Page 2 of 2  •  Prev 1 2
2 years ago  ::  Apr 11, 2012 - 1:55PM #11
Qwesam

Apr 11, 2012 -- 1:44PM, Girlchristian wrote:

Apr 11, 2012 -- 1:14PM, REteach wrote:

Apr 11, 2012 -- 12:40PM, Girlchristian wrote:

Right and in all fairness, he gives far more as a percentage of his income to charity than say, Obama (Romney 19%, Obama 1%). He's not exactly an evil guy that doesn't care about others.

remember the story about the rich guy and the widow's mite? Obama is nowhere near Romney's league financially. 

I'm not saying that he should be at Romney's level, but he is a multi-millionaire and he gives less as a percentage of his income than many making far less than he does (even the folks I know making $50k/year give more than 1% of their income).

The fact that Romney gives 19% of his income (how many of us give that much) to help those that need it indicates that he's not evil or uncompassionate.

Well, the point is calculation.

how much 19% out of Million  and how much 1% out of 50K.

If I make that much money, I don't mind to give 25%.

beside, I heard most of his giva away money to his own church? if I am correct.

That's self serving...

***Watching Foxnews makes you dumb and dumber than your friends who watch NO News. It is on the survey!

***Don’t listen to what Republicans say, look what they do to Women’s rights.
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 11, 2012 - 2:03PM #12
Unworthyone

Apr 11, 2012 -- 1:55PM, Qwesam wrote:

I heard most of his giva away money to his own church? if I am correct.

That's self serving...

That is a requirement of his church to remain in good standing.  10% right off the top.  The LDS Church even has a process called 'reconciliation' where a member will sit down with a local church leader and review their annual tithes and offerings to make sure they are squared with the 'Eternal Revenue Service.'

I never consider a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend.  Thomas Jefferson

Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind.
Albert Einstein

You can get anything you want out of life if you will just help enough other people get what they want. Zig Ziglar

http://www.nytimes.com/1991/03/29/opinion/why-i-m-for-the-brady-bill.html
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 11, 2012 - 2:05PM #13
Girlchristian

Right and in all fairness, he gives far more as a percentage of his income to charity than say, Obama (Romney 19%, Obama 1%). He's not exactly an evil guy that doesn't care about others.

remember the story about the rich guy and the widow's mite? Obama is nowhere near Romney's league financially. 

I'm not saying that he should be at Romney's level, but he is a multi-millionaire and he gives less as a percentage of his income than many making far less than he does (even the folks I know making $50k/year give more than 1% of their income).

The fact that Romney gives 19% of his income (how many of us give that much) to help those that need it indicates that he's not evil or uncompassionate.

That's self serving...

1% out of 50K is going to financially affect someone more than 1% out of several million.

It depends on what the church does with the money. I give to my church as well, but we have three different programs designated to help the very poor in our city including tutoring and after school care (including dinner) for kids whose moms have to work, but need a safe place to go.

"No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible." George Chakiris

“For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible.” Stuart Chase
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 11, 2012 - 2:20PM #14
Qwesam

Apr 11, 2012 -- 2:05PM, Girlchristian wrote:

That's self serving...

1% out of 50K is going to financially affect someone more than 1% out of several million.

It depends on what the church does with the money. I give to my church as well, but we have three different programs designated to help the very poor in our city including tutoring and after school care (including dinner) for kids whose moms have to work, but need a safe place to go.

I meant no matter how much a millionair gives, she/he still a millionair.

Beside, I like to know how his Church shares the money.

***Watching Foxnews makes you dumb and dumber than your friends who watch NO News. It is on the survey!

***Don’t listen to what Republicans say, look what they do to Women’s rights.
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 11, 2012 - 8:23PM #15
aarroottoonn

That's self serving...

How is giving money to a church that isn't giving that money back to you self serving?

I don't know what percentage he gives away, if it is 19% that is a far larger share than most. To say you would give away 25% is meaningless, unless you have that type of money and do. I could say I would give away 50%, but it has no meaning until I have to do it.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 11, 2012 - 8:27PM #16
aarroottoonn

I didn't read all the posts, the thread quickly broke into the usual liberals saying good bye to bad rubbish, and a line of hating on Romney, so I will say as a conservative that Santorum ran a great race; he was the only one who took momentum and kept it, and it is worth noting that he kept up his convictions, even in the face of the usual media suspects. I never thought he would win the nomination, nor do I think he could win nationwide, but he made a strong mark on his own future fortunes with his campaign. Best of luck wherever that takes him.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 11, 2012 - 10:34PM #17
catboxer

He was the last of the great medieval thinkers.

Adepto vestri stercore simul.ttr
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 12, 2012 - 2:55AM #18
rangerken

Apr 11, 2012 -- 10:34PM, catboxer wrote:

Please, CB...must you insult brilliant people like John Lackland and Catherine de Medici and Eleanor of Aquitaine and Godfrey de Boullion not to mention Chaucer and Pope Innnocent who wasn't at all, by comparing them to Santorum? REALLY now CB...for shame!!!!! Frown

Of course, you might be thinking of Savaronola of Inquisition fame......

Ken

Libertarian, Conservative, Life member of the NRA and VFW
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 12, 2012 - 8:52AM #19
Unworthyone

You gotta  hand it to Santorum.

He may not have always been right, but he was never in doubt.

I never consider a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend.  Thomas Jefferson

Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind.
Albert Einstein

You can get anything you want out of life if you will just help enough other people get what they want. Zig Ziglar

http://www.nytimes.com/1991/03/29/opinion/why-i-m-for-the-brady-bill.html
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 12, 2012 - 2:17PM #20
Mostyn32

Apr 12, 2012 -- 2:55AM, rangerken wrote:

Apr 11, 2012 -- 10:34PM, catboxer wrote:

Please, CB...must you insult brilliant people like John Lackland and Catherine de Medici and Eleanor of Aquitaine and Godfrey de Boullion not to mention Chaucer and Pope Innnocent who wasn't at all, by comparing them to Santorum? REALLY now CB...for shame!!!!! Frown

Of course, you might be thinking of Savaronola of Inquisition fame......

Ken

Or Torquemada, the Spanish inquisitor, who was even more narrow-minded than Savonarola!

"God is no captious sophister, eager to trip us up whenever we say amiss, but a courteous tutor, ready to amend what, in our weakness or our ignorance, we say ill, and to make the most of what we say aright."  from 'A Learned Discourse on Justification', a sermon by Richard Hooker (1554-1600).
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 2 of 2  •  Prev 1 2

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook