Locked: If You Want To Talk About Women's Little Issues Talk To "my wife!"
2 years ago  ::  Apr 13, 2012 - 2:59PM #31
Find1Answer

Apr 13, 2012 -- 2:18PM, Qwesam wrote:

Apr 13, 2012 -- 1:26PM, Girlchristian wrote:

Apr 13, 2012 -- 9:51AM, voice-crying wrote:

Apr 13, 2012 -- 2:34AM, Find1Answer wrote:

Apr 12, 2012 -- 4:21PM, voice-crying wrote:

That attitude is puzzling. So I needed to know why!

The way Mitt dismisses any mention of women's issues, caused me to look up his beliefs when it comes to a woman's place in the world.  www.exmormon.org/mormwomn.htm 

In my opinion Mitt Romney thinks women are second class citizens. He should be forced to seek a woman to be his VP (running mate).

I don't think he'll do it because it would be against his "religion." What say you?   

look   Patriarchy is how this church runs and how the Catholic church works and all the rest of them them.    You gotta a problem with Patriarchy???   You must be a feminist

No I don't have a problem with "Patriarchy" in the home or in a church...however I do have a problem with it in: Federal, State or Local Government. No I'm not a "feminist." I'm a woman who has obeyed God's command to: "be fruitful and multiply" (propagate) and to be the wife of one husband (at a time). 

When Romney was Governor he had plenty of women in his cabinet and his deputy Chief of Staff was a woman. His Lieutenant Govenor was also a woman. To claim that he doesn't hold women in high esteem is not accurate if you look at his work history.

Oh..... really?/?/?

Is it before or after he switch back to Conservative?  Anti-Choice, Anti-Gay etc...

Romney as a Governor is not the same as Romney for 2012 President...

none of them are during the primary,  watch him turn toward the center during the election and then turn into the corporatist like Obama did after the election.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 13, 2012 - 4:27PM #32
Ironhold

Apr 13, 2012 -- 9:56AM, voice-crying wrote:

I didn't mention anything about the "hearafter." It is my understanding that they think they'll rule the world in the here-and-now (someday). I'll have to go back and research (again). If I'm remembering correctly the men think they are gods.
I haven't looked at this since my World Religions class in college.

Go find whoever told you this and ask them what they were smoking at the time.

Contrary to popular belief, the church does not have plans to take over the world.

In fact, the church leadership has repeatedly stated that while they reserve the right to weigh in on social issues, they'll never tell anyone who to vote for or how.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 13, 2012 - 8:12PM #33
voice-crying

Apr 13, 2012 -- 4:27PM, Ironhold wrote:

Apr 13, 2012 -- 9:56AM, voice-crying wrote:

I didn't mention anything about the "hearafter." It is my understanding that they think they'll rule the world in the here-and-now (someday). I'll have to go back and research (again). If I'm remembering correctly the men think they are gods.
I haven't looked at this since my World Religions class in college.

Go find whoever told you this and ask them what they were smoking at the time.

Contrary to popular belief, the church does not have plans to take over the world.

In fact, the church leadership has repeatedly stated that while they reserve the right to weigh in on social issues, they'll never tell anyone who to vote for or how.

Can you tell me what is not true? This is from yahoo.com

What does Mormonism teach?
The doctrines of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (Mormons) are very interesting. Most of the 'odd' ones are not initially taught to potential converts. But they should be. Instead, "they are revealed later as one matures and gains the ability to accept them." The LDS Church tries to make its official doctrines appear Christian but what underlies those Christian sounding terms is far from Christian in meaning. Following are the teachings of its officials throughout the years. Please note that these teachings are documented from Mormon writers, not anti-Mormon writers.
Finally, many Mormons respond that most of the the citations below are not from official Mormon writings, as if that disproves the doctrines they teach. If they are not official, fine. But, if not, then why have the Mormon apostles and high officials taught them, written them, and why are their books sold in Mormon bookstores? The truth is, the following is what Mormons are taught.

Atonement "Jesus paid for all our sins when He suffered in the Garden of Gethsemane," (Laurel Rohlfing, “Sharing Time: The Atonement,” Friend, Mar. 1989, 39.) "We accept Christ's atonement by repenting of our sins, being baptized, receiving the gift of the Holy Ghost, and obeying all of the commandments," (Gospel Principles, Corporation of the President of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, 1979, pg. 68.)
Baptism Baptism for the dead, (Doctrines of Salvation, Vol. II, p. 141.) This is a practice of baptizing each other in place of non-Mormons who are now dead. Their belief is that in the afterlife, the "newly baptized" person will be able to enter into a higher level of Mormon heaven. Bible "We believe the Bible to be the word of God as far as it is translated correctly. . ." 8th Article of Faith of the Mormon Church. "Wherefore, thou seest that after the book hath gone forth through the hands of the great and abominable church, that there are many plain and precious things taken away from the book, which is the book of the Lamb of God." (1 Nephi 13:28). Book of Mormon The book of Mormon is more correct than the Bible, (History of the Church, 4:461.)
Devil, the The Devil was born as a spirit after Jesus "in the morning of pre-existence," (Mormon Doctrine, page 192.) Jesus and Satan are spirit brothers and we were all born as siblings in heaven to them both, (Mormon Doctrine, p. 163.) A plan of salvation was needed for the people of earth so Jesus offered a plan to the Father and Satan offered a plan to the father but Jesus' plan was accepted. In effect the Devil wanted to be the Savior of all Mankind and to "deny men their agency and to dethrone god." (Mormon Doctrine, page 193; Journal of Discourses, vol. 6, page 8.) God God used to be a man on another planet, Mormon Doctrine, p. 321. Joseph Smith, Times and Seasons, Vol 5, pp. 613-614; Orson Pratt, Journal of Discourses, Vol 2, p. 345, Brigham Young, Journal of Discourses, vol. 7, p. 333.) "The Father has a body of flesh and bones as tangible as man’s..." (D&C 130:22). God is in the form of a man, (Joseph Smith, Journal of Discourses, Vol. 6, p. 3.) "God himself was once as we are now, and is an exalted man, and sits enthroned in yonder heavens!!! . . . We have imagined that God was God from all eternity. I will refute that idea and take away the veil, so that you may see" (Teachings of the Prophet Joseph Smith, p. 345 God the Father had a Father, (Joseph Smith, History of the Church, vol. 6, p. 476; Heber C. Kimball, Journal of Discourses, vol. 5, p. 19; Milton Hunter, First Council of the Seventy, Gospel through the Ages, p. 104-105.)
God resides near a star called Kolob, (Pearl of Great Price, pages 34-35; Mormon Doctrine, p. 428.) God had sexual relations with Mary to make the body of Jesus, (Brigham Young, Journal of Discourses, Vol. 4, p. 218, 1857; vol. 8, p. 115.) - This one is disputed among many Mormons and not always 'officially' taught and believed. Nevertheless, Young, the 2nd prophet of the Mormon church taught it. "Therefore we know that both the Father and the Son are in form and stature perfect men; each of them possesses a tangible body . . . of flesh and bones." (Articles of Faith, by James Talmage, p. 38). God, becoming a god After you become a good Mormon, you have the potential of becoming a god, (Teachings of the Prophet Joseph Smith, pages 345-347, 354.)
"Then shall they be gods, because they have no end; therefore shall they be from everlasting to everlasting, because they continue; then shall they be above all, because all things are subject unto them. Then shall they be gods, because they have all power, and the angels are subject unto them," (DC 132:20).
God, many gods There are many gods, (Mormon Doctrine, p. 163.) "And they (the Gods) said: Let there be light: and there was light (Book of Abraham 4:3) God, mother goddess There is a mother god, (Articles of Faith, by James Talmage, p. 443.) God is married to his goddess wife and has spirit children, (Mormon Doctrine p. 516.) God, Trinity The trinity is three separate Gods: The Father, the Son, and the Holy Ghost. "That these three are separate individuals, physically distinct from each other, is demonstrated by the accepted records of divine dealings with man." (Articles of Faith, by James Talmage, p. 35.) Gospel, the The true gospel was lost from the earth. Mormonism is its restoration, (Articles of Faith, by James Talmage, p. 182-185.)
Consists of laws and ordinances: "As these sins are the result of individual acts it is just that forgiveness for them should be conditioned on individual compliance with prescribed requirements -- 'obedience to the laws and ordinances of the Gospel.'" (Articles of Faith p. 79) Heaven There are three levels of heaven: telestial, terrestrial, and celestial, Mormon Doctrine, p. 348.
Holy Ghost, the The Holy Ghost is a male personage, A Marvelous Work and a Wonder, (Le Grand Richards, Salt Lake City, 1956, page 118; Journal of Discources, Vol. 5, page 179.) Jesus The first spirit to be born in heaven was Jesus, (Mormon Doctrine, page 129.) Jesus and Satan are spirit brothers and we were all born as siblings in heaven to them both, (Mormon Doctrine, p. 163; Gospel Through the Ages, p. 15.) Jesus' sacrifice was not able to cleanse us from all our sins, (murder and repeated adultery are exceptions), (Journal of Discourses, Vol. 3, p. 247, 1856.) "Therefore we know that both the Father and the Son are in form and stature perfect men; each of them possesses a tangible body . . . of flesh and bones." (Articles of Faith, by James Talmage, p. 38). "The birth of the Saviour was as natural as are the births of our children; it was the result of natural action. He partook of flesh and blood - was begotten of his Father, as we were of our fathers." (Journal of Discourses, Vol. 8: p. 115). "Christ was begotten by an Immortal Father in the same way that mortal men are begotten by mortal fathers" (Mormon Doctrine," by Bruce McConkie, p. 547). "Christ Not Begotten of Holy Ghost ...Christ was begotten of God. He was not born without the aid of Man, and that Man was God!" (Doctrines of Salvation, Joseph Fielding Smith, 1954, 1:18).
"Elohim is literally the Father of the spirit of Jesus Christ and also of the body in which Jesus Christ performed His mission in the flesh ..." (First Presidency and Council of the Twelve, 1916, God the Father, compiled by Gordon Allred, pg. 150). Joseph Smith If it had not been for Joseph Smith and the restoration, there would be no salvation. There is no salvation [the context is the full gospel including exaltation to Godhood] outside the church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, (Mormon Doctrine, p. 670.) Pre-existence We were first begotten as spirit children in heaven and then born naturally on earth, (Journal of Discourse, Vol. 4, p. 218.) The first spirit to be born in heaven was Jesus, (Mormon Doctrine, page 129.) The Devil was born as a spirit after Jesus "in the morning of pre-existence," (Mormon Doctrine, page 192.) Prophets We need prophets today, the same as in the Old Testament, (Articles of Faith, by James Talmage, p. 444-445.) Salvation "One of the most fallacious doctrines originated by Satan and propounded by man is that man is saved alone by the grace of God; that belief in Jesus Christ alone is all that is needed for salvation." (Miracle of Forgiveness, Spencer W. Kimball, p. 206.) A plan of salvation was needed for the people of earth so Jesus offered a plan to the Father and Satan offered a plan to the father but Jesus' plan was accepted. In effect the Devil wanted to be the Savior of all Mankind and to "deny men their agency and to dethrone god." (Mormon Doctrine, page 193; Journal of Discourses, vol. 6, page 8.) Jesus' sacrifice was not able to cleanse us from all our sins, (murder and repeated adultery are exceptions), (Journal of Discourses, Vol. 3, p. 247, 1856.) Good works are necessary for salvation, Articles of Faith, p. 92.) There is no salvation without accepting Joseph Smith as a prophet of God, (Doctrines of Salvation, Vol. 1, p. 188.) "The first effect [of the atonement] is to secure to all mankind alike, exemption from the penalty of the fall, thus providing a plan of General Salvation. The second effect is to open a way for Individual Salvation whereby mankind may secure remission of personal sins (Articles of Faith, by James Talmage, p. 78-79.) "As these sins are the result of individual acts it is just that forgiveness for them should be conditioned on individual compliance with prescribed requirements -- 'obedience to the laws and ordinances of the Gospel.'" (Articles of Faith p. 79). "This grace is an enabling power that allows men and women to lay hold on eternal life and exaltation after they have expended their own best efforts" (LDS Bible Dictionary, p. 697). "We know that it is by grace that we are saved, after all we can do," (2 Nephi 25:23).
Trinity, the The trinity is three separate Gods: The Father, the Son, and the Holy Ghost. "That these three are separate individuals, physically distinct from each other, is demonstrated by the accepted records of divine dealings with man." (Articles of Faith, by James Talmage, p. 35.) "Many men say there is one God; the Father, the Son and the Holy Ghost are only one God. I say that is a strange God [anyhow]--three in one and one in three. . .It is curious organization… All are crammed into one God according to sectarianism (Christian faith). It would make the biggest God in all the world. He would be a wonderfully big God--he would be a giant or a monster." (Joseph Smith, Teachings, 372). Some Mormons may disagree with a few of the points listed on this page, but all of what is stated here is from Mormon authors in good standing of the Mormon church.

"Death and life [are] in the power of the tongue: and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof."Proverbs 18:21
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 13, 2012 - 8:37PM #34
Girlchristian

Please remember to keep posts about politics and not about Mormonism. It's fine to discuss how Romney's religion will affect him as president, but let's refrain from debating about Mormon beliefs or doctrine as a whole.

Girlchristian, USN&P Co-host

"No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible." George Chakiris

“For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible.” Stuart Chase
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 13, 2012 - 9:21PM #35
voice-crying

Apr 13, 2012 -- 8:37PM, Girlchristian wrote:

Please remember to keep posts about politics and not about Mormonism. It's fine to discuss how Romney's religion will affect him as president, but let's refrain from debating about Mormon beliefs or doctrine as a whole.

Girlchristian, USN&P Co-host

Thank you Girlchristian.

"Death and life [are] in the power of the tongue: and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof."Proverbs 18:21
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 13, 2012 - 9:36PM #36
Find1Answer

Thank you GC  I do not see how Romney's mormonism will affect his possible presidency myself.   I don't know if I could say the same thing about those other fellows,   the ones that dropped out.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 14, 2012 - 7:13AM #37
Ironhold

GC - so much opposition to Romney is based on blatant anti-Mormonism, so this is actually as good a place as any to discuss matters.

Voice - please be mindful that extensive citations are against BNet's RoC.

That being said -

The doctrines of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (Mormons) are very interesting. Most of the 'odd' ones are not initially taught to potential converts.

Correction - local leaders are supposed to embrance questions from investigators so as to clear the air.

Instead, "they are revealed later as one matures and gains the ability to accept them."

Would you teach calculus to someone in 1st grade?

That's why Romney has only given people bits and pieces: fear of information overload.

Finally, many Mormons respond that most of the the citations below are not from official Mormon writings, as if that disproves the doctrines they teach. If they are not official, fine. But, if not, then why have the Mormon apostles and high officials taught them, written them, and why are their books sold in Mormon bookstores? The truth is, the following is what Mormons are taught.

Ever been to a Deseret Book?

You're also likely to find Snoopy, Shrek, and other such works in there.

It's called "it's a business and so it has to make money."

Atonement "Jesus paid for all our sins when He suffered in the Garden of Gethsemane," (Laurel Rohlfing, “Sharing Time: The Atonement,” Friend, Mar. 1989, 39.) "We accept Christ's atonement by repenting of our sins, being baptized, receiving the gift of the Holy Ghost, and obeying all of the commandments," (Gospel Principles, Corporation of the President of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, 1979, pg. 68.)

First off, if you get a source that's more than 10 years old, there's a good chance that there's a more current instructional manual out there. The church revises and reissues most manuals every 10 - 15 years to keep them current. For example, family history manuals have had to be constantly revised in order to focus on the fact that computers are increasingly becoming the dominant media for record storage and retreival.

Now as to your actual question, the belief is that Gesthemane - specifically, the Intercessory Prayer - was where the Atonement took place. The Crucifixtion, meanwhile, was needed so that Jesus could overcome death and pave the way for the Resurrection.

This is taught to virtually every investigator on the first or second meeting.

Baptism Baptism for the dead, (Doctrines of Salvation, Vol. II, p. 141.) This is a practice of baptizing each other in place of non-Mormons who are now dead.

Also taught on the first or second meeting.

The idea is that it gives people who didn't get baptised in life a chance to get it after death.

There's also a nod to it in 1 Corinthians 15, specifically verse 29.

Bible "We believe the Bible to be the word of God as far as it is translated correctly. . ." 8th Article of Faith of the Mormon Church.

Next time you go shopping for a Bible, note the rather absurd number of English translations and how widely they vary.

Book of Mormon The book of Mormon is more correct than the Bible, (History of the Church, 4:461.)

...in that it's passed through fewer hands.

Devil, the The Devil was born as a spirit after Jesus "in the morning of pre-existence," (Mormon Doctrine, page 192.) Jesus and Satan are spirit brothers and we were all born as siblings in heaven to them both, (Mormon Doctrine, p. 163.)

The idea is that all of us are related on the spiritual level, with Jesus being our Elder Brother.

Most critics - like the talking heads who keep acusing Romney of being in a cult - are lying to people by stressing the Jesus / Satan issue.

Also, no Mormon takes a citation from "Mormon Doctrine" seriously unless you include the edition. The work was actually the personal project of one Bruce R. McConkie, and so earlier editions contained a fair bit that was his own opinion rather than what was doctrinally accurate. Most Mormons want citations from the '94 edition, a few will take citations from the '78/79 edition, and I've only seen one person take anything from the '66 edition.

Any critic who cites MD extensively w/o giving the edition they're reading from is thus regarded as either a bald-faced liar or an absolute tool.

Also, most of this is taught from the get-go.

If you don't believe me, go to LDS.org and look up either the current Gospel Principles manual or the Preach My Gospel missionary manual.

God had sexual relations with Mary to make the body of Jesus,

The actual statement was along the lines of "What took place took place according to natural laws. Now quit arguing about it and focus on more serious matters."

The "God had sex!" bit comes from J. Edward Decker, a virulent anti-Mormon who was thrown out of the church because he couldn't keep it in his pants and started on his career because he needed a way to explain to people why he left.

"Therefore we know that both the Father and the Son are in form and stature perfect men; each of them possesses a tangible body . . . of flesh and bones." (Articles of Faith, by James Talmage, p. 38).

Talmage was basing this on passages in the Bible, and from later revelation, which both clearly showed that the two had physical forms. I actually have a copy of his book, and have read it through.

As an aside, if you see a critic cite something and put the "..." in place, disregard the citation; odds are it's been doctored.

God, becoming a god After you become a good Mormon, you have the potential of becoming a god, (Teachings of the Prophet Joseph Smith, pages 345-347, 354.)

Psalms 82 establishes that the term "god" was used in OT times to refer to mortals in positions of high authority over others. Jesus referred to this in John 10 as a defense when people were about to stone him for blasphemy.

The term here is used in a similar capacity.

God, mother goddess There is a mother god,

God, Trinity The trinity is three separate Gods:

Heavenly Father, Jesus, and the Holy Ghost are regarded as three physically seperate entities.

Also, because you failed to purge your excess highlighting, the rest of the post is now stuck like this.

In fact, because of these formatting issues, I can't even begin to deal with the rest of that diatribe until you re-post everything in a "clean" format. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 14, 2012 - 7:26AM #38
Ironhold

Consists of laws and ordinances: "As these sins are the result of individual acts it is just that forgiveness for them should be conditioned on individual compliance with prescribed requirements -- 'obedience to the laws and ordinances of the Gospel.'" (Articles of Faith p. 79)

...isn't that what most churches inherently require?

Heaven There are three levels of heaven: telestial, terrestrial, and celestial, Mormon Doctrine, p. 348.

Mind actually citing an official source?

www.lds.org has all of the official materials under the "gospel library" section.

Jesus' sacrifice was not able to cleanse us from all our sins, (murder and repeated adultery are exceptions),

No, what Brigham Young said was "If people understood the eternal consequences of certain sins, they'd rather allow themselves to be impaled by a javelin as part of the penance process than die of old age as-is."

It was hyperbole in order to establish a point.

Pre-existence We were first begotten as spirit children in heaven and then born naturally on earth, (Journal of Discourse, Vol. 4, p. 218.)

Taught in one of the first lessons, like most of what you claim we "hide".

In fact, have you even bothered to read an official church publication?

Prophets We need prophets today, the same as in the Old Testament,

...when you consider just how riddled through mainline Christianity is with folks like the Bakers and Decker...

Salvation "One of the most fallacious doctrines originated by Satan and propounded by man is that man is saved alone by the grace of God; that belief in Jesus Christ alone is all that is needed for salvation."

Ever hear the phrase "Cheap Grace"?

It's where a person believes that they're free to commit whatever sin their heart desires because they've already been "saved" and so have a guaranteed ticket to Heaven.

I've seen - and been subjected to - far too many "Good Christians" who felt this way.

"The first effect [of the atonement] is to secure to all mankind alike, exemption from the penalty of the fall, thus providing a plan of General Salvation. The second effect is to open a way for Individual Salvation whereby mankind may secure remission of personal sins

How is this abnormal?

"We know that it is by grace that we are saved, after all we can do," (2 Nephi 25:23).

This is actually a lot closer to Biblical theology than the "call on God once and you've got a free pass to Heaven" bit that flows so freely in Evangelical circles. 

Some Mormons may disagree with a few of the points listed on this page, but all of what is stated here is from Mormon authors in good standing of the Mormon church.

Actually, McConkie caught hell for what he wrote in the first editions of Mormon Doctrine and the book was pulled out of print for several years while he revised it.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 14, 2012 - 11:14AM #39
voice-crying

Apr 12, 2012 -- 8:41PM, withwonderingawe wrote:

voice said:; Are you saying that Mitt would treat women as: "potential" Goddesses? It sounds like you're saying:...some women can become goddesses; what do they have to do to achieve that title?

Well the plan is the same for both men and woman; God’s plan was to make us in his image after all. If you really want an answer come over the Mormon welcome page.

My understanding of the Bible is: God made the couple/mankind in HIS own image only in the sense that we were made to live forever. But I would not have an issue with Romney for believing something different on that point.  My issus...is his opinions of women's roles in the world. Are we equal under the law? Or, are we just the little woman behind all men when it comes to our voices, our livelihoods, our bodies? Would he encourage what his counterpoints are trying to do all over the country, as he verbally does right now, or would he change his opinion for four years?

Apr 12, 2012 -- 8:41PM, withwonderingawe wrote:

Voice said: are you saying they went door-to-door? I have never seen women go door to door. Can you explain why they don't go door to door?

Yeah I believe they do, it is a little dangerous. Some go on humanitarian missions. My Filipino daughter in-law went on a mission in her home country. Right now she and my son have a mission calling up at the langue training mission teaching Cebuano to new missionaries.

I'm talking about in the USA!

The constitution says there is a separation of church and state...but, that only means that there can't be a state religion. And yet, our believe is part of who we are. I can't leave my faith at the door; I can't denounce it or hide it. If someone from the: church of what's happening now were running for POTUS, I'd look at them carefully. If a: Muslim were running I'd look at them carefully. I look at every candidate as a family portrait.   

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 14, 2012 - 11:43AM #40
voice-crying

Apr 14, 2012 -- 7:13AM, Ironhold wrote:

GC - so much opposition to Romney is based on blatant anti-Mormonism, so this is actually as good a place as any to discuss matters.

Voice - please be mindful that extensive citations are against BNet's RoC.

My biggest problem with Romney has nothing to do with his religion. Romney lies, he can't be trusted. He doesn't understand that making money for a select few doesn't make a person a success. He thinks money can buy anything. How many businesses has he destroyed? Romney is: Gordon Gekko and Edward Lewis...rolled into one (IMO). 

That being said -

The doctrines of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (Mormons) are very interesting. Most of the 'odd' ones are not initially taught to potential converts.

Correction - local leaders are supposed to embrance questions from investigators so as to clear the air.

When I read the above...the first thing I thought about was: The Mason's and their "degree" rules.

Instead, "they are revealed later as one matures and gains the ability to accept them."

Would you teach calculus to someone in 1st grade?

I don't compare "faith" with math.

That's why Romney has only given people bits and pieces: fear of information overload.

IMO, it's more of a fear of the truth issue.

But, since the theme of this thread is women, and what Mitt thinks about them; can you give me any reason to believe that women are more than second class citizens in his eyes. Yes! I know Beth Myers has been around him for a long time. Why couldn't Romney's spokesman answer a smiple question about the Lily Ledbetter fair pay act?

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 4 of 7  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook