Page 5 of 5  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5
Switch to Forum Live View Security Council Approves 300 Monitors in Syria
2 years ago  ::  May 26, 2012 - 3:44PM #41
arabianwitch

I'm all for helping those who oppose the current Syrian government. I'll leave it at that since saying more gets into US politics and that I may not do.

Salaam,

Aisha

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 26, 2012 - 9:45PM #42
rangerken

More talk!!!

clinton-condemns-syria-atrocity

we're beginning to sound worse than the useless UN...if that's possible.

Ken

Libertarian, Conservative, Life member of the NRA and VFW
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 27, 2012 - 10:57AM #43
Dostojevsky

What hypocrisy!

What garbage!

We've heard it all by now. To see the name Clinton is to ignore anything she says.

"And despite the West's narrative unraveling, and it becoming abundantly clear that the unrest is being perpetuated by terrorist organizations funded and armed by foreign interests, the US has pressed on with Israel and Saudi Arabia in continuing this funding and arming - even in the midst of a UN brokered ceasefire. The Washington Post reported that indeed the Gulf States with the US' help, were arming militants operating in and around Syria despite the ongoing efforts by the UN to end the violence. Associated Press confirms that the US is further planning to arm Syrian militants, despite reports out of the Pentagon itself that Al Qaeda is demonstratively present and operating alongside the so-called Free Syrian Army. Again, it should be noted that as early as 2007, the Pentagon was well aware that arming extremists to destabilize Iran, Syria, and Hezbollah in Lebanon required using groups affiliated directly with Al Qaeda. "

Read it Rocket - 'the Gulf States with US help...' and here's the link I am sure you want to be properly informed?

www.globalresearch.ca/index.php?context=...

and more here

"Syrian rebels battling the regime of President Bashar al-Assad have begun receiving significantly more and better weapons in recent weeks, an effort paid for by Persian Gulf nations and coordinated in part by the United States, according to opposition activists and U.S. and foreign officials."www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-se...

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 27, 2012 - 11:29AM #44
rocketjsquirell

This is not a good sign either:

Syria denies Arab League’s deputy envoy entry to Damascus
Government says it does not want to deal with Arab League, has its own investigation into the Houla assault

CAIRO (AP) — A senior Arab League official says Syria has denied permission for a deputy of UN-Arab League envoy Kofi Annan to travel to Damascus.

The official says Syria made clear that the decision against former Palestinian foreign minister Nasser al-Kidwa is not personal, but rather because it did not want to deal with the Arab League.
. . .
Makdissi told reporters in Damascus at a Sunday news conference that Syria is being subjected to a “tsunami of lies” blaming the government. He said anti-government gunmen carried the attack. Earlier, Syrian authorities had blamed the attack on al-Qaeda-linked rebels.

“We categorically deny the responsibility of government forces for the massacre,” Makdissi said. Makdissi says a committee was sent to investigate the case and results should be out within three days.

full article:
www.timesofisrael.com/syrian-government-...

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 27, 2012 - 11:38AM #45
rocketjsquirell

Well who would have thought?

Iran confirms sending troops to Syria

Islamic Republic admits its forces are aiding Assad's regime in crackdown on pro-democracy protesters; UN's tally of fatalities in Syrian uprising is at 13,000

. . .
full article:
www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-42346...

It really is getting a whole lot easier to tell the good guys from the bad guys

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 27, 2012 - 11:44AM #46
rangerken

May 27, 2012 -- 11:38AM, rocketjsquirell wrote:

Well who would have thought?

Iran confirms sending troops to Syria

Islamic Republic admits its forces are aiding Assad's regime in crackdown on pro-democracy protesters; UN's tally of fatalities in Syrian uprising is at 13,000

. . .
full article:
www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-42346...

It really is getting a whole lot easier to tell the good guys from the bad guys

First, no surprise here. Second, Iran must have realized this was about to come out so they pre-empted it by admitting it themselves. I would like to see more reports from other sources, though. I'll look in the Lebanon Daily Star and the Jordan Times.

Ken

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 27, 2012 - 11:51AM #47
rangerken

Here is what is current in the Jordan Times today.

syria-un-observers-visit-massacre-town

And in the Lebanon Daily Star...

dozens-of-children-killed-in-new-syria-attack

There are other aticles about Syria also in both papers, but I found nothing about Iran having troops inside syria in either one.

Ken

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 27, 2012 - 5:08PM #48
rocketjsquirell

Did someone mention the useless U.N.?

UN Security Council holds emergency meeting to discuss Syria massacre
White House calls attack a ‘vile testament to an illegitimate regime

UNITED NATIONS (AP) — The UN Security Council held an emergency meeting Sunday afternoon to hear a briefing from the head of the UN observer mission in Syria on the massacre in the town of Houla, with Russia questioning whether Syrian tanks and artillery were responsible.
. . .

Mood told the council that UN observers at the scene now estimate that about 108 people were killed in Houla, UN peacekeeping chief Herve Ladsous told reporters outside the council chamber. Mood said Saturday that more than 32 children under the age of 10 were among the dead. He said then that the observers confirmed from examination of ordnance found at the scene that artillery and tank shells were fired.
. . .
The Houla attacks have sparked outrage from American and other international leaders, and renewed concerns about the relevance of a 6-week-old international peace plan negotiated by Annan that has not stopped almost daily violence despite the presence of more than 250 UN observers. The UN put the death toll weeks ago at more than 9,000. Hundreds have been killed since.

Copyright 2012 The Associated Press.

full article:
www.timesofisrael.com/un-security-counci...

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 28, 2012 - 12:34AM #49
rangerken

So here is what the UN is 'talking' about.

un-security-council-meets-on-syria-massacre/

And here is what the UN is doing.

NOTHING as usual...unfortunately.

Ken

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 28, 2012 - 2:32PM #50
rangerken

Now isn't' this 'interesting'?

atrocities-could-trigger-military-intervention-in-syria-joint-chiefs-chairman/

I don't believe the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff would make a comment like this without the prior OK from the Commander-in-chief, President Obama.

I also find it 'interesting' that very few members have chosen to comment about this very dangerous Midle east situation. Is it perhaps because it doesn't involve Isael or Paletinians???

So how about it people...what do you think about this...it involves Arabs killing other Arabs...doesn't that matter? I think it does!

Even the Russians seem to be falling in line with western opinion...so maybe, just maybe something will get done. If the US and Russia agree that bodes well I think.

russia-condemns-ally-syria-over-massacre

Right now we can but hope...and pray...for the Arabs caught in this horrific mess.

Ken

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 5 of 5  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook