2 years ago  ::  Apr 23, 2012 - 8:01PM #1
catboxer
During the middle ages, the Church burned books. It was an effective way for them to suppress ideas they didn't like.

Then came Martin Luther, and the Church fathers burned all the Lutheran books. They thought, but come to find out, the printing press had already been invented, making the total eradication of a book difficult to impossible.

Now comes Rusty Limbaugh and the Fluke affair. Then comes DailyKos, stringing together a videotape of "53 of Rush Limbaugh's most vile smears against Georgetown Law student Sandra Fluke."

So then Rusty gets the tape taken down from YouTube, but then...
Why not just let Kos tell it?
www.dailykos.com/story/2012/04/23/108579...

Seems to me Rusty is a little behind the times. Once there's digitally recorded evidence of something, it can always be recalled, and there's no way you can repress it. No matter how much of a big shot you are.

Anyway, what's with this menso gordo? Does he no longer agree with his own words that came out of his own mouth?
Adepto vestri stercore simul.ttr
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 24, 2012 - 10:10AM #2
Unworthyone

For three days, this clown calls a private citizen a slut and a prostitute, slanders her with multiple lies repeatedly.  And then, after his sponsors started getting back splash, he apologizes "for using those words".

I'm thankful that the daily kos has the courage to face down Limbaugh on this copyright infringement BS.  I guarantee you, he will not pursue this to court.  His bosses want to put this behind them, not drag it out in the public square for several years.

On the other hand, I think it would be great if Sandra Fluke would take Limbaugh to court and play this clip for a jury.  Seems to me she has a case.

I never consider a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend.  Thomas Jefferson

Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind.
Albert Einstein

You can get anything you want out of life if you will just help enough other people get what they want. Zig Ziglar

http://www.nytimes.com/1991/03/29/opinion/why-i-m-for-the-brady-bill.html
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 24, 2012 - 12:37PM #3
Hatman
Well, she'd have to prove damages, which can be a difficult row to hoe.

But if she can find any criminal charges to file against Limbaugh(county, State, Federal), any whatsoever---and he's convicted---the civil suit will be a slam-dunk.  i'd seek legal advice from a well-educated shark.

i wish her well, and would assist her in harpooming that bloated bloviator to the best of my ability, were i able.

And yes, i used an "m" on purpose in "harpoom."

With goodwill to all the People-

Hatman
"History records that the moneychangers have used every form of abuse, deceit, intrigue, and violent means possible to maintain their control over governments by controlling money and it's issuance."
-- James Madison(1751-1836), Father of the Constitution for the USA, 4th US President
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 24, 2012 - 10:53PM #4
Bodean

Apr 24, 2012 -- 12:37PM, Hatman wrote:

Well, she'd have to prove damages, which can be a difficult row to hoe. But if she can find any criminal charges to file against Limbaugh(county, State, Federal), any whatsoever---and he's convicted---the civil suit will be a slam-dunk. i'd seek legal advice from a well-educated shark. i wish her well, and would assist her in harpooming that bloated bloviator to the best of my ability, were i able. And yes, i used an "m" on purpose in "harpoom." With goodwill to all the People- Hatman

Yep .. that's really what it is all about isn't it Hatman??  Let's harpoom a guy a person disagree's with, and then of course, .. go for the MONEY!

WELL .. I think Fluck is a SLUT as well!  She's a POLTICAL SLUT! She's a Leftists .. which IMO, actually makes her worse than a SLUT!

SO .. now .. she can sue me.  Only problem is, I ain't got nuttin.  So .. I won't expect to get a notice in the mail anytime soon.

That's the difference .. He's rich .. I"m not.  pathetic.

P.S .. she won't find anything criminal on him ... because the transcript clearly states ... "that makes her a slut .. right?  That question mark makes it a question .. not a proclaimation.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 25, 2012 - 3:12AM #5
Unworthyone

Apr 24, 2012 -- 10:53PM, Bodean wrote:

Apr 24, 2012 -- 12:37PM, Hatman wrote:

Well, she'd have to prove damages, which can be a difficult row to hoe. But if she can find any criminal charges to file against Limbaugh(county, State, Federal), any whatsoever---and he's convicted---the civil suit will be a slam-dunk. i'd seek legal advice from a well-educated shark. i wish her well, and would assist her in harpooming that bloated bloviator to the best of my ability, were i able. And yes, i used an "m" on purpose in "harpoom." With goodwill to all the People- Hatman

Yep .. that's really what it is all about isn't it Hatman??  Let's harpoom a guy a person disagree's with, and then of course, .. go for the MONEY!

WELL .. I think Fluck is a SLUT as well!  She's a POLTICAL SLUT! She's a Leftists .. which IMO, actually makes her worse than a SLUT!

SO .. now .. she can sue me.  Only problem is, I ain't got nuttin.  So .. I won't expect to get a notice in the mail anytime soon.

That's the difference .. He's rich .. I"m not.  pathetic.

P.S .. she won't find anything criminal on him ... because the transcript clearly states ... "that makes her a slut .. right?  That question mark makes it a question .. not a proclaimation.

I'm not up on slander and libel law, but it seems to me if a single prospective employer says "Oh, so you're that woman that got Rush Limbaugh in so much heat with his sponsors.  Sorry, we're not hiring," she would have a case.  All she did was offer testimony before a congressional committee, and for that, a man with an audience of 20 million a week gets to say anything he wants about her? Even make up stuff that was completely false?  I don't think that is right.

Like I said before, if Sandra Fluke was my wife or daughter, I'd be in jail right now guilty of beating the living crap out of Limbaugh.  Call my daughter a slut on the air?  He would regret that, I assure you.

Of course, there are those of you who think that if you have enough money, you can say anything about anyone and the rules of common decency don't apply.  Well, good for you.

I never consider a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend.  Thomas Jefferson

Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind.
Albert Einstein

You can get anything you want out of life if you will just help enough other people get what they want. Zig Ziglar

http://www.nytimes.com/1991/03/29/opinion/why-i-m-for-the-brady-bill.html
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 26, 2012 - 8:39PM #6
Roodog

Apr 23, 2012 -- 8:01PM, catboxer wrote:

During the middle ages, the Church burned books. It was an effective way for them to suppress ideas they didn't like.

Then came Martin Luther, and the Church fathers burned all the Lutheran books. They thought, but come to find out, the printing press had already been invented, making the total eradication of a book difficult to impossible.

Now comes Rusty Limbaugh and the Fluke affair. Then comes DailyKos, stringing together a videotape of "53 of Rush Limbaugh's most vile smears against Georgetown Law student Sandra Fluke."

So then Rusty gets the tape taken down from YouTube, but then...
Why not just let Kos tell it?
www.dailykos.com/story/2012/04/23/108579...

Seems to me Rusty is a little behind the times. Once there's digitally recorded evidence of something, it can always be recalled, and there's no way you can repress it. No matter how much of a big shot you are.

Anyway, what's with this menso gordo? Does he no longer agree with his own words that came out of his own mouth?

"They who begin by burning books will end up burning men."
-Heinrich Heine-

For those who have faith, no explanation is neccessary.
For those who have no faith, no explanation is possible.

St. Thomas Aquinas

If one turns his ear from hearing the Law, even his prayer is an abomination. Proverbs 28:9
Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook