a province runs out of funding, the patient is placed on a wait list, unless its an emergency..

And you know this how?

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 30, 2012 - 4:00PM #16
Jasr

Really TENAC, it's your thread, so it's up to you whether you care that it gets derailed, but unless you can determine that Canadians don't have enough hospitals because several of them had to close because of a patient satisfaction survey that affected 0.3% of their reimbursement, Canadian wait lists are probably off topic. Your call.

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 2 of 2  •  Prev 1 2

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook