Page 1 of 7  •  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next
Switch to Forum Live View
Locked: If You Want To Talk About Women's Little Issues Talk To "my wife!"
2 years ago  ::  Apr 12, 2012 - 4:21PM #1
voice-crying
That attitude is puzzling. So I needed to know why!

The way Mitt dismisses any mention of women's issues, caused me to look up his beliefs when it comes to a woman's place in the world.  www.exmormon.org/mormwomn.htm 

In my opinion Mitt Romney thinks women are second class citizens. He should be forced to seek a woman to be his VP (running mate).

I don't think he'll do it because it would be against his "religion." What say you?   
"Death and life [are] in the power of the tongue: and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof."Proverbs 18:21
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 12, 2012 - 4:33PM #2
Ironhold

Longaker's full of it; I debunked her two years ago. (note: it's hosted at DeviantArt, so you'll need a good ad-blocker due to some security breaches)

Always make the church websites - www.mormon.org and www.lds.org - your first stops if you want to know what the LDS faith actually teaches.

A lot of your anti-Mormons have actually been caught lying to people about what the LDS faith believes.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 12, 2012 - 4:50PM #3
withwonderingawe

So ya go to an anti Mormon to find out about Mormons??

I’m sorry but this whole thing is hilarious;

“… and boys are never taught to clean up after themselves, since when their mothers stop doing it for them, their wives will take over the job….”

Really?

Let’s see

“Many Mormon men in their late teens choose to go on a mission for the church, to preach the gospel in a foreign land….”

Who do ya think cleans their apartments?

For reals; my hubby just came out of our foster son’s bedroom with a swifter mop, thank the Lord for his good Mormon mom.

Wise men still seek him.
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 12, 2012 - 4:51PM #4
withwonderingawe

Iron

did you pick up your dirty socks? 

Wise men still seek him.
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 12, 2012 - 5:16PM #5
withwonderingawe

This was a preplanned attack on Ann Romney

Obama to a woman’s conference last week;

“Once I was in the state legislature, I was teaching, I was practicing law, I'd be traveling,” he said. “And we didn't have the luxury for her not to work.”

A few days later;
Hilary Rosen; “His wife has actually never worked a day in her life.”

Ann is an effective campaigner and they were trying to take her out by claiming she could not talk for women.

Wise men still seek him.
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 12, 2012 - 5:23PM #6
voice-crying

Apr 12, 2012 -- 4:50PM, withwonderingawe wrote:

So ya go to an anti Mormon to find out about Mormons??

I’m sorry but this whole thing is hilarious;

“… and boys are never taught to clean up after themselves, since when their mothers stop doing it for them, their wives will take over the job….”

Really?

Let’s see

“Many Mormon men in their late teens choose to go on a mission for the church, to preach the gospel in a foreign land….”

Who do ya think cleans their apartments?

For reals; my hubby just came out of our foster son’s bedroom with a swifter mop, thank the Lord for his good Mormon mom.

Your comment caused me to realize/remember that I've never had a Mormon young lady-woman knock on my door (only young men). My concern is Mitt Romney's opinion of women: how would that affect his thinking if he were president of the whole United States of America (men and women)?  

"Death and life [are] in the power of the tongue: and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof."Proverbs 18:21
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 12, 2012 - 5:35PM #7
voice-crying

Apr 12, 2012 -- 5:16PM, withwonderingawe wrote:

This was a preplanned attack on Ann Romney

Obama to a woman’s conference last week;

“Once I was in the state legislature, I was teaching, I was practicing law, I'd be traveling,” he said. “And we didn't have the luxury for her not to work.”

A few days later;
Hilary Rosen; “His wife has actually never worked a day in her life.”

Ann is an effective campaigner and they were trying to take her out by claiming she could not talk for women.

Hilary Rosen said today on CNN that she apologized to Ann Romney last night in regards to the part of her comment that said: "she never worked a day in her life" (We women know that raising children is a full time job. Although most of us still have to/had to, work outside the home and we don't have nanny's, maids and cooks.) Personally I don't think Ann or Mitt can relate to the average woman. What they should do is listen for awhile.

Why would anyone want to attack Ann Romney?

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 12, 2012 - 5:54PM #8
withwonderingawe

Voice; “Your comment caused me to realize/remember that I've never had a Mormon young lady-woman knock on my door (only young men)”

Both of my sister in-laws went on missions.

Voice; My concern is Mitt Romney's opinion of women: how would that affect his thinking if he were president of the whole United States of America (men and women)?

As a Mormon Mitt would look on each and every woman as a beloved daughter of God, his spiritual sister and a potential Goddess.

Now wouldn’t you want to be treated like that?

Wise men still seek him.
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 12, 2012 - 6:09PM #9
Mostyn32

What a tempest in a teapot! Seems to me that someone somewhere is trying to stir up anti-Mormon feelings now that Mitt Romney is obviously going to be the GOP candidate for President.

I don't number many Mormons among my friends, but my former next-door-neighbours were Mormon. She taught at the local ballet company school, he was a photographerr. Their marriage was very equal (he was a super cook) and very stable. The only other Mormon couple I know also have a stable marriage, and the wife works outside the home.

As far as missionaries go, I've had young Mormon women mission teams knock on my door.

While I question much of the Mormon theology, I commend the LDS for their family-centred teachings, and their financial commitment to their church.

"God is no captious sophister, eager to trip us up whenever we say amiss, but a courteous tutor, ready to amend what, in our weakness or our ignorance, we say ill, and to make the most of what we say aright."  from 'A Learned Discourse on Justification', a sermon by Richard Hooker (1554-1600).
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 12, 2012 - 6:20PM #10
withwonderingawe

Voice; Why would anyone want to attack Ann Romney?

This is a campaign with a war strategy,  there are different strategies and one is to strike and negate every opponent. Ann is an formable opponent. 

During the GOP debates George Stephanopoulos asked Mitt some dumb question about contraception, no one anywhere was talking about it, no one was even thinking about banning contraceptives, no one! That was a planted question so the Obama team could start their war on women strategy.

It’s all about strategy, they sit in their war rooms thinking up ways to attack, it's no coincidence that Obama brought up Michelle's work recorded just a few days before Hilary opened her mouth. This one backfired and Hilary is being thrown under the bus.

Wise men still seek him.
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 7  •  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook