Switch to Forum Live View Hamas hangs Gaza prisoners, including one 'collaborator'
3 years ago  ::  Apr 08, 2012 - 5:16PM #1
rocketjsquirell
Hamas as a model for "good government"! This is life, or rather death, under the rule of the Islamic Reistence Movement

Hamas hangs Gaza prisoners, including one 'collaborator'

The Hamas-controlled administration in Gaza has announced that three prisoners have been executed.
. . .
One of the men was accused of collaborating with Israel and the others had been found guilty of murder.

The man executed for collaborating with Israel is the first to be hanged for the offence since two similar executions last July.

Under Palestinian law, executions are meant to be approved by the Palestinian president.

But since the split between Hamas-controlled Gaza and the Palestinian-Authority-run West Bank, Hamas does not recognise the authority of President Mahmoud Abbas.
. . .
Court proceedings in the Gaza Strip are not held in public, and defendants are identified only by their initials, so it can be difficult event to match announcements of executions even with previous news of arrests or convictions, our correspondent says.

It is not even possible to know what specific charges the executed men faced, he adds.
. . .

full article:
www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-176...
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 08, 2012 - 8:07PM #2
rangerken

Radical islamist terrorists acting like radical islamist terrorists should not surprise anyone anymore than barbarians acting like barbarians should surprise anyone. And since radical islamist terrorists, like Hamas, are indeed barbarians, when they commit acts of barbarism they are just being their vile, vicious, murderous selves.

This is so UNcomplicated!

And...just by the way...Hamas is also so UN-Islamic despite what these vermin claim.

Ken

Libertarian, Conservative, Life member of the NRA and VFW
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 08, 2012 - 9:26PM #3
Miraj

Apr 8, 2012 -- 8:07PM, rangerken wrote:

Radical islamist terrorists acting like radical islamist terrorists should not surprise anyone anymore than barbarians acting like barbarians should surprise anyone. And since radical islamist terrorists, like Hamas, are indeed barbarians, when they commit acts of barbarism they are just being their vile, vicious, murderous selves.

This is so UNcomplicated!

And...just by the way...Hamas is also so UN-Islamic despite what these vermin claim.

Ken

True dat.

Disclaimer: The opinions of this member are not primarily informed by western ethnocentric paradigms, stereotypes rooted in anti-Muslim/Islam hysteria, "Israel can do no wrong" intransigence, or the perceived need to protect the Judeo-Christian world from invading foreign religions and legal concepts.  By expressing such views, no inherent attempt is being made to derail or hijack threads, but that may be the result.  The result is not the responsibility of this member.

PhotobucketPhotobucket
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 08, 2012 - 10:06PM #4
LeahOne

And here I thought the point of discussing HAMAS' actions was to demonstrate how their refusal to live up ot their agreement with the PA is hurting individual Palestinians, and hampering the progress towards a united Palestinian state.

I think it's a great tragedy for the people of Gaza that they elected HAMAS, a  group of what are apparently power-hungry thugs who refuse to keep their word or work with *anyone* else.  : ((

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 08, 2012 - 10:39PM #5
rangerken

What has always seemed to me to be such a shame is that if groups like Hamas, or the PLF in its day, had been disavowed by the Palestinians and told to just go away...chased away...whatever... there probably long since would have been a Palestinian state. I don't see how Israel can or should be expected to negotiate with those who want only to destroy Israel and kill Jews...and that describes Hamas perfctly.

In my opinion the Palestinians are people with whom Israelis can and should talk, negotiate and make agreements. But Hamas are people who are legitimate targets who are best hunted down and eradicated like the vermin they are. And they just keep on validating my opinion. I also think Hamas is an afront to Islam. My Muslim neighbor gets close to apoplexy when he discusses them.

Ken

Libertarian, Conservative, Life member of the NRA and VFW
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 09, 2012 - 6:36AM #6
Dostojevsky

Apr 8, 2012 -- 8:07PM, rangerken wrote:

Terrorists, barbarians, terrorists...yes I know of other terrorists and barbarians who chase citizens of other countries and murder them. But they wear different color glasses, so the blood is not as red, the dead deserve it and they are gods who know and deal out the supreme law of justiceYell

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 10, 2012 - 11:49PM #7
Erey

I had read this article the other day.  I wondered what exactly passes for treason with Hamas?  Is it spying for Israel?  Or is it just working for peace iwth Israel?  Perhaps not joining in the typicall Israel should be wiped off the map conversation? 

Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook