Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 10, 2012 - 8:54PM #2
Erey
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 11, 2012 - 2:37AM #3
Unworthyone

IRS agents make $125K a year?  Really?  Well, if Rush says so, I gotta believe it.

I never consider a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend.  Thomas Jefferson

Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind.
Albert Einstein

You can get anything you want out of life if you will just help enough other people get what they want. Zig Ziglar

http://www.nytimes.com/1991/03/29/opinion/why-i-m-for-the-brady-bill.html
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 11, 2012 - 10:20AM #4
TENAC

Regardless of who says it, those are the facts.

But I cant find out whether those numbers were figured in the original estimated cost of obamacare.

Any man can count the seeds in an apple....
.......but only God can count the apples in the seeds.
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 11, 2012 - 10:53AM #5
Girlchristian

Here's an article from 2011 on the increase in IRS agents, IT support, and infrastructure that was projected from the ACA, www.usnews.com/news/blogs/washington-whi....

The Internal Revenue Service says it will need an battalion of 1,054 new auditors and staffers and new facilities at a cost to taxpayers of more than $359 million in fiscal 2012 just to watch over the initial implementation of President Obama's healthcare reforms. Among the new corps will be 81 workers assigned to make sure tanning salons pay a new 10 percent excise tax. Their cost: $11.5 million.

It's not all tough news for taxpayers. The IRS regularly pays for its enforcement team and more when they collect taxes that companies and individuals try to skip out on. According to the budget documents, the IRS plans to get a big return on investment worth about $279 million by fiscal 2014.

"No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible." George Chakiris

“For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible.” Stuart Chase
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 11, 2012 - 11:04AM #6
Find1Answer

Apr 11, 2012 -- 10:20AM, TENAC wrote:

Regardless of who says it, those are the facts.

But I cant find out whether those numbers were figured in the original estimated cost of obamacare.

those are the facts if you accept the fact that Rush always seems to round up when talking about Obama and rounds down when talking about the republicans.     kinda like the billion dollar India trip.    GC posted a "real" link.   here's another one

www.irs.gov/newsroom/article/0,,id=23595...

"I don’t care if the federal government is telling me to buy my employees Jack Daniel’s or birth control. What gives them the right to tell me that I have to do that? That’s my issue, that’s what I object to, and that’s the beginning and end of the story."

This hint that Potter had merely swaddled an anti-government rant within a "religious" blanket illustrates the main problem with Justice Samuel Alito's majority opinion in Hobby Lobby: it takes claims of religious scruples for granted.

http://www.latimes.com/business/hiltzik/la-fi-mh-expanded-hobby-lobby-20140702-column.html#page=1
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 11, 2012 - 12:02PM #7
Bodean

Ah .. the hate ol rush thingy again.

Never occurs to you guys that all Rush does is READ the news.  He doesn't make the stuff up. .. only his commentary about it.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 11, 2012 - 12:16PM #8
Cesmom

Yes, Rush reads the news.  He reads one thing that may or may not be from a reliable source, invests no time evaluating the issue or getting informed about both sides of it, then flies off with his crazy commentary.  

If you read his own transcript, he goes back and forth, not even sure of the facts himself...but he's sure willing to rant away, whether it's accurate or not.

First he flies off with something he heard somewhere...

"Everybody gets soaked here, and that's why there are 4,000 new IRS agents to secure compliance with a piece of legislation that everybody thinks is about making them well when they get sick."

Then, he realizes he may not know what he's talking about...

"I've mistakenly been using the number 4,000.  That's a financial figure related to this.  It's 500 agents.  Actually, now I'm getting confused.  I know the number 4,000 is in there somewhere.  But whatever, 500 plus an additional 300 IRS operatives to run out and ostensibly alert the poor, "Hey, there are free benefits here for you." 

Then he finds a headline in the Washington Examiner to confirm his earlier statement...

"It is 4,000 agents.  This Investor's Business Daily has a typo in it.  I've looked at a bunch of different sources and, by all accounts, the best estimate is the IRS is gonna hire at least 4,000 more agents. The Washington Examiner had it.  "IRS Seeks 4,000 Agents, $303 Million for Obamacare."

I think Rush makes a habit of only reading the headlines...

youtu.be/EAR8LqQn_tc

Our need to learn should always outweigh our need to be right

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

More people would learn from their mistakes if they weren't so busy denying them.
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 11, 2012 - 12:32PM #9
lulu2

Again, MONEY took you off the initial question, which was a very good one. What has IRS got to do with Healthcare? Are they getting ready to enforce all the fines, those young people will perfer to take, once they know they will have to pay for insurance they wont need until they're in their 50's? While this NEW LAW doesnt allow them to buy catestrophic insurance, which as a young person, is the kind of insurance they would need, and is cheaper, and that they COULD afford.

Without the Soul of Christ alive in us...we are nothing but empty shells...
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 11, 2012 - 12:35PM #10
TENAC
You miss the point.
Was it (he) right or wrong, and how is that vomit to add to anyone' s health?
Any man can count the seeds in an apple....
.......but only God can count the apples in the seeds.
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook