Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next
Switch to Forum Live View Another First for obama
3 years ago  ::  Apr 14, 2012 - 4:46PM #1
TENAC

I dont every recall the Secret Service being let to run so loose.

But there are a lot of 1st's with this administration.

I am sure, somewhere, somehow this is GBush's fault.

Moderated by rangerken on Apr 15, 2012 - 12:15AM
Any man can count the seeds in an apple....
.......but only God can count the apples in the seeds.
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 14, 2012 - 7:29PM #2
Unworthyone

Your thread title suggests this is Obama's fault.  How is he responsible for the irresponsible behavior of some government employees he has probably never even met?  Remember, the article clearly states the guys involved are not on the personal presidential detail.

But let's hope we can really make some hay out of this.  Perhaps a special prosecutor ought to be appointed with the specific charge of asking the question, "What did Obama know, and when did he know it?"  Let's hold committee hearings and subpena every member of the administration from now until November.  And if the president objects in any way, we can charge "Just what is the president hiding?"

This could be just the scandal the republicans need to divert attention away from the clown car.

This could be better than Monica Lewinski and Valerie Plane combined!

I never consider a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend.  Thomas Jefferson

Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind.
Albert Einstein

You can get anything you want out of life if you will just help enough other people get what they want. Zig Ziglar

http://www.nytimes.com/1991/03/29/opinion/why-i-m-for-the-brady-bill.html
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 14, 2012 - 7:58PM #3
TENAC

Apr 14, 2012 -- 7:29PM, Unworthyone wrote:

Your thread title suggests this is Obama's fault.  How is he responsible for the irresponsible behavior of some government employees he has probably never even met?  Remember, the article clearly states the guys involved are not on the personal presidential detail.

But let's hope we can really make some hay out of this.  Perhaps a special prosecutor ought to be appointed with the specific charge of asking the question, "What did Obama know, and when did he know it?"  Let's hold committee hearings and subpena every member of the administration from now until November.  And if the president objects in any way, we can charge "Just what is the president hiding?"

This could be just the scandal the republicans need to divert attention away from the clown car.

This could be better than Monica Lewinski and Valerie Plane combined!

Certainly its obama's fault.

This never happened under another administration.  His watch.

Like we never had our credit rating reduced under any other admnistration.  obama has many firsts to his credit.

I would have expected this under a Clinton administration, given the top fishes lack of restraint, but this just shows how loose the admnistration is when it comes to dignity and detail.

Looks like it might extend on to obama's military.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 14, 2012 - 9:11PM #4
Find1Answer

Did you actually read the article?     Some secret service guys went to some prostitutes.   The Salahis broke into the a white house state dinner.     Mary Cheney,  adult daughter of Dick,  gosh did not know adult children were protected but whatever,    Mary expected agents to take friends to restaurants,  glorified taxi cab drivers.   They refused so she got another detail.    Who knows what excesses that administration and others have pulled off.      I guess the secret service is not as pristine or as perfect machine like in the movies.   I donno maybe all the money from the cost cutting corners is going to blackwater to handle private security for the State dept,    a practice that started with the not so distant administration that we are not supposed to mention but hey,  Mary Cheney was mentioned so I guess CBS did not get the memo.

I recall that MMS   the guys that were supposed to monitor offshore drilling in the Gulf were caught with widespread corruption.    something about cocaine fueled orgies with industry they were supposed to monitor.    MMS as a method of doing business let industry write the reports.    Bush found out about the parties and he did clean up that mess but he did not change their practices.    Salazar came in and fixed that.     

What is the crack about the military?    

Moderated by rangerken on Apr 15, 2012 - 12:16AM
Bush's "de-Bathification program" eliminated all vestiges of Sunni power in Iraqi society and set the stage for the Sunni insurrection against American occupation and the new Shiite-led government. Bush disbanded the entire Sunni-dominated Iraqi Army and bureaucracy. He didn't change it. He didn't make it more inclusive of Shiites and Kurds. He just disbanded it. It is no accident that two of the top commanders of today's ISIL are former commanders in the Saddam-era Iraqi military.
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 15, 2012 - 1:38PM #5
TENAC

Apr 14, 2012 -- 9:11PM, Find1Answer wrote:

Did you actually read the article?     Some secret service guys went to some prostitutes.   The Salahis broke into the a white house state dinner.     Mary Cheney,  adult daughter of Dick,  gosh did not know adult children were protected but whatever,    Mary expected agents to take friends to restaurants,  glorified taxi cab drivers.   They refused so she got another detail.    Who knows what excesses that administration and others have pulled off.      I guess the secret service is not as pristine or as perfect machine like in the movies.   I donno maybe all the money from the cost cutting corners is going to blackwater to handle private security for the State dept,    a practice that started with the not so distant administration that we are not supposed to mention but hey,  Mary Cheney was mentioned so I guess CBS did not get the memo.

I recall that MMS   the guys that were supposed to monitor offshore drilling in the Gulf were caught with widespread corruption.    something about cocaine fueled orgies with industry they were supposed to monitor.    MMS as a method of doing business let industry write the reports.    Bush found out about the parties and he did clean up that mess but he did not change their practices.    Salazar came in and fixed that.     

GBush will ast some point be held accountable for the tornados yesterday.

So absolutely this is obama's gig.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 15, 2012 - 7:54PM #6
Find1Answer

Apr 15, 2012 -- 1:38PM, TENAC wrote:

This is not a first.     That this particular incidence happened under the Obama administration is not in doubt.     but then you say under your recollection,  so that is not saying much at all.    These things happen.    I will repeat this is not a First.     Nothing was said about the tornadoes yesterday.   My sister lives in Kansas so joking about the tornadoes is not very funny.  and her husband is retired State dept security so I know that this is not a first.    I asked about it when I checked on them last night.

Bush's "de-Bathification program" eliminated all vestiges of Sunni power in Iraqi society and set the stage for the Sunni insurrection against American occupation and the new Shiite-led government. Bush disbanded the entire Sunni-dominated Iraqi Army and bureaucracy. He didn't change it. He didn't make it more inclusive of Shiites and Kurds. He just disbanded it. It is no accident that two of the top commanders of today's ISIL are former commanders in the Saddam-era Iraqi military.
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 16, 2012 - 10:23AM #7
SecondSonOfDavid

This kind of article could actually help President Obama get re-elected.  Here's why:

Most people who vote in the U.S. have a general idea of their idealogy.  You've got Republicans, Democrats, Conservatives, Liberals, Libertarians, New-Agists, Environmentalists, Fiscal Sanatists, and so on.  Despite the idea that we have a two-party system, that system also funnels the various interests into broad coalitions which more or less hang together in the belief  that this advances their interests more than the alternative.  This is why the Clinton supporters still voted for Obama in 2008; it was still better to vote for a despised rival who was in their own party than to support the GOP nominee, they believed.  

In years where the election is likely to be close, both parties pursue the "independents", which group includes anyone who has not declared affiliation for that election.  And voter anger is a big motivator.  This year seems to fit that bill.  Thing is, people do not like the sense that they are being conned into a decision.  This year a lot of folks will be paying close attention to the economy, unemployment, the deficit, and so on.  They will care about constitutional issues and personal rights.  What a Secret Service agent or a few do, is not something most folks will give two thoughts to, except that is someone tries to blow it up into a scandal it will provoke a backlash.

That which does not kill me, will try again and get nastier.
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 16, 2012 - 10:50AM #8
TENAC

Apr 15, 2012 -- 7:54PM, Find1Answer wrote:

Apr 15, 2012 -- 1:38PM, TENAC wrote:

This is not a first.     That this particular incidence happened under the Obama administration is not in doubt.     but then you say under your recollection,  so that is not saying much at all.    These things happen.    I will repeat this is not a First.     Nothing was said about the tornadoes yesterday.   My sister lives in Kansas so joking about the tornadoes is not very funny.  and her husband is retired State dept security so I know that this is not a first.    I asked about it when I checked on them last night.

Have you got a link to something where the Secret Service was involved in something so low?

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 16, 2012 - 11:57AM #9
Find1Answer

Emmett, who is also a former Marine,  said that in his experience on dozens of foreign advance trips to establish security ahead of the president "things do occur on the road."

"But as far as something like this, nothing in my time," he said.

and according to my bil lots of boneheaded things happen in the field.   sometimes they are demoted or run off and sometimes it is covered up.    My point is I highly doubt that this is a FIRST.  which is your claim.  you should hear his stories about Bush's trip to Australia,  things got so bad he took a quick trip to the outer reaches because he said it was out of control with the guys that traveled there from the states.    He was security head there at the time and he was countermanded.   Besides  the secret service is made up of career officers,    Obama did not change their longstanding rules and regs and you are being silly suggesting that the Secret Service lowered their standards just because Obama came in.     think    

news.yahoo.com/secret-veteran-dismisses-...

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 16, 2012 - 12:27PM #10
Mostyn32

TENAC, in what way is Obama responsible for the irresponsible behaviour of American government employees in a foreign country? Is he supposed to be in charge of their moral behaviour? If anyone suggested that the President of the United States has the right to control the behaviour of people he doesn't even know, you'd be the first one to howl!

Your anti-Obama posts are getting more and more ridiculous. 

"God is no captious sophister, eager to trip us up whenever we say amiss, but a courteous tutor, ready to amend what, in our weakness or our ignorance, we say ill, and to make the most of what we say aright."  from 'A Learned Discourse on Justification', a sermon by Richard Hooker (1554-1600).
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook