Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next
Switch to Forum Live View This Has GOT to be a BAD Joke
2 years ago  ::  Apr 14, 2012 - 8:26PM #1
TENAC
Now this would, imho, be the most unmitigated gall I have ever seen in a public servant.

PLEASE JOE, SAY IT AINT SO.

Read this.

Geeez, at least its not obama.

Biden Earned $21,000 Last Year From the Secret Service

Joe Biden is charging rent to the secret service who are on his property to protect him.

Do I have that right?
Any man can count the seeds in an apple....
.......but only God can count the apples in the seeds.
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 14, 2012 - 9:26PM #2
Find1Answer

www.snopes.com/politics/clintons/landlor...

apparently this type of arrangement has been going on for all sorts of  presidents and ex presidents and is something that happens.      

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 14, 2012 - 9:28PM #3
Unworthyone

Do you know what would happen if the Bidens did not have that cottage on their property available for the Secret Service?  I do.

The SS would have to rent a property nearby at the market value, to house their detail and maintain a presence at the residence.  Chances are, the taxpayers would be on the hook for a lot more if that cottage was not made available to the SS.  There is no scandal here.  Because of the hospitality of the Bidens, they are probably saving the taxpayers at least a grand a month.  Besides that, this expense is built into the budget of protecting the VP.

What do you think it costs the taxpayers when the VP travels?  Did you know it is standard practice to rent out the entire three floors where the VP stays? One floor above, and one below, all in the name of security.  This has been the practice since Ford was president.

Bad joke, indeed.

I never consider a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend.  Thomas Jefferson

Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind.
Albert Einstein

You can get anything you want out of life if you will just help enough other people get what they want. Zig Ziglar

Here's the difference between a capitalist society and a communist society:  Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's the other way around.
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 15, 2012 - 1:35PM #4
TENAC

Its the idea that Biden gets to charge the rent and keep it as income.  Or Clinton, or any ex president.

If anything, it should be a straight pass through.  But since taxpayers are not only paying their salaries, paying for the secret service protection, the idea they can actually "profit" from it is ridiculous.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 15, 2012 - 2:43PM #5
rabello

It's how rich people stay rich, doncha know?

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 15, 2012 - 7:56PM #6
Find1Answer

Apr 15, 2012 -- 2:43PM, rabello wrote:

It's how rich people stay rich, doncha know?

the snopes article I linked used a similar situation with Ronald,  the wonderful, Reagan.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 15, 2012 - 8:21PM #7
Fodaoson

Clinton/W.Bush/ Obama, and by extension Gore/Cheney/Biden /Hillary, haters require no true “facts”. Their hate drives their facts not i.e.  feelings derived from facts.  

“I seldom make the mistake of arguing with people for whose opinions I have no respect.” Edward Gibbon
"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 15, 2012 - 9:43PM #8
TENAC

Apr 15, 2012 -- 8:21PM, Fodaoson wrote:

Clinton/W.Bush/ Obama, and by extension Gore/Cheney/Biden /Hillary, haters require no true “facts”. Their hate drives their facts not i.e.  feelings derived from facts.  

Because everybody does it, that makes it right?

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 17, 2012 - 10:51AM #9
Unworthyone

Apr 15, 2012 -- 9:43PM, TENAC wrote:

Apr 15, 2012 -- 8:21PM, Fodaoson wrote:

Because everybody does it, that makes it right?

TENAC, do you think you just discovered something, perhaps something that no one else ever knew? 

NEWS FlASH!  It's expensive to protect the president, VP, and former executives.

And I can guarantee you the discussion did not sound like this: "Well, fellas, you're welcome to stay in our guest house out back for the next four years ... of course, we'll have to work out some sort of rental agreement ... security deposit ... first and last ... all that. and uh ... no pets!"

I'll bet you were all over the reports that the Clinton staffers 'vandalized' the west wing before they left.

It turns out all they did was remove the "W" from all the computer keyboards.  LMAO!

I never consider a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend.  Thomas Jefferson

Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind.
Albert Einstein

You can get anything you want out of life if you will just help enough other people get what they want. Zig Ziglar

Here's the difference between a capitalist society and a communist society:  Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's the other way around.
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 17, 2012 - 12:12PM #10
Fodaoson

The Secret Service is mandated to protect the life and person of the President (and other officials). In order to adequately   do so require near proximity at all times.   Four sitting President have been  assassinated while in office, two other wounded by gunshot  and  assassination attempts  on  20 others. 

I will repeat   what I posted earlier; not because it is an attempt to say “everybody does it so it is all right” because it does not even slightly suggest that.  The post says and means exactly what it states.

Clinton/G.W. Bush/ Obama, and by extension Gore/Cheney/Biden /Hillary, haters require no true “facts”. Their hate drives their facts not, i.e., Feelings derived from facts.   

“I seldom make the mistake of arguing with people for whose opinions I have no respect.” Edward Gibbon
"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook