Switch to Forum Live View Ceasefire fails to slow Syrian refugee ‘exodus’ to Jordan
2 years ago  ::  Apr 15, 2012 - 5:09PM #1
rocketjsquirell
Now why is this no surprise at all and why are non e of our resident humanitarians or much of anyone else talking about the looming human rights and refugee problem?  So resident human rights activists, humanitarians and people of conscience how about it? A little show of support for the Syrian refugees maybe?

Ceasefire fails to slow Syrian refugee ‘exodus’ to Jordan
by Taylor Luck | Agencies | Apr 14,2012 | 23:12

AMMAN — A lull in violence in Syria has failed to slow the ongoing exodus of Syrians to Jordan, with over 3,000 refugees entering the Kingdom since the implementation of a UN-brokered ceasefire on Thursday, security sources and relief agencies say.
. . .
Local charitable societies say they have witnessed a spike in new arrivals since the start of a fragile ceasefire on Thursday, with Al Kitab and Sunna Society reporting the arrival of 1,000 refugees on Saturday alone, which places an increased burden on relief agencies and security forces.  

“Thousands of Syrians entered the country illegally over the last three days, and we only expect this number to increase,” Ziad Hamad, director of Al Kitab and Sunna Society, told The Jordan Times.
. . .
jordantimes.com/Ceasefire+fails+to+slow+...

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 15, 2012 - 9:46PM #2
LeahOne

I dunno 'bout you - but if only one TENTH of the alleged atrocities by Assad's forces actually occurred, I'd be getting my family out of Syria if we had to totter on bloody stumps to crawl across the border.

And a pause in the shelling would only make me want to move *faster*!

I find myself wondering how many of those Syrian refugees will become our new neighbors here in the US?

Let's hope all the 'humanitarians' are not posting because they're busy organizing relief efforts to help those Syrian people get back something like a normal life.

Jordan is not a wealthy country - I hope that people and nations with more resources will help the Jordanians in this effort!

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 15, 2012 - 9:54PM #3
LeahOne

So far, there are over 100,000 refugees from Syria now in Jordan - that is a huge number of people!!!

It should be obvious that something terrible has been going on inside Syria : ((

Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook