Switch to Forum Live View Israeli scientists 'train' immune system to fight cancer
2 years ago  ::  Apr 10, 2012 - 12:44PM #1
rocketjsquirell
Well here is another promising medical development which the anti-Israel people will have to forgo if they are going to be consistent in their BDS movement ideals 

Israeli scientists 'train' immune system to fight cancer

Scientists at Tel Aviv University and Israeli company Vaxil BioTherapeutics say they developed vaccine that teaches cancer patients' bodies to find and destroy cancerous cells • Dr. Baruch Brenner, who worked on vaccine, says this is only the first stage.

Ilan Gattegno and Meital Yasur-Beit Or

www.israelhayom.com/site/newsletter_arti...

Let us hope this pans out. (Heck, it is even o.k. with me if the anti-Israel folks do use the vaccine and are cured of their cancers)
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 10, 2012 - 7:22PM #2
rangerken

This illustrates what I think is an ongoing problem affecting Arab-Israeli relations. We constantly learn of scientific and medical advances which benefit all people coming out of Israel. We do NOT hear of anything similar coming out of Arab countries. Therefore, we see envy and jealousy and efforts to blame somebody else for the stagnation and lack of inovation endemic in the Arab world. This, BY THE WAY, is pointed out in the UN study done by Arabs (which has been mentioned and quoted from over the past, few years many times on this and other boards), so it is NOT just my opinion.

This is of course absolutely NOT due to any lack of genius, talent, ability, etc. among individual Arabs...who are as adept and creative as anyone once OUT of the stultifying cultures holding Arab countries back. Again, refer to that UN report!

Anyway, this wonderful news out of Israel just increases the awareness off the massive differences between Israeli and Arab society and reinforces why the Israelis do not want to be absorbed into what is indeed, to Israelis, a backward Arab culture. I heard this often from Israeli officers I trained and trained with years ago, and it is still obviously pertinent today.

Ken

Libertarian, Conservative, Life member of the NRA and VFW
Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook