Page 3 of 4  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 Next
Switch to Forum Live View Abbas admits sending terrorists to kill Israelis
3 years ago  ::  Apr 14, 2012 - 6:59PM #21
SherriMunnerlyn

Who is Btselem?

"B'TSELEM - The Israeli Information Center for Human Rights in the Occupied Territories was established in 1989 by a group of prominent academics, attorneys, journalists, and Knesset members. It endeavors to document and educate the Israeli public and policymakers about human rights violations in the Occupied Territories, combat the phenomenon of denial prevalent among the Israeli public, and help create a human rights culture in Israel.

B'Tselem in Hebrew literally means "in the image of," and is also used as a synonym for human dignity. The word is taken from Genesis 1:27 "And God created humans in his image. In the image of God did He create him." It is in this spirit that the first article of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights states that "All human beings are born equal in dignity and rights."

As an Israeli human rights organization, B'Tselem acts primarily to change Israeli policy in the Occupied Territories and ensure that its government, which rules the Occupied Territories, protects the human rights of residents there and complies with its obligations under international law.

B'Tselem is independent and is funded by contributions from foundations in Europe and North America that support human rights activity worldwide, and by private individuals in Israel and abroad.

B'Tselem has attained a prominent place among human rights organizations. In December, 1989 it received the Carter-Menil Award for Human Rights. Its reports have gained B'Tselem a reputation for accuracy, and the Israeli authorities relate to them seriously. B'Tselem ensures the reliability of information it publishes by conducting its own fieldwork and research, the results of which are thoroughly cross-checked with relevant documents, official government sources, and information from other sources, among them Israeli, Palestinian, and other human rights organizations."

www.btselem.org/about_btselem

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 14, 2012 - 10:31PM #22
LeahOne

I'm sorry that you didn't understand what I posted to you about the GC and the US Government.  You appear to misunderstand the place of treaties in US law:  they are *granted* a status of assumed equality with the Constitution - but they can never be held ABOVE the Constitution.

The real topic however, is Abbas and his admission that he has ordered his people to murder Israeli civilians.  And children. 

Moderated by rangerken on Apr 14, 2012 - 11:52PM
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 14, 2012 - 11:54PM #23
rangerken

A series of off topic postsd by several members was removed. Please stay on the thread topic, which is clerrly stated in the thread title, and opening post.

Rangerken

Libertarian, Conservative, Life member of the NRA and VFW
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 15, 2012 - 5:37AM #24
SherriMunnerlyn

Apr 13, 2012 -- 10:39AM, rocketjsquirell wrote:

Abbas admits sending terrorists to kill Israelis

Abbas: "I demand [the release of] prisoners because they are human beings, who did what we, we, ordered them to do. We, the Authority. They should not be punished while we sit at one table negotiating. This is war. One (Israel) ordered a soldier to kill, and I ordered my son, brother, or others, to carry out the duty of resistance (euphemism for terror). This person killed and the other person killed. So why say this person's hands are stained with blood, and [he] must be kept in prison?"
www.youtube.com/watch?v=wNf2SVRfpYk

I think this should end any arguments that the PA is not a terrorist organization and I think it puts the lie to the idea that the PA is only invloved in "peaceful resistence"  Don't you?

rocket,

We are relying on a  translation by an Israeli propaganda site, so none of us can know if Abbas is saying what we are told he is saying in this video. The parenthetical words raise unanswered questions, it looks like words were added to what he was saying, as people do not normally speak in parentheticals.  But assuming he is basically saying what is written as a translation, with the unanswered questions mysteries we can not solve,  I think there is a lot of truth in his words. In this Israeli Occupation of Palestine, the Occupiers kill with impunity and the Occupied who kill resisting Occupation are labelled terrorists. I call that hypocrisy. Btselem keeps up with fatalaties, and they tell us all that most of the people being killed in this conflict are Palestinians and most of them are being killed by Israel. For example, in the military operation Cast Lead Israel  killed 759 Palestinians who were not participants in the hostilities, these were civilains unlawfully killed/murdered by Israel under intl law.

Over 8000 Palestinians have been killed by Israel since the First Intifada began, all documented on Btselem. Over half were civilians unlawfully killed. In the past 10 years, Palestinian rockets have only killed a few dozen Israelis. Suicide bombings, which began as a response to Israel's targeted assassinations,  stopped years ago. It is Israel doing most of the unlawful killing/murdering, while carrying out acts of terror against civilians in Palestine. And it is Israel's very own Israeli  human rights group, Btselem, who documents all of this, shouting to the world, crying out to God,  the truth about Israel's Occupation in Palestine.

www.btselem.org/statistics

Sherri

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 15, 2012 - 9:02AM #25
LeahOne

Apr 14, 2012 -- 9:20AM, Dostojevsky wrote:

Apr 13, 2012 -- 10:39AM, rocketjsquirell wrote:

Abbas admits sending terrorists to kill Israelis

Abbas: "I demand [the release of] prisoners because they are human beings, who did what we, we, ordered them to do. We, the Authority. They should not be punished while we sit at one table negotiating. This is war. One (Israel) ordered a soldier to kill, and I ordered my son, brother, or others, to carry out the duty of resistance (euphemism for terror). This person killed and the other person killed. So why say this person's hands are stained with blood, and [he] must be kept in prison?"
www.youtube.com/watch?v=wNf2SVRfpYk

I think this should end any arguments that the PA is not a terrorist organization and I think it puts the lie to the idea that the PA is only invloved in "peaceful resistence"  Don't you?

No argument whatsoever, now we wait for Israel to admit they are also

sending terrorists to kill Palestinians.

Sionce the Israelis are not sending groups of people into PA-controlled territory to murder children in front of their parents like the PA "fighters" have done - Israel has no such activities to "admit" to. 

While the Israelis DO seem to have engaged in acts of 'targeted assassinations' - that is not 'targeting' the Palestinian population, but only certain individuals who have already murdered Israeli citizens.  Such as the murderers of the Olympic atheletes in Munich.

None of us Americans knows for certain that our own government has never done any such thing - the 'drone strikes' suggest that we have.  But what Abbas is admitting to is a completely different situation.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 16, 2012 - 5:48AM #26
Dostojevsky

Quote:

"Sionce the Israelis are not sending groups of people into PA-controlled territory to murder children in front of their parents like the PA "fighters" have done - Israel has no such activities to "admit" to."

No 'such' but there are many other 'activities'.

From Press TV -

About 500 patients in Gaza have died due to lack of medicines or their inability to seek treatment outside the blockaded Palestinian territory since 2006, our correspondent reports.
On April 7, Hamas Health Minister Basem Naeem called on the international community to “stop sitting idle and to intervene to help end the suffering of the people of Gaza.”

The Israeli regime persistently denies over 1.5 million people in the besieged enclave their basic rights, including the freedom of movement and the right to decent living, work, health and education.

It also appears Israel is a democracy only as far as you support Israel, you are not welcome if you support Palestinians.

iFrame Removed

Israeli police have arrested 40 pro-Palestinian activists from the “Welcome to Palestine 2012” campaign at Ben Gurion Airport in Tel Aviv.

On Sunday, 33 French nationals, two Spanish activists, two Italians, one Swiss, one Canadian and one Portuguese were arrested by Israeli police.
Israel deployed hundreds of police forces at the airport to stop activists from entering the occupied Palestinian territories.
Meanwhile, major European airlines cancelled scores of tickets for passengers heading for Palestine following heavy Israeli pressure.
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 16, 2012 - 7:59AM #27
SherriMunnerlyn

Apr 14, 2012 -- 10:31PM, LeahOne wrote:

I'm sorry that you didn't understand what I posted to you about the GC and the US Government.  You appear to misunderstand the place of treaties in US law:  they are *granted* a status of assumed equality with the Constitution - but they can never be held ABOVE the Constitution.

The real topic however, is Abbas and his admission that he has ordered his people to murder Israeli civilians.  And children. 

Leah,

Treaties are the Supreme Law of the land.

And the topic of the thread is a video of Abbas, his words  translated for us by an Israeli propaganda group, on You Tube, in a video post.

Sherri

Moderated by rangerken on Apr 16, 2012 - 01:13PM
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 16, 2012 - 8:47AM #28
LeahOne

Dos, Press TV = Iranian propaganda.

Of course, if Russians are your heroes, then Press TV is a good choice.

But if one wishes any kind of accuracy, not so good.

Since Iran has been fingered several times as being a 'player' in the same game as Abbas and purportedly Israel - they have credibility here WHY?

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 16, 2012 - 9:07AM #29
LeahOne

"Treaties are the Supreme Law of the land, and The US Constitution does not contradict it or sanction the........"

Sherri, please explain just where in the Constitution it says so?  This certainly seems exactly *backwards* ......... ????

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 16, 2012 - 9:13AM #30
LeahOne

And, speaking of MISQUOTING, Arutz Sheva's report actually reads:

"The popular YouTube site has shut down the Palestinian Media Watch account due to the venom shown on PA videos the watchdog group exposes."

IOW, the 'hate speech' is within the PA TV videos, and the translation is accurate.  Thanks for bringing the latest in sleazy tactics from HAMAS propagandists and apologists to our attention, Sherri!

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 3 of 4  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook