Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next
3 years ago  ::  Apr 12, 2012 - 12:23AM #1
Roodog
news.yahoo.com/rep-allen-west-says-81-ho...

Now does this not remind you all of Joe Mc Carthy and his witch hunt?
For those who have faith, no explanation is neccessary.
For those who have no faith, no explanation is possible.

St. Thomas Aquinas

If one turns his ear from hearing the Law, even his prayer is an abomination. Proverbs 28:9
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 12, 2012 - 1:30AM #2
Unworthyone

Communists?  Really? That is soooo 1950's!

He should come up with something more  ... up to date.

"I hold in my hand, a list of 4576 employees of the State department who are card-carrying members of  ... Al Qaida!"

"Are you now or have you ever been a member of any terrorist organization other than the AFL-CIO?"

Just remember, Joe McCarthy made his bones through innuendo and unsubstantiated accusations.  He was eventually called out by the general counsel of the army and finally censured by the senate.  Nothing says they can't do it again, if need be.

This representative  Allen West needs to be told in no uncertain terms, "Put up or shut up!"

This crap is fine for Hannity or Coulter,  they don't need to back up anything they say,  but a representative, elected by his constituents needs to be careful who's wheaties he is pissing on.

I never consider a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend.  Thomas Jefferson

Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind.
Albert Einstein

You can get anything you want out of life if you will just help enough other people get what they want. Zig Ziglar

http://www.nytimes.com/1991/03/29/opinion/why-i-m-for-the-brady-bill.html
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 12, 2012 - 2:11AM #3
nnsecu

Apr 12, 2012 -- 1:30AM, Unworthyone wrote:

Heck the Democrats have been saying the right wants to cut all programs and let poor people die non stop from the 50's. 

We have a Muslim in the White House, Communists in the House or Representatives, and activist judges on the Supreme court.  What do we have in the Senate?   Besides the 53 America hating terrorists belong to the democratic party?

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 12, 2012 - 6:12AM #4
costrel

He should come up with something more  ... up to date.

Meridel Le Sueur, one of my favorite 20th century American writers and the author of The Girl, Salute to Spring, I Hear Men Talking, and The Dread Road, was a card-carrying member of the Communist Party USA. 

But Washington Democrats being card-carrying members of the Communist Party USA? I doubt that just as much as I doubt the historicity of Adam and Eve and the Noachian flood -- which means I don't believe it. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 12, 2012 - 7:59AM #5
catboxer

Maybe the hon. Rep. West just forgot to take his meds, as happens with some of the posters here sometimes.

Adepto vestri stercore simul.ttr
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 12, 2012 - 12:42PM #6
Roodog

Apr 12, 2012 -- 2:11AM, nnsecu wrote:

Heck the Democrats have been saying the right wants to cut all programs and let poor people die non stop from the 50's. 

We have a Muslim in the White House, Communists in the House or Representatives, and activist judges on the Supreme court.  What do we have in the Senate?   Besides the 53 America hating terrorists belong to the democratic party?

Saying that Obama is a Muslim is a damned lie, and you know it.

St. Thomas Aquinas

If one turns his ear from hearing the Law, even his prayer is an abomination. Proverbs 28:9
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 12, 2012 - 1:01PM #7
nnsecu

Apr 12, 2012 -- 12:42PM, Roodog wrote:

Saying that Obama is a Muslim is a damned lie, and you know it.

No i dont know it. I have never personally sat down with the man and talk about his spirituality.  I also never sat down with W and do not know if he is truly a Christian.  One may look at the actions of these two men a determine for themselves what their religion affiliation is, but that is just an opinion.

You may hope, you may think, you may even believe, but their is no way you can KNOW what religion Obama is unless you have had a discussion with the man.  Anyone claiming anything else is the true dammed liar.

Honestly I dont think nor do i care if Obama is a Muslim, but it is so much fun watching many on the left get all uppity and blow hard when you say it.  I assume its the same trill the left got from saying the lie of  BUSH HATES BLACK PEOPLE.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 12, 2012 - 6:18PM #8
Fodaoson

Better dump the koolaid on your pants!!

Calling Obama  Muslim  is knowingly lying. 

ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico, September 29, 2010 ” "I came to my Christian faith later in life, and it was because the precepts of Jesus Christ spoke to me in terms of the kind of life that I would want to lead - being my brothers’ and sisters’ keeper, treating others as they would treat me," he said. 

Obama continued: "And I think also understanding that Jesus Christ dying for my sins spoke to the humility we all have to have as human beings, that we’re sinful and we’re flawed and we make mistakes, and that we achieve salvation through the grace of God.  But what we can do, as flawed as we are, is still see God in other people and do our best to help them find their own grace.

“That’s what I strive to do.  That’s what I pray to do every day.  I think my public service is part of that effort to express my Christian faith," he said.

Matthew 10:32

Whosoever therefore shall confess me before men, him will I confess also before my Father which is in heaven.(KJV Cambridge edition

"Therefore, everyone who acknowledges me before people I, too, will acknowledge before my

Father in heaven. International Standard Version (©2008)

“I seldom make the mistake of arguing with people for whose opinions I have no respect.” Edward Gibbon
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 13, 2012 - 1:22AM #9
Roodog

Apr 12, 2012 -- 6:18PM, Fodaoson wrote:

Better dump the koolaid on your pants!!

Calling Obama  Muslim  is knowingly lying. 

ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico, September 29, 2010 ” "I came to my Christian faith later in life, and it was because the precepts of Jesus Christ spoke to me in terms of the kind of life that I would want to lead - being my brothers’ and sisters’ keeper, treating others as they would treat me," he said. 

Obama continued: "And I think also understanding that Jesus Christ dying for my sins spoke to the humility we all have to have as human beings, that we’re sinful and we’re flawed and we make mistakes, and that we achieve salvation through the grace of God.  But what we can do, as flawed as we are, is still see God in other people and do our best to help them find their own grace.

“That’s what I strive to do.  That’s what I pray to do every day.  I think my public service is part of that effort to express my Christian faith," he said.

Matthew 10:32

Whosoever therefore shall confess me before men, him will I confess also before my Father which is in heaven.(KJV Cambridge edition

"Therefore, everyone who acknowledges me before people I, too, will acknowledge before my

Father in heaven. International Standard Version (©2008)

Since Jonestown, I have been wary of Kool Aid.

I think the denial of the president being a Christian is racist. There is a heresy that only white people can become Christians.

Now if Obama is a Muslim then so is Oliver Cromwell, Jonathan Edwards,Cotton Mather, J. Campell Morgan and other Puritan Divines. They were all Congregationalists.

St. Thomas Aquinas

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 13, 2012 - 1:48AM #10
nnsecu

There is a heresy that only white people can become Christians.

Herman Cain, Condoleezzaa Rice, and Colin Powell all prove that non-white political leaders belong to the Christian faith.

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook