Page 1 of 6  •  1 2 3 4 5 6 Next
Switch to Forum Live View
Locked: The elephant in the conference rooms - Jew Hatred
3 years ago  ::  Apr 19, 2012 - 7:11PM #1
rocketjsquirell
Not that being anti-Israel could have any connection to being anti-semitic, of course not!

The elephant of Jew hatred

Hatred of Jews is the central animating feature of the political and strategic reality of the Middle East. It is hatred of Jews that dictates the legal regimes, foreign policies, military aspirations, cultural mores, educational themes and even public health policies of our neighbors from Ramallah to Tehran.

Despite the centrality of Jew-hatred in all aspects of public life in the Arab and Muslim world, our neighbors' unrelenting and irrational abhorrence for Israel and the Jewish people remains a dirty secret that you aren't supposed to mention in polite company. From Washington to Brussels, talk of the policy implications of Arab and Muslim Jew-hatred is prohibited.

Omar Abu-Sneina, a convicted terrorist murderer, is one of the thousand Palestinian terrorists that Israel released from prison in order to secure the release of Israeli hostage IDF Sgt.- Maj. Gilad Schalit. Originally from Hebron, Abu-Sneina was released to Hamas-controlled Gaza.

This week the IDF announced that since his release Abu-Sneina has returned to the terror business. The Shin Bet (Israel Security Agency) intercepted a computer memory card he sent his family in Hebron with instructions for how his fellow terrorists should go about kidnapping and holding IDF soldiers hostage. The instructions demonstrate how for Abu-Sneina, Israelis don't even deserve to be treated like animal
. . .

THIS WEEK, a Palestinian court sentenced Muhammad Abu Shahala to death for selling a home in Hebron near the Cave of the Patriarchs to Jews. Shahala was arrested shortly after several Jewish families moved into the house last month. He was reportedly tortured and quickly tried and sentenced to die by a PA court.

The PA was established in May 1994. The first law it adopted defined selling land to Jews as a capital offense. Shortly thereafter scores of Arab land sellers began turning up dead in Jerusalem and Judea and Samaria in both judicial and extrajudicial killings.
. . .
The Palestinians of course are far from unique in their obsession with hating Jews. Their hemorrhage of hatred, their obsessive need to reject any move towards peaceful coexistence with Israel, or what the renowned late Palestinian poet Yousuf Al Khatib referred to picturesquely as "the Jewish filth of Europe," is matched in every Arab land. And of course, it is the primary obsession of the Iranian regime.
. . .
On the other hand, when it comes to their direct dealings with Jew-haters, Westerners not only fail to confront them about their prejudice. They enable it. For instance, at a townhall meeting during her visit to Tunisia last month, Hillary Clinton was asked how US leaders can be trusted when during elections, "most of the candidates from both sides run towards the Zionist lobbies to get their support."

Rather than reject the anti-Jewish premise of the question - that Jews exert inordinate control over US politics or that there is something wrong with candidates expressing support for Israel - Clinton treated the question as legitimate.

She said, "A lot of things are said in political campaigns that should not bear a lot of attention."
. . .
Because the Americans and the Europeans refuse to acknowledge the elephant of Jew-hatred in the middle of the room, they cannot be trusted to make reasoned or rational policy decisions. And since they cannot be trusted to act rationally, Israel cannot rely on the Americans or the Europeans as allies or partners when it confronts threats from its Jew-obsessed neighbors.

full article:
www.jpost.com/LandedPages/PrintArticle.a...

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 19, 2012 - 9:29PM #2
Miraj

The obsession (and paranoia) is with Arabs and Muslims on the part of the pundits you choose to post, Rocky.  Most Muslims and Arabs aren't obsessed with Israel, Jews or Jew hatred.  It's a shame that you can't accept that most Arabs and Muslims are just normal, everyday people, like, well, I would say like Jews, but you have me worried about them from the stuff you post.

Disclaimer: The opinions of this member are not primarily informed by western ethnocentric paradigms, stereotypes rooted in anti-Muslim/Islam hysteria, "Israel can do no wrong" intransigence, or the perceived need to protect the Judeo-Christian world from invading foreign religions and legal concepts.  By expressing such views, no inherent attempt is being made to derail or hijack threads, but that may be the result.  The result is not the responsibility of this member.

PhotobucketPhotobucket
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 19, 2012 - 9:52PM #3
rocketjsquirell

Miraj

Then please explain:

1. the reason for the total rejection of Israel by the Arab nations

2. the anti-semitic rhetoric used by the Arab media and Arab governments when discussing Israel

3. the anti-semitic slogans used by Arab political and terrorist groups

4. the anti-semitic policies of the PA - which calls for a Judenrein state

5. the ant-semtic policies of other Arab countries

6. the deportation of the Jewish populations from Arab countries

Frankly, I can feel the "love" from the Arab nations, peoples, and organizations. I am surprised you are missing it. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 19, 2012 - 10:12PM #4
Miraj

Apr 19, 2012 -- 9:52PM, rocketjsquirell wrote:

Miraj

Then please explain:

1. the reason for the total rejection of Israel by the Arab nations

2. the anti-semitic rhetoric used by the Arab media and Arab governments when discussing Israel

3. the anti-semitic slogans used by Arab political and terrorist groups

4. the anti-semitic policies of the PA - which calls for a Judenrein state

5. the ant-semtic policies of other Arab countries

6. the deportation of the Jewish populations from Arab countries

Frankly, I can feel the "love" from the Arab nations, peoples, and organizations. I am surprised you are missing it. 

I don't buy such absolutism.  Your process is to throw a blanket over Arabs, Muslims and nations full of either, then, pronounce them all the same.  I know better than to do that, but then, I get out more than you seem to to see for myself what's happening rather than to rely on stupid opinions I read on the net.  That kind of dependency demonstrably rots the brain.

Disclaimer: The opinions of this member are not primarily informed by western ethnocentric paradigms, stereotypes rooted in anti-Muslim/Islam hysteria, "Israel can do no wrong" intransigence, or the perceived need to protect the Judeo-Christian world from invading foreign religions and legal concepts.  By expressing such views, no inherent attempt is being made to derail or hijack threads, but that may be the result.  The result is not the responsibility of this member.

PhotobucketPhotobucket
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 20, 2012 - 12:00AM #5
JAstor

Apr 19, 2012 -- 9:29PM, Miraj wrote:

The obsession (and paranoia) is with Arabs and Muslims on the part of the pundits you choose to post, Rocky. 

This type of denial shows that the problem is not only as bad as reported but worse. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 20, 2012 - 12:46AM #6
Miraj

Apr 20, 2012 -- 12:00AM, JAstor wrote:

Apr 19, 2012 -- 9:29PM, Miraj wrote:

The obsession (and paranoia) is with Arabs and Muslims on the part of the pundits you choose to post, Rocky. 

This type of denial shows that the problem is not only as bad as reported but worse. 

Denial about Jewish paranoia is more of a problem. 

This quote:

Despite the centrality of Jew-hatred in all aspects of public life in the Arab and Muslim world, our neighbors' unrelenting and irrational abhorrence for Israel and the Jewish people remains a dirty secret that you aren't supposed to mention in polite company. 

shows how full of crap and hubris some folks are to think that all Arabs and Muslims do all day is go around hating Jews.  That kind of crap is not a problem among Arabs and Muslims, it's an unhealthy head case preoccupation among some Jews who think that the whole world revolves around them.  I've got news for ya, it doesn't.

The real elephant in the room is Jewish paranoia.

PhotobucketPhotobucket
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 20, 2012 - 1:42AM #7
rangerken

My problem with some opinions here is that there is an indisputable fact that the are groups who very much want to kill Jews beause they are Jews, and destroy Israel because it exists, and these groups have tried and continue to try to do just that. Now in my opinion THAt is the large, elephant in the room.

Ken

Libertarian, Conservative, Life member of the NRA and VFW
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 20, 2012 - 3:27AM #8
CharikIeia

Now, do we also feature PETA topics here?

Hatred of elephants? In this room?

tl;dr
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 20, 2012 - 3:41AM #9
CharikIeia

Apr 19, 2012 -- 7:11PM, rocketjsquirell wrote:

... unrelenting and irrational abhorrence for Israel and the Jewish people remains a dirty secret that you aren't supposed to mention in polite company. From Washington to Brussels, talk of the policy implications of Arab and Muslim Jew-hatred is prohibited.

It is generally considered "bad manners" if you discuss your own projections about others as if they were facts. It's perfectly legitimate to discuss actual policy, but to discuss suspected reasons others may or may not have behind policies is quite a different animal. Especially when these insinuated reasons are obviously irrational.

Basic respect for the other as a human being dictates on us to make this difference, and discuss facts, not insinuated motivations. You should understand that when you demand the same respect for the Israeli / Jewish position.

Next, I see that you mention Washington & Brussels here. What people do over there is not exactly a Middle East News & Politics topic, UNLESS you can point out a connection. "Lack of talk" is apparently "lack of documented connection".

... when it comes to their direct dealings with Jew-haters, Westerners not only fail to confront them about their prejudice. They enable it. For instance, at a townhall meeting during her visit to Tunisia last month, Hillary Clinton was asked how US leaders can be trusted when during elections, "most of the candidates from both sides run towards the Zionist lobbies to get their support."

Rather than reject the anti-Jewish premise of the question - that Jews exert inordinate control over US politics or that there is something wrong with candidates expressing support for Israel - Clinton treated the question as legitimate.

She said, "A lot of things are said in political campaigns that should not bear a lot of attention."
. . .
Because the Americans and the Europeans refuse to acknowledge the elephant of Jew-hatred in the middle of the room, they cannot be trusted to make reasoned or rational policy decisions. And since they cannot be trusted to act rationally, Israel cannot rely on the Americans or the Europeans as allies or partners when it confronts threats from its Jew-obsessed neighbors.

full article:
www.jpost.com/LandedPages/PrintArticle.a...

If this is the topic, it will go to where the friends of Hillary & other Americans can discuss it more broadly, friends!

tl;dr
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 20, 2012 - 7:07AM #10
JAstor

Apr 20, 2012 -- 1:42AM, rangerken wrote:

My problem with some opinions here is that there is an indisputable fact that the are groups who very much want to kill Jews beause they are Jews, and destroy Israel because it exists, and these groups have tried and continue to try to do just that. Now in my opinion THAt is the large, elephant in the room.

Ken

Agreed Ken. There is no equivalency here -- though deniers and defenders of the indefensible try to say and impose their will otherwise. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 6  •  1 2 3 4 5 6 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook