Page 6 of 14  •  Prev 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 14 Next
Switch to Forum Live View 60 Minutes on the Plight of Palestinian Christians
2 years ago  ::  Apr 27, 2012 - 1:26PM #51
SherriMunnerlyn

Apr 26, 2012 -- 7:59AM, habesor wrote:

Sherri, you wrote:

"And the allegations that a Thai worker killed the Fogels has never been investigated, all we see that has happened is a Kangaroo court falsely convict some Palestinian boys for the crimes , in unlawful proceedings, that violated the Fourth Geneva Convention."  

Thank you for providing an example of a pro-Palestinian supporter who has the-Palestinians-can-do-no-wrong attitude. 

Habesor

Habesor,

What I am is a human being who objects to the human rights abuses of the Occupation.

And all detention practices against Palestinians are unlawful and have no credibility whatsoever.

It has nothing to with an attitude Palestinians can do no wrong, it is all about illegality and injustices. 

Sherri

Moderated by Miraj on Apr 27, 2012 - 01:35PM
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 27, 2012 - 1:32PM #52
Miraj

This thread is not about the Fogel murders.  We will not be revisiting that incident here.

miraj in mod mode

Disclaimer: The opinions of this member are not primarily informed by western ethnocentric paradigms, stereotypes rooted in anti-Muslim/Islam hysteria, "Israel can do no wrong" intransigence, or the perceived need to protect the Judeo-Christian world from invading foreign religions and legal concepts.  By expressing such views, no inherent attempt is being made to derail or hijack threads, but that may be the result.  The result is not the responsibility of this member.

PhotobucketPhotobucket
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 27, 2012 - 2:07PM #53
vra

Apr 26, 2012 -- 11:46PM, habesor wrote:

So Miraj,

When VRA said that you have never been seen on this forum being critical of any of the actions of Hamas  et al, you confirm VRA's observation to be a correct.

There are two more questions which should be asked:

Have you ever made statements on this forum critical of the PA or the PLO?

After being critical of supporters of Israel whose posts on this forum, you allege, contain no criticism of Israel, is it your practice to submit posts here with no criticism of the Palestinians?

Habesor

Thank you for making that observation and posting it, because to consistantly condemn one group while ignoring the opposing group tells us that this person has no intention of even attempting to be objective.  Not only does their bias show through like gangbusters, they essentially kill their own positions because it becomes clear they have no intention of being objective and rational.  Instead, all we see are streams of myopic hatred used to demonize an entire people.   

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 27, 2012 - 2:20PM #54
Miraj

Apr 27, 2012 -- 2:07PM, vra wrote:

Apr 26, 2012 -- 11:46PM, habesor wrote:

So Miraj,

When VRA said that you have never been seen on this forum being critical of any of the actions of Hamas  et al, you confirm VRA's observation to be a correct.

There are two more questions which should be asked:

Have you ever made statements on this forum critical of the PA or the PLO?

After being critical of supporters of Israel whose posts on this forum, you allege, contain no criticism of Israel, is it your practice to submit posts here with no criticism of the Palestinians?

Habesor

Thank you for making that observation and posting it, because to consistantly condemn one group while ignoring the opposing group tells us that this person has no intention of even attempting to be objective.  Not only does their bias show through like gangbusters, they essentially kill their own positions because it becomes clear they have no intention of being objective and rational.  Instead, all we see are streams of myopic hatred used to demonize an entire people.   

LOL! Like objectivity and rationality are staples of MENP and our "pro-Israel" posters have a habit of convincingly defending Arabs and Muslims to prove they're not biased.  This righteous indignation is amusing, but, in no way do my critics supply any kind of balance in discourse that lends credibility to their admonishment of me.  All they want is more opportunities to attack my positions, and when they don't get it, they attack me for being discerning.

Don't be a bully.  Bullies are bad lol.

Back to the topic, dudes, and the topic ain't me.

Disclaimer: The opinions of this member are not primarily informed by western ethnocentric paradigms, stereotypes rooted in anti-Muslim/Islam hysteria, "Israel can do no wrong" intransigence, or the perceived need to protect the Judeo-Christian world from invading foreign religions and legal concepts.  By expressing such views, no inherent attempt is being made to derail or hijack threads, but that may be the result.  The result is not the responsibility of this member.

PhotobucketPhotobucket
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 27, 2012 - 2:34PM #55
rocketjsquirell

Miraj

So your answer to the question is "no I never criticize the PA, or any other Palestinian "representative" organization, however the one thing which prevents "objectivity" is the failure of pro-Israel posters to sufficiently criticize Israel ( I added the sufficiently since I am unaware of any of the pro-Israel posters never criticizing Israel or any Israeli actions or Israeli political or public figures).

To get back to the actual topic, do you have any comment whatsoever of the policies of the PA which have had the effect of encouraging Arab Palestinian Christians to leave PA controlled areas? Do you have any criticism of anyone over the use of Christian Churches and holy sites (such as the Church of the Nativity in Bethlehem) by the PA and or any other "representative" Palestinians group or members thereof as sanctuary or as cover for military operations? If you do not, why not?

Please let us know.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 27, 2012 - 2:38PM #56
Miraj

Apr 27, 2012 -- 2:34PM, rocketjsquirell wrote:

Miraj

So your answer to the question is "no I never criticize the PA, or any other Palestinian "representative" organization, however the one thing which prevents "objectivity" is the failure of pro-Israel posters to sufficiently criticize Israel ( I added the sufficiently since I am unaware of any of the pro-Israel posters never criticizing Israel or any Israeli actions or Israeli political or public figures).

I said I don't post about Hamas and the like.  I didn't say I'm not critical of them.

To get back to the actual topic, do you have any comment whatsoever of the policies of the PA which have had the effect of encouraging Arab Palestinian Christians to leave PA controlled areas? Do you have any criticism of anyone over the use of Christian Churches and holy sites (such as the Church of the Nativity in Bethlehem) by the PA and or any other "representative" Palestinians group or members thereof as sanctuary or as cover for military operations? If you do not, why not?

Please let us know.

Like I said, there are so many interested in doing that.  I'm just not much of a joiner.

PhotobucketPhotobucket
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 27, 2012 - 2:52PM #57
vra

Again, Sherri, as long as one is only using certain sources that quite clearly have a specific perspective, you're only gonna get one side of the picture. If you have a Google account, you can get daily Middle Eastern news feeds from Reuters, A.P., BBC, and CNN for no cost, and it's very easy to set up.   

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 27, 2012 - 2:55PM #58
rocketjsquirell

"When something important is going on, silence is a lie."  A.M. Rosenthal

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 27, 2012 - 2:57PM #59
Miraj

Apr 27, 2012 -- 2:34PM, rocketjsquirell wrote:

Please let us know.

This is something I'm curious about.  This topic is about a report about what Israel does that is driving Christians out.  Yet, not one "pro-Israel" poster has stayed on point.  Instead, each has attempted to shift the blame for the exodus of Christians on Muslims.  No one can be simply critical of Israel's actions.

Is the the kind of objectivity I'm supposed to emulate?

PhotobucketPhotobucket
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 27, 2012 - 3:12PM #60
rocketjsquirell

Miraj

You claim objectivity. I do not. I do claim fairness which is not the same as objectivity but which is much more important.  Since I have not found much of anything in the way of Israeli policies which could be said to target Palestinian Christians in particular, I have nothing to comment on. On the other hand, since there are actual PA policies which are targeted at Palestinian Christians there is stuff to talk about.

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 6 of 14  •  Prev 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 14 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook