Page 7 of 7  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Switch to Forum Live View
Locked: If You Want To Talk About Women's Little Issues Talk To "my wife!"
2 years ago  ::  Apr 18, 2012 - 6:31PM #61
Fodaoson

Apr 18, 2012 -- 5:59PM, voice-crying wrote:

Apr 18, 2012 -- 11:36AM, Fodaoson wrote:

Most of the criticism of LDS  posted here can be applied to other religions/denominations  in a  lesser or greater  extent.  There are also untruths about LDS being posted.  For example , voice-crying posted” I think the first thing they (LDS) should explain to those wanting to be like them, should be that their founder was illiterate”.  This a false statement.

I agree with you: "other religions/denominations" have problems/unscriptural views...ect. But! What makes Christian denomination christian, is not that they are all on one accord; it is that they believe in their hearts that Jesus is the Only Son of God (the Father), and that He (the Son) was born of a young woman (Mary) who had never had sex with a man. We believe that Jesus and only Jesus has the power to Save us from eternal damnation. That is all it takes to become a follower of Christ Jesus. We rely on the power of the Holy Spirit to teach us the rest (through good teachers and the Bible). But as for...Smith, the LDS seems to take pride in his ignorance; they use that fact to attest the miracle of the BOM; well, at least until the world found out that the BOC was taken from a fiction book (Manuscript Found) written by: Reverend Solomon Spaulding/Spalding. But, instead of admiting they indeed built a religion around a fiction book...they attempted to confuse their followers (more) by redecorating the books/words, and changing the name to: the Manuscript Story

In several branches of  “Christianity “ transubstantiation  is doctrine; Mary and Saints have intercessory   power, Priests can forgive sins and many other  beliefs.

True, but, what has that got to do with Ronmey's religion?

I am not LDS, I am neither defending nor criticizing  LDS/Mormonism or  any religion or non-religion .

LDS find spiritual fulfillment in lives through their Church.  Most Mormons I have known and know are good people, caring people and took care of their community.    Their need for a spiritual life is met by the LDS Church just as Catholics, Lutherans, Baptistes  have theirs and atheist and agnostic have their non-religious /non-spiritual needs met by non- belief .     

You are so right...the LDS like other religions, and christian denominations, put their belief first and farmost in their lives and that is what scares me. If a religion teaches that they will one day be in charge of everyone on earth, that scares me. Especially when it has been proven that some people (namely Romney) will do anything and say anything to reach their goal.

I'm reminded of the ONE RULE WORLD GOVERNMENT that the Bible warns is coming one day!

The origins of the New Testament are questionable. None of the words of Jesus(of Nazareth) were recorded a the time he spoke them neither  in his lifetime nor  by any of his disciples.  The Major author New Testament, Saul  of Tarsus aka Paul,  writing were  based on his “vision”  of “Christ”,

Transubstantiation, and ‘salvation’ is based on a myth and millions believe it, so why is  Romney’s faith and LDS any  worse than the religion and faith of those millions?

LDS/ Mormonism does not put Mormons in charge of  Earth, The God of Earth  is in charge here. “ As God was we are, As God is  we will be”  is Mormon faith simplified . Each Good Mormon will have his own world.   Your fear is your own misbelief.

The “hope” of Christianity is  “a new Heaven and Earth ruled by Christ”.  Does that scare you? 

“I seldom make the mistake of arguing with people for whose opinions I have no respect.” Edward Gibbon
"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 18, 2012 - 7:50PM #62
voice-crying

Apr 18, 2012 -- 6:31PM, Fodaoson wrote:

The origins of the New Testament are questionable.

Not by those of us who are followers of Christ; and not by the Council of Laodicea in 363 A.D.

None of the words of Jesus(of Nazareth) were recorded a the time he spoke them neither  in his lifetime nor  by any of his disciples.

Where are you getting your info?

The words Jesus spoke in the New Testament are the same words prophesied in the Hebrew Text. The disciples/apostles: Matthew, John and Peter wrote what they saw and heard (and so did: Mark and Luke).

The Major author New Testament, Saul  of Tarsus aka Paul,  writing were  based on his “vision”  of “Christ”,

The gospels teach us what happened and how to become a christian. The letters teach us how to live the christian life. And Revelation teaches us why.

Paul the Apostle of Christ, was [sent out] to preach to the Gentles...by the carnate Christ Jesus Himself. Paul, wrote letters to the Gentile assemblies (churches) scattered in Northern Asia.

The “hope” of Christianity is  “a new Heaven and Earth ruled by Christ”.  Does that scare you?

Actually that is what the Bible promises.

No, it doesn't scare me that Christ Jesus, will one day rule and reign over the earth for a thousand years. It scares me that mere mortals think they will rule anything. Romney is not, and will not ever, be a "god" (outside his religion). There is only One God: Father-Son-Holy Spirit. Romney, and the rest of us are flesh and blood human beings. We have flaws; we make mistakes; we fall down; we get up, and do it all over again. We can't be trusted.     

"Death and life [are] in the power of the tongue: and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof."Proverbs 18:21
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 7 of 7  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook