Page 2 of 4  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 Next
Switch to Forum Live View Are there "forbidden topics" people may not talk about?
2 years ago  ::  Apr 19, 2012 - 11:27AM #11
habesor

Dos,

Your answer is not adequate. I asked you to define what you mean by the "Jewish version of history". I also asked you to tell us, preferably by quoting the law, what law prevents one from questioning the Jewish version of history. So far, you have done neither,

By the way, I happen to agree with the advocates of free speech who argue that we should not limit speech even when it is hate speech. After all if a person wants to publicly show off his ignorant prejudice that should be his right. Now once again, what do you mean by the Jewish version of history and what laws prevent this version from being questioned?

Habesor

Habesor
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 19, 2012 - 12:13PM #12
LeahOne

Dos:  It's obvious your one post about Toben was quoting some op/ed piece.  I'd appreciate it if you'd include the source and also identify it.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 19, 2012 - 12:24PM #13
LeahOne

Oh, and Dos?  I'm still hoping to get an answer from you regarding the passing of 'hate speech' legislation in various nations and your assertion that 'the Jews' are responsible for that.

Also - you really need to explain how one can keep insisting that 'the Jews control the White House/Congress/Wall St/Hollywood/the media - any or all of those - in the USA *while no such 'hate speech' law has ever been passed in the US*

That 'evidence', as I've cited before, is a huge anomaly in your "theory" (of international Jewish pressure to pass 'hate-speech' laws, etc) - I think that example alone is enough to debunk the contention. 

And as Habesor has requested:  just what DID you mean by 'the Jewish version of history' (of WW2)?

Should we hear 'both sides' of John Wayne Gacy's career as well?  How about 'both sides' of the family in Austria where Daddy locked his daughter in the basement and knocked her up seven times?  

Or is there some part of the crime in 'war crime' which you are just unable to process?

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 19, 2012 - 12:59PM #14
CharikIeia

Hmm, okay, after we learnt more, it turns out that I was mistaken, and the allegedly "forbidden topic" actually is not related to Middle East News & Politics... this thread will go to Worldwide News & Politics in a few hours, you're cordially invited to follow it there!

Because, you know, we have this topic categorisation on b'net. Not that we forbid, but we order. The creative chaos in our heads may revolt against such patronising, but if we're honest with ourselves, I think we have to admit that it's not such a bad idea to care for some order in the outside world :-)

tl;dr
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 19, 2012 - 5:51PM #15
CharikIeia

...and here it goes.

This thread was moved here from the Middle East News & Politics Forum.

tl;dr
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 19, 2012 - 6:44PM #16
JAstor

Apr 19, 2012 -- 5:51PM, CharikIeia wrote:

...and here it goes.

This thread was moved here from the Middle East News & Politics Forum.

On the Middle East board it is verboten to talk about Martians who believe in Allah and find inspiration in the Quran and Islamic teachings to blow up others in market places, impose autocratic dictatorships, treat women as second class citizens, treat Jews and Christians as second class citizens, kill infidels like Pacifists of the Bahai faith, and draw cartoons criticizing the founder of the Martians. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 19, 2012 - 7:59PM #17
Peter_bowditch

Apr 19, 2012 -- 12:13PM, LeahOne wrote:

Dos:  It's obvious your one post about Toben was quoting some op/ed piece.  I'd appreciate it if you'd include the source and also identify it.

The quotes were from a collection of things I've had to say about Toben on my site, The Millenium Project. The page containing both quotes can be found here.

As my copyright notice clearly says, people are free to quote me provided they provide proper acknowledgement. They should also refrain from capitalising anything to make a point that might not be mine.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 20, 2012 - 4:55AM #18
CharikIeia

Apr 19, 2012 -- 6:44PM, JAstor wrote:

On the Middle East board it is verboten to talk about Martians who believe in Allah and find inspiration in the Quran and Islamic teachings to blow up others in market places, impose autocratic dictatorships, treat women as second class citizens, treat Jews and Christians as second class citizens, kill infidels like Pacifists of the Bahai faith, and draw cartoons criticizing the founder of the Martians.

Martians, you say?

Don't have a forum for such talk? Called "exo-terrestric practises" or so?

tl;dr
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 20, 2012 - 6:35AM #19
Dostojevsky

Apr 19, 2012 -- 7:59PM, Peter_bowditch wrote:

The quotes were from a collection of things I've had to say about Toben on my site, The Millenium Project. The page containing both quotes can be found here.

As my copyright notice clearly says, people are free to quote me provided they provide proper acknowledgement. They should also refrain from capitalising anything to make a point that might not be mine.

Peter, so glad you found us and provided the link.

My appologies for the rest*

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 20, 2012 - 7:34AM #20
Dostojevsky

This is from a Letter to the Editor by Amy Phillips Aremia of USA to The Australian our main newspaper which will answer some of Habesor' and others' questions:

"In the Australian, August 18, 2009, issue, Steven Lewis and Peter Wertheim wrote, "Freedom of Speech should not be freedom to vilify." It has its certain merits; however, when it comes to those who question or deny the Holocaust, the word is grossly overused in denying freedom to those who question. Instead of debating the issue, these people are vilified and character assassinated by instilling and reading into what they believe the questioners had written, as they have done to the statements used by Dr. Toben, which, to the average reader do not sound offensive, racial hatred, racist or anti-Semitic but logical questions when one considers that a Holocaust did not occur as such, for killing was not limited only to Jews.

"Pulling a "Holocaust" out of World War II, is, in itself, a racist act. Any government which requires persons within its jurisdiction to accept a belief, without allowing public questioning or debate as to its validity, is thereby establishing a government religion. Most government constitutions in the "free world" preclude the establishment of a government religion. Portraying Jews as the exclusive victims of the so-called Holocaust has the effect of deifying the Jewish people.

"The Anti-Defamation League, the Jewish Congress, and many other Jewish organizations are "watchdog groups" around the world, seeking to condemn anyone for any statements that can be twisted into a "Hate Crime," turning people into "criminals" and having them imprisoned. History shows that ever since "Jews" were finally dispersed from the land of Milk and Honey, as promised by their God if they would obey his commandments, they have sought revenge in many countries to where they had migrated, and not assimilated.

"Ever since the Jews invented the libel charge of 'anti-Semitism' in the 1880s (The word 'anti- Semitism' was first printed in 1880.' The Jewish Encyclopedia, Vol. I (1901), p. 641), it has been built up with Jewish money, organizations, propaganda, and lies (such as the Holocaust-Holohoax), so that now the word is like snake venom which paralyzes one's nervous system. Even the mention of the word 'Jew' is shunned unless used in a most favorable and positive context." (Charles A. Weisman, Who is Esau-Edom?, p. 63).

"No Christian, or other public affairs groups have ever made criminal charges against the public vilifying of Jesus Christ by Jews from the time they insisted that the Romans crucify him.. No non-Jewish group has ever taken Menacheim Begin when he made a speech to the Knesset ( the Israeli Parliament) that was published in The New Statesman in June 25, 1982. when he said: "Our race is the master race. We are divine gods on this earth. We are different from the inferior races as they are from insects---other races compare to us as human excrement."

"Neither did any group speak out against Golda Meir, who was Israel's Prime Minister in 1969 when she said: "There is no such thing as a Palestinian people. It is not as if we came and threw them out and took there country. They did not exist." Now, for more than 60 years they have been wiping out the Palestinians, whom she claimed did not exist. (Is not a denial of an ethnic group an act of racism and hate?)"

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 2 of 4  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook