Page 3 of 3  •  Prev 1 2 3
Switch to Forum Live View Should Rep. Allen West apologise?
3 years ago  ::  Apr 13, 2012 - 6:50PM #21
rocketjsquirell

Rep West is merely an ignorant idiot. The more he speaks the clearer it becomes. I am surprised that anyone would vote for him, but I suppose ignorant idiots deserve representation in Congress just as much as everyone else.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 13, 2012 - 7:30PM #22
k-bearsmom

LOL Rocket!......

What amazes me is that this topic concerning a man who is more than a little 'off-kilter' deserves ANY ink what-so-ever!

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 13, 2012 - 8:14PM #23
mecdukebec

In des affaires Wingnuteraires, sincerity is rather important:   -- Wingoitem 1:  If one says, "I believe that there are WMDs in Iraq, and doggonit!, and I and the Lord are gonna saddle up and find 'em!"

Wingoitem 2:  ...or Sarah Palin says, "He [Paul Revere, who lived into the 1960s to sing with The Riders and do gigs with the Monkeys on Saturday Morning cartoons]who warned uh, the British that they weren't gonna be takin' away our arms, uh by ringing those bells, and um, makin' sure as he's riding his horse through town to send those warning shots and bells that we were going to be sure and we were going to be free, and we were going to be armed.";

Wingoitem 3....or, Glen Beck goes after that awful Progressive Commie, President Woodrow, and body slams Mr Wilson,  when the Beckster claimed on the radio that the Seventeenth Amendment, which provides for the direct election of U.S. senators, was Woodrow Wilson's perfidious progressive scheme to undermine the Constitution. (Most significantly, nearly all the action regarding the Seventeenth Amendment took place before Wilson became president.)

...in des affaires Wingnuteraires, sincerity, tears and a belief that "my ignorance is as important as your knowledge," is all that's really needed. 

"Wesley told the early Methodists to gain all they could and save all they could so that they could give all they could. It means that I consider my money to belong to God and I see myself as one of the hungry people who needs to get fed with God’s money. If I really have put all my trust in Jesus Christ as savior and Lord, then nothing I have is really my own anymore."
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 13, 2012 - 10:56PM #24
k-bearsmom

I bet you just LOVE the sound of your own voice also Mec!

Ever adhere to the 30 second rule?

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 14, 2012 - 3:52PM #25
Unworthyone

West apologize?  No way!  I hope he carries his message loud and clear back to his constituency.  I hope he makes it a major issue in his re-election campaign.  In fact, I hope he makes it the ONLY issue in the campaign.  Let's see just how stupid his district is.

This is one of the reasons why nothing is getting done in Washington.  The idea that we must demonize the opposition, accuse them of hating America, of desiring the destruction of America.  How can someone make these outrageous hyperbolic claims, and then ever hope to sit down and govern with them?

Since when did 'compromise' and 'negotiation' and 'goodwill' become dirty words?  Now we'll get re-elected by simply calling each other names and ignoring the needs of the country?  How pathetic.

I recall years ago hearing Sean Hannity claim that all we had to do to solve all our problems was to get rid of all liberals in Congress.  He said this as though there is a black and white difference between liberal and conservative.

And I thought to myself, the first thing you would have to do once you purge congress of all liberals, ... you would have to purge the congress of all the remaining liberals, and after that, you would need to get rid of all the other liberals, and once that was done you would then need to vote all the other liberal out of congress.  And finally, all that would be left to do is get rid of all the liberals in congress.

In other words, if there were only two people left in congress, I guarantee one would accuse the other of being a liberal.

I never consider a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend.  Thomas Jefferson

Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind.
Albert Einstein

You can get anything you want out of life if you will just help enough other people get what they want. Zig Ziglar

http://www.nytimes.com/1991/03/29/opinion/why-i-m-for-the-brady-bill.html
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 14, 2012 - 4:34PM #26
mecdukebec

Apr 13, 2012 -- 10:56PM, k-bearsmom wrote:

I bet you just LOVE the sound of your own voice also Mec!

Ever adhere to the 30 second rule?

You said something? 

"Wesley told the early Methodists to gain all they could and save all they could so that they could give all they could. It means that I consider my money to belong to God and I see myself as one of the hungry people who needs to get fed with God’s money. If I really have put all my trust in Jesus Christ as savior and Lord, then nothing I have is really my own anymore."
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 14, 2012 - 5:21PM #27
catboxer

Rep. Allen West of Florida should be made to wear earphones.

Well, you walk into the room
Like a camel and then you frown
You put your eyes in your pocket
And your nose on the ground
There ought to be a law
Against you comin' around
You should be made
To wear earphones.

And you know something is happening
But you don't know what it is,
Do you, Mister Jones ?

--Bob Dylan, "Ballad of a Thin Man"

Adepto vestri stercore simul.ttr
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 16, 2012 - 1:09PM #28
Roodog

I wonder how West would feel about doing business with Mainland China and those who want to improve diplomatic and economic ties with Peking.

For those who have faith, no explanation is neccessary.
For those who have no faith, no explanation is possible.

St. Thomas Aquinas

If one turns his ear from hearing the Law, even his prayer is an abomination. Proverbs 28:9
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 17, 2012 - 12:25AM #29
Erey

I don't like that kind of hyperboyle that West is guilty of.  I think we should be able to expect better from our reps.  It is very IMO immature and divisive. 

I don't believe in forcing people to appologize, nor do I think it will make any difference.  If West were my representative I would not vote for him but he is not my rep.  In the meantime that is about as far as I am willing to take it. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 3 of 3  •  Prev 1 2 3

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook