Page 4 of 4  •  Prev 1 2 3 4
Switch to Forum Live View Land of discrimination not opportunity?
2 years ago  ::  Apr 16, 2012 - 7:07PM #31
Bodean

Apr 16, 2012 -- 11:05AM, Find1Answer wrote:

So now you are an idiot if you speak out against a bill.     If that is the case those that speak out against the EPA rules like not dumping chemicals into a water source then you are an Idiot.  Is this another rightist thing versus a leftist thing?     of course we know your foregone conclusion who is the idiot here.

Find1 .... "idiots in the media" ...

So .. I guess if you are member of the media, then yes, I called you an idiot.  Not just that, but a lying idiot, who is promoting some bogus war on women by making up some association between these bills and a war on women's repro rights.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 16, 2012 - 9:32PM #32
Find1Answer

Would you agree that an unprecedented amount of legislation concerning female reproductive matters has been introduced and passed the past year?     If so then what would you call it.    Has there been a thousand pieces of legislation written on anything else this past year?  a concerted effort  maybe gun laws, or union busting laws, medicaid anything?  

I get the complaint about the financial tax payer insurance mandate bit, but it seems to me the War on Religion was a bit much with the insurance mandate.     There was existing law exempting religions on this matter but the law did not extend to religion run health institutions.    So the mandate was passed on.   The howl started and then Obama exempted them too.        When you can come up with over a thousands pieces of new legislation in the past year waging a war on religion I'll buy that one.

"I don’t care if the federal government is telling me to buy my employees Jack Daniel’s or birth control. What gives them the right to tell me that I have to do that? That’s my issue, that’s what I object to, and that’s the beginning and end of the story."

This hint that Potter had merely swaddled an anti-government rant within a "religious" blanket illustrates the main problem with Justice Samuel Alito's majority opinion in Hobby Lobby: it takes claims of religious scruples for granted.

http://www.latimes.com/business/hiltzik/la-fi-mh-expanded-hobby-lobby-20140702-column.html#page=1
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 17, 2012 - 8:11AM #33
Bodean

Apr 16, 2012 -- 9:32PM, Find1Answer wrote:

Would you agree that an unprecedented amount of legislation concerning female reproductive matters has been introduced and passed the past year?     If so then what would you call it.

Over reporting.

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 4 of 4  •  Prev 1 2 3 4

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook