Page 1 of 4  •  1 2 3 4 Next
Switch to Forum Live View Abbas admits sending terrorists to kill Israelis
2 years ago  ::  Apr 13, 2012 - 10:39AM #1
rocketjsquirell
Abbas admits sending terrorists to kill Israelis

Abbas: "I demand [the release of] prisoners because they are human beings, who did what we, we, ordered them to do. We, the Authority. They should not be punished while we sit at one table negotiating. This is war. One (Israel) ordered a soldier to kill, and I ordered my son, brother, or others, to carry out the duty of resistance (euphemism for terror). This person killed and the other person killed. So why say this person's hands are stained with blood, and [he] must be kept in prison?"
www.youtube.com/watch?v=wNf2SVRfpYk

I think this should end any arguments that the PA is not a terrorist organization and I think it puts the lie to the idea that the PA is only invloved in "peaceful resistence"  Don't you?
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 13, 2012 - 11:51AM #2
LeahOne

I also think there's no 'justification' in whining about 'targeted assassinations' by Israel against the directors of terrorism against Israel.   It seems clear that the Israelis chose 'targets' only *after* any of them had painted a bulls-eye on the collective Israeli population - including Arab/Muslim residents and guests from wherever.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 13, 2012 - 3:47PM #3
Roodog

What??!!

Abbas was caught in a TRUTH???SurprisedSurprisedSurprised

For those who have faith, no explanation is neccessary.
For those who have no faith, no explanation is possible.

St. Thomas Aquinas

If one turns his ear from hearing the Law, even his prayer is an abomination. Proverbs 28:9
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 13, 2012 - 4:45PM #4
Shusha

Interesting.  He is on the one hand acknowledging that those men, women and children are soldiers in a war and just obeying orders (ie combatants) while on the other hand professing that they are innocent.  Not sure how that comes together for him.

But it clearly states his position.  "This is war".  Obviously, negotiation has no place in war until one side sees its loss as the inevitable outcome and decides to surrender and take the scraps. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 13, 2012 - 10:00PM #5
SherriMunnerlyn

Apr 13, 2012 -- 10:39AM, rocketjsquirell wrote:

Abbas: "I demand [the release of] prisoners because they are human beings, who did what we, we, ordered them to do. We, the Authority. They should not be punished while we sit at one table negotiating. This is war. One (Israel) ordered a soldier to kill, and I ordered my son, brother, or others, to carry out the duty of resistance (euphemism for terror). This person killed and the other person killed. So why say this person's hands are stained with blood, and [he] must be kept in prison?"

I think this should end any arguments that the PA is not a terrorist organization and I think it puts the lie to the idea that the PA is only invloved in "peaceful resistence"  Don't you?

rocket,

Words of truth are being said here, I am not surprised at your continuing denial and opposition to truth. But it really does not matter what we think about truth, you or I or anyone else, it will always be brought into the light, the light of day.

Reality is this, resistance to Occupation is lawful under intl law. And that resistance can be armed resistance or nonviolent resistance.

None of the Palestinian prisoners, all unlawfully detained in captivity outside of the OPT, have done anything combatants on the other side have not also done, and that it is what Abbas addressed in his words of truth that some people seem to have so much difficulty accepting.

I applaud and admire Abbas for his courage to speak truth here.

Sherri

Moderated by Stardove on Apr 14, 2012 - 01:53PM
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 13, 2012 - 10:44PM #6
rangerken

Apr 13, 2012 -- 10:00PM, SherriMunnerlyn wrote:

rocket,

Words of truth are being said here, I am not surprised at your continuing denial and opposition to truth. But it really does not matter what we think about truth, you or I or anyone else, it will always be brought into the light, the light of day.

Reality is this, resistance to Occupation is lawful under intl law. And that resistance can be armed resistance or nonviolent resistance.

None of the Palestinian prisoners, all unlawfully detained in captivity outside of the OPT, have done anything combatants on the other side have not also done, and that it is what Abbas addressed in his words of truth that some people seem to have so much difficulty accepting.

Sherri

Sorry Sherri, but the PA condemns itself. And that means that Israel does not have anyone to seriously negotiate with. And that is entirely the fault of the Palestinian leadership.

Ken

Edit: quote only

Moderated by Stardove on Apr 14, 2012 - 01:54PM
Libertarian, Conservative, Life member of the NRA and VFW
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 13, 2012 - 11:12PM #7
SherriMunnerlyn

Apr 13, 2012 -- 10:44PM, rangerken wrote:

rocket,

Sherri

Sorry Sherri, but the PA condemns itself. And that means that Israel does not have anyone to seriously negotiate with. And that is entirely the fault of the Palestinian leadership.

Ken

Ken,

Obviously, I have my truth and you have yours.

What you see here I do not see at all.

Sherri

Moderated by Stardove on Apr 14, 2012 - 01:56PM
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 13, 2012 - 11:20PM #8
rangerken

Apr 13, 2012 -- 11:12PM, SherriMunnerlyn wrote:

Apr 13, 2012 -- 10:44PM, rangerken wrote:

rocket,

Sherri

Ken

Ken,

Obviously, I have my truth and you have yours.

What you see here I do not see at all.

Sherri

That's a true statment, Sherri. We two are far apart in our perspectives. While I don't agree with you saying that we each have different 'truths' I will agree that we look at the same data and come to very different conclusions.

Ken

Edit: quote only

Moderated by Stardove on Apr 14, 2012 - 02:09PM
Libertarian, Conservative, Life member of the NRA and VFW
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 14, 2012 - 1:53AM #9
habesor

Sherri,

You mentioned international law when you wrote:

"Reality is this, resistance to Occupation is lawful under intl law. And that resistance can be armed resistance or nonviolent resistance.

None of the Palestinian prisoners, all unlawfully detained in captivity outside of the OPT, have done anything combatants on the other side have not also done, and that it is what Abbas addressed in his words of truth that some people seem to have so much difficulty accepting." 

Sherri, can someone engaged in resistance to occupation commit murder or, are all actions of those resisting occupation, legal according to international law. (Hint: Before answering that question, you might want to refresh your memory by re-reading the Fourth Geneva Convention.)

Of course, you don't have to answer that question.

Habesor

Habesor
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 14, 2012 - 8:38AM #10
SherriMunnerlyn

Apr 14, 2012 -- 1:53AM, habesor wrote:

Sherri,

You mentioned international law when you wrote:

"Reality is this, resistance to Occupation is lawful under intl law. And that resistance can be armed resistance or nonviolent resistance.

None of the Palestinian prisoners, all unlawfully detained in captivity outside of the OPT, have done anything combatants on the other side have not also done, and that it is what Abbas addressed in his words of truth that some people seem to have so much difficulty accepting." 

Sherri, can someone engaged in resistance to occupation commit murder or, are all actions of those resisting occupation, legal according to international law. (Hint: Before answering that question, you might want to refresh your memory by re-reading the Fourth Geneva Convention.)

Of course, you don't have to answer that question.

Habesor

Habesor,

What is murder? Unlawful killings are murder, I think most would agree about that. Intl law says when persons are killed who are not participating in the conflict they are wrongly and unlawfully killed, they are murdered. Civilians are not proper targets. Btslem details all who are killed in this conflict and identifies those wrongly killed, and the majority of those victims of murders are Palestinians, not Israelis.  See Btselem website.

Another thing, I did not state that unlawful killings under intl law are legitimate acts. They are equally objectionable and wrong, whichever side engages in such unlawful killings. Israel simply is the one doing, by far, the biggest part of the killing activity, as we all can read for ourselves, by simply reviewing Btselm's casualty tables.

Sherri

Moderated by Stardove on Apr 14, 2012 - 02:12PM
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 4  •  1 2 3 4 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook