Page 1 of 8  •  1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 8 Next
Switch to Forum Live View USDA Admits You May Be Eating Cloned Animal Meat
3 years ago  ::  Apr 13, 2012 - 10:53PM #1
Father_Oblivion

The US Secretary of Agriculture and head of the USDA, Tom Vilsack, admitted that the agency cannot determine whether or not cloned meat has been sold in the US. In response to their ignorance, the USDA has decided to tell the American public that cloned meat is safe for consumption. Vilsack remarked that cloned meat has no “substantial difference to actual animal meat, and therefore it is safe. Strange reasoning.

This development is interesting considering the USDA will not allow meat producers to distribute or sell cloned meat.

occupycorporatism.com/usda-admits-you-ma...

We already have GMO vegetables that not only fail to provide genuine nutrition, but also may cause organ failure and damage to human DNA and rBGH that through its growth promotion has caused nine year old girls to have full breasts and increased agression among both boys and girls.

I simply don't know what to say to people who would allow this to happen to their own progeny in the name of making a freakin' dollar. I just don't know what to say. 

The important thing to remember about American history is that it is fictional, a charcoal-sketched simplicity for the children or the easily bored. For the most part it is uninspected, unimagined, unthought, a representative of the thing and not the thing itself. It is a fine fiction...
Neil Gaiman
'American Gods'

‎"Ignorance of ignorance, then, is that self-satisfied state of unawareness in which man, knowing nothing outside the limited area of his physical senses, bumptiously declares there is nothing more to know! He who knows no life save the physical is merely ignorant; but he who declares physical life to be all-important and elevates it to the position of supreme reality--such a one is ignorant of his own ignorance."
- Manly Palmer Hall
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 13, 2012 - 10:58PM #2
Find1Answer

Monsanto has threatened to sue the entire state of Vermont because they were contemplating a bill that required GMO foods to be labeled.     Vermont has backed down while they consider the  threatened lawsuit.     What about state rights here?   where is the hue and cry?    Monsanto is scared shitless over labels.     I don't recollect electing Monsanto to office or approving the revolving door of corporate heads running our regulatory agencies but that is how it works.    Vilsack as far as I am concerned is the worst person in the world.    He deregulated round up ready seed stock and used Monsanto's own self serving studies for his creveat.       

Bush's "de-Bathification program" eliminated all vestiges of Sunni power in Iraqi society and set the stage for the Sunni insurrection against American occupation and the new Shiite-led government. Bush disbanded the entire Sunni-dominated Iraqi Army and bureaucracy. He didn't change it. He didn't make it more inclusive of Shiites and Kurds. He just disbanded it. It is no accident that two of the top commanders of today's ISIL are former commanders in the Saddam-era Iraqi military.
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 13, 2012 - 11:02PM #3
k-bearsmom

Good grief! ! ! !....NOTHING is sacred...everything is going to hell and it's ALL the Reps-Conserves-Wingos-Bushes fault.

Do ANY of y'all EVER read any GOOD news?

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 13, 2012 - 11:06PM #4
Find1Answer

Apr 13, 2012 -- 11:02PM, k-bearsmom wrote:

Good grief! ! ! !....NOTHING is sacred...everything is going to hell and it's ALL the Reps-Conserves-Wingos-Bushes fault.

run on down to Wally world and eat your cloned meats and your feces fed chickens and eat your gmo sweet corn if you have a mind to.      or else read the OP.  It is Vilsack,   Obama's appointed USDA chief that has swept away any regulation on this.    aren't there any good news forums you can visit if you don't like this one?

p.s.   Bush was not mentioned.

Bush's "de-Bathification program" eliminated all vestiges of Sunni power in Iraqi society and set the stage for the Sunni insurrection against American occupation and the new Shiite-led government. Bush disbanded the entire Sunni-dominated Iraqi Army and bureaucracy. He didn't change it. He didn't make it more inclusive of Shiites and Kurds. He just disbanded it. It is no accident that two of the top commanders of today's ISIL are former commanders in the Saddam-era Iraqi military.
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 13, 2012 - 11:11PM #5
k-bearsmom

Oh Find....I'm sorry, but sooner or later this was going to be put on the Reps and you know it!

I'm a vegatarian who CAN shop the organic stores....but I DO ask a blessing over everything that I eat.

And again...I apologise... it's just that is such a superfluousity of BAD news here.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 13, 2012 - 11:21PM #6
Father_Oblivion

Apr 13, 2012 -- 11:02PM, k-bearsmom wrote:

I am a Conservative and I am opposed to this. Why do you insist on vilifying Conservatives withy no evidence whatsoever?

The important thing to remember about American history is that it is fictional, a charcoal-sketched simplicity for the children or the easily bored. For the most part it is uninspected, unimagined, unthought, a representative of the thing and not the thing itself. It is a fine fiction...
Neil Gaiman
'American Gods'

‎"Ignorance of ignorance, then, is that self-satisfied state of unawareness in which man, knowing nothing outside the limited area of his physical senses, bumptiously declares there is nothing more to know! He who knows no life save the physical is merely ignorant; but he who declares physical life to be all-important and elevates it to the position of supreme reality--such a one is ignorant of his own ignorance."
- Manly Palmer Hall
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 13, 2012 - 11:28PM #7
k-bearsmom

Oh sheeesh!...I'm a conservative also Father O....I'm sorry that after all these years you did'nt know this!  I said what I said because...here....at USN&P ,without fail....bad things get blamed on 'us'!

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 13, 2012 - 11:30PM #8
teilhard

***This is NONSENSE ...

Apr 13, 2012 -- 10:53PM, Father_Oblivion wrote:

The US Secretary of Agriculture and head of the USDA, Tom Vilsack, admitted that the agency cannot determine whether or not cloned meat has been sold in the US. In response to their ignorance, the USDA has decided to tell the American public that cloned meat is safe for consumption. Vilsack remarked that cloned meat has no “substantial difference to actual animal meat, and therefore it is safe. Strange reasoning.

This development is interesting considering the USDA will not allow meat producers to distribute or sell cloned meat.

occupycorporatism.com/usda-admits-you-ma...

***We already have GMO vegetables that not only fail to provide genuine nutrition, but also may cause organ failure and damage to human DNA and rBGH that through its growth promotion has caused nine year old girls to have full breasts and increased agression among both boys and girls.

I simply don't know what to say to people who would allow this to happen to their own progeny in the name of making a freakin' dollar. I just don't know what to say. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 13, 2012 - 11:38PM #9
mainecaptain

Apr 13, 2012 -- 11:11PM, k-bearsmom wrote:

Oh Find....I'm sorry, but sooner or later this was going to be put on the Reps and you know it!

I'm a vegatarian who CAN shop the organic stores....but I DO ask a blessing over everything that I eat.

And again...I apologise... it's just that is such a superfluousity of BAD news here.

Well we know the right wing has to blame Obama. As if this were not happening before Obama took office. I seriously doubt this is only something happening in the last three years, yeah right.

And yes President Obama has only been president for three years. Monsanto has been around a very long time and has much too much power.

A tyrant must put on the appearance of uncommon devotion to religion. Subjects are less apprehensive of illegal treatment from a ruler whom they consider god-fearing and pious. On the other hand, they do less easily move against him, believing that he has the gods on his side. Aristotle
Never discourage anyone...who continually makes progress, no matter how slow. Plato..
"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives" Jackie Robinson
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 14, 2012 - 1:37AM #10
Fodaoson

Apr 13, 2012 -- 10:58PM, Find1Answer wrote:

Monsanto has threatened to sue the entire state of Vermont because they were contemplating a bill that required GMO foods to be labeled.     Vermont has backed down while they consider the  threatened lawsuit.     What about state rights here?   where is the hue and cry?    Monsanto is scared shitless over labels.     I don't recollect electing Monsanto to office or approving the revolving door of corporate heads running our regulatory agencies but that is how it works.    Vilsack as far as I am concerned is the worst person in the world.    He deregulated round up ready seed stock and used Monsanto's own self serving studies for his creveat.       

“The US Secretary of Agriculture and head of the USDA”     USDA   United
States Department of Agriculture. The Head of  Department is the Secretary of whatever, Secretery of Defense is head of DOD, Secretary of  States is Head of State Department, etc.

Redundant beginning sentence and a cloned propaganda repeated and  news.  We a have been   consuming artificially inseminated animals for over half a century and cloning is still to expensive for extensive beef production.  Cloned meat is as safe as any meat. 

“I seldom make the mistake of arguing with people for whose opinions I have no respect.” Edward Gibbon
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 8  •  1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 8 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook