Page 4 of 4  •  Prev 1 2 3 4
Switch to Forum Live View Are there "forbidden topics" people may not talk about?
3 years ago  ::  May 20, 2012 - 10:58AM #31
teilhard

BeliefNet Members come here to Post their Comments, Opinions, and Questions ...

SOME Folks DO seem to want to impose THEIR Ideological Views on everyone else and are very much annoyed when their Philosophical-Political Hegemonial Aspirations go unfulfilled ...

It IS a Big Big World ...

And indeed SOME Folks are snotty-condescending toward Folks who live in *other* Parts of The World ... It has been that way for a very long Time ...

(The Old-Fashioned Imperial "White Man's Burden" seems to have been lately taken up by The "Anarchist-Liberal's Burden," I guess ...)

"Oh !!! What a World, what a World ... !!!"

-- The Wicked Witch of The West

May 19, 2012 -- 9:31AM, Karma_yeshe_dorje wrote:

Here on this World forum, having a world view gets condemned. Providing a viewpoint not endorsed by Fox--is treated like a crime. And knowing geography beyond the gap between LA and NY--is a mark of shame!

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  May 20, 2012 - 9:36PM #32
Karma_yeshe_dorje

Last week I shared a holiday with a book-reviewer. She lamented a US geographer who had incorrectly claimed that this capital was coastal! So preferring to write nice reviews, she had declined to write about his book. Otherwise she would have had to point out that the capital of Australia was separated from the coast--by the Great Dividing Range!

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  May 20, 2012 - 11:36PM #33
teilhard

One WOULD expect a "Geographer" to get the basic Geography FACTS correctly ...

But ... As It is Written, "To err is Human ..."

May 20, 2012 -- 9:36PM, Karma_yeshe_dorje wrote:

Last week I shared a holiday with a book-reviewer. She lamented a US geographer who had incorrectly claimed that this capital was coastal! So preferring to write nice reviews, she had declined to write about his book. Otherwise she would have had to point out that the capital of Australia was separated from the coast--by the Great Dividing Range!

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 4 of 4  •  Prev 1 2 3 4

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook