Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next
2 years ago  ::  Apr 10, 2012 - 6:18PM #1
Mostyn32
This afternoon, Rick Santorum suspended his campaign for the GOP nomination. Santorum's move leaves only Gingrich running against Romney, and Gingrich has said he's in all the way to the convention. Santorum has also intimated that he would consider being Romney's running mate come November. I doubt if Romney will take him up on the offer.

"God is no captious sophister, eager to trip us up whenever we say amiss, but a courteous tutor, ready to amend what, in our weakness or our ignorance, we say ill, and to make the most of what we say aright."  from 'A Learned Discourse on Justification', a sermon by Richard Hooker (1554-1600).
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 10, 2012 - 7:44PM #2
LeahOne

Awwwwww, what a pity!  Pity it took him so long to figure out he's not Presidential material......he'd probably be OK as fertilizer, though.

Thanks for the cheering news, Mostyn : ))

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 10, 2012 - 7:46PM #3
Druac

It was only a matter of time...what are the poor evangelicals to do now? They are still very unhappy with the fake Christian…I mean, Mormon.

Jesus Is My Savior...He Saves Me From REALITY!
---------------------------------------------
We created god in our own image and likeness!
[George Carlin]
---------------------------------------------
"Reason & Logic" - A Damn Good Slogan!
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 10, 2012 - 8:05PM #4
REteach

I'm glad to know I don't have to worry about moving out of the US. 

I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize what you heard was not what I meant...
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 11, 2012 - 11:41AM #5
Unworthyone

Finally, the GOP will get behind Romney and it's on to November!

And you can vote for Romney, 'cuz he's on record as agreeing with you (on any issue!)

And besides, he's so quotable:

"I don't care about the very poor ..."

"I like being able to fire people ..."

"The trees here are just the right height ..."

"I made a little money from speaking fees, but not very much ..."($300K+)

I never consider a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend.  Thomas Jefferson

Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind.
Albert Einstein

You can get anything you want out of life if you will just help enough other people get what they want. Zig Ziglar

http://www.nytimes.com/1991/03/29/opinion/why-i-m-for-the-brady-bill.html
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 11, 2012 - 12:08PM #6
Cesmom

Apr 11, 2012 -- 11:41AM, Unworthyone wrote:

And you can vote for Romney, 'cuz he's on record as agreeing with you (on any issue!)

Romney would not be my first choice, but in terms of republican choices, he's certainly a better option than Santorum.  And, in all fairness, some of his quotes have been taken entirely out of context...

“I’m in this race because I care about Americans. I’m not concerned about the very poor — we have a safety net there,” he said. “If it needs repair, I’ll fix it. I’m not concerned about the very rich — they’re doing just fine. I’m concerned about the very heart of America, the 90-95 percent of Americans who right now are struggling.”

“I want individuals to have their own insurance,” he said. “That means the insurance company will have an incentive to keep you healthy. It also means if you don’t like what they do, you can fire them. I like being able to fire people who provide services to me.  You know, if someone doesn’t give me a good service that I need, I want to say I’m going to go get someone else to provide that service to me.”

And, I'm sure to a guy with as much money as Romney, $300K does seem like "a little money"

Our need to learn should always outweigh our need to be right

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

More people would learn from their mistakes if they weren't so busy denying them.
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 11, 2012 - 12:40PM #7
Girlchristian

Apr 11, 2012 -- 12:08PM, Cesmom wrote:

Apr 11, 2012 -- 11:41AM, Unworthyone wrote:

Romney would not be my first choice, but in terms of republican choices, he's certainly a better option than Santorum.  And, in all fairness, some of his quotes have been taken entirely out of context...

“I’m in this race because I care about Americans. I’m not concerned about the very poor — we have a safety net there,” he said. “If it needs repair, I’ll fix it. I’m not concerned about the very rich — they’re doing just fine. I’m concerned about the very heart of America, the 90-95 percent of Americans who right now are struggling.”

“I want individuals to have their own insurance,” he said. “That means the insurance company will have an incentive to keep you healthy. It also means if you don’t like what they do, you can fire them. I like being able to fire people who provide services to me.  You know, if someone doesn’t give me a good service that I need, I want to say I’m going to go get someone else to provide that service to me.”

And, I'm sure to a guy with as much money as Romney, $300K does seem like "a little money"

Right and in all fairness, he gives far more as a percentage of his income to charity than say, Obama (Romney 19%, Obama 1%). He's not exactly an evil guy that doesn't care about others.

"No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible." George Chakiris

“For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible.” Stuart Chase
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 11, 2012 - 1:14PM #8
REteach

Apr 11, 2012 -- 12:40PM, Girlchristian wrote:

Right and in all fairness, he gives far more as a percentage of his income to charity than say, Obama (Romney 19%, Obama 1%). He's not exactly an evil guy that doesn't care about others.

remember the story about the rich guy and the widow's mite? Obama is nowhere near Romney's league financially. 

I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize what you heard was not what I meant...
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 11, 2012 - 1:28PM #9
mecdukebec

Apr 10, 2012 -- 7:46PM, Druac wrote:

It was only a matter of time...what are the poor evangelicals to do now? They are still very unhappy with the fake Christian…I mean, Mormon.

I wonder about that, too:  I know Wingos who like to say, in re: the GOP Presidential candidate, "He's a dear Christian man who loves the Lord."  and that, at least during the iteration fo the former Current Occupant who, putatively, God ordered to desolate little, godless brown unbelievers, lifted the luggage during the "holy war" build-up campaign and "Axis of evil" v. "Axis of God's people" sound-byte. 

If Wingoism can embrace an LDS candidate, remains to be witnessed. 

"Wesley told the early Methodists to gain all they could and save all they could so that they could give all they could. It means that I consider my money to belong to God and I see myself as one of the hungry people who needs to get fed with God’s money. If I really have put all my trust in Jesus Christ as savior and Lord, then nothing I have is really my own anymore."
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 11, 2012 - 1:44PM #10
Girlchristian

Apr 11, 2012 -- 1:14PM, REteach wrote:

Apr 11, 2012 -- 12:40PM, Girlchristian wrote:

remember the story about the rich guy and the widow's mite? Obama is nowhere near Romney's league financially. 

I'm not saying that he should be at Romney's level, but he is a multi-millionaire and he gives less as a percentage of his income than many making far less than he does (even the folks I know making $50k/year give more than 1% of their income).

The fact that Romney gives 19% of his income (how many of us give that much) to help those that need it indicates that he's not evil or uncompassionate.

"No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible." George Chakiris

“For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible.” Stuart Chase
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook