Switch to Forum Live View Syrian opposition leader, interview with Israel Radio, says Syrians want peace with Israel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 21, 2012 - 5:28PM #1
rocketjsquirell
Now this is good news

Syrian opposition leader, in unprecedented interview with Israel Radio, says Syrians want peace with Israel
Speaking from Paris, Nofal Al-Dalawibi, son of a former Syrian PM, calls Assad a ‘mafia bacteria’ and says opposition will not negotiate with him
By Michal Shmulovich

. . .
Dalawibi’s interview marked the potential beginning of a change from that mindset, should the Syrian opposition struggle prevail. When asked about the “fear that many Israelis have” that Islamic forces may occupy the political vacuum in Syria if Assad falls — and what effect that would have on Syria’s relationship with Israel — Dalawibi replied that the Syrian people do not want any more fighting. Syrian civilians have been left out of the political process for over 40 years and they only want peace, he added.
. . .

full article:
www.timesofisrael.com/syrian-opposition-...

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 21, 2012 - 5:34PM #2
KindredSai

I don't think the fact that Syrians want no more fighting doesn't really equate to having peaceful diplomatic relations with Israel.

If anything democracies expose the masses's opinion. And I do not think the democratic masses of Syrians do want to recognise Israel until the occupation is resolved. There are Muslim democracies that still do not recognise Israel.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 21, 2012 - 9:17PM #3
Mlyons619

Sour grapes on the news, eh KS?

"No freedom without education"
            --Thomas Jefferson

"NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition"
            -- Monty Python
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 22, 2012 - 1:57AM #4
Dostojevsky

I think Opposition leader ---all the way from Paris,

not from the middle of Syria covered in blood and dust,

is lining up for a cosy job?

I

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 22, 2012 - 11:09AM #5
habesor

God forbid, there should be Arabs who want peace with Israel.

Habesor

Habesor
Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook