Page 2 of 2  •  Prev 1 2
Switch to Forum Live View What would you do with $157.9 Million Dollars?
2 years ago  ::  Apr 10, 2012 - 9:52AM #11
catboxer

K, thanks for having concern. Actually I've been doing really well lately. I'm in good physical shape, have a partner now,  so life is OK.

As far as politics is concerned, I'm ready to go to war. The people who have temporarily seized control of our political system have repeatedly demonstrated their unfitness to rule anything, and they need to be overthrown and replaced with all due dispatch.

Adepto vestri stercore simul.ttr
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 10, 2012 - 10:11AM #12
drawout

I would move south of the equator and build an observatory with a huge telscope. I have never seen the southern sky with its two visable galaxies visable to the naked eye. My scope would have its focal point aimed at an eyepiece instead of a CCD camera unlike the ones used by the scientists. CCDs are for sharing, I want the naked eye experience all to myself. Any remaining funds would go to recruit women for my doomsday cult and brainwash them into believing having sex with me is the only path to salvation,if thats OK with my wife Snoogs. If I let her have a small herd of girraffes in the yard she might be OK with that . My scope would have to be high enough so the girraffes couldnt block the view. I would also want a stereo worth about a million dollars. I would keep a few million to live on and the rest I would give to some stupid fuggin charity cuz I'm a caring sensitive type of guy.

'When we remember we are all mad, the mysteries disappear and life stands explained.' - Mark Twain
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 10, 2012 - 10:18AM #13
mecdukebec

I would found a foundation to give Neo-cons a work trip to Iraq, minimum duration, 2 months, to see what they did, why, and to reflect of the future of that nation.  Then, they would be expected to spend a month afterward speaking in churches and places of public assembly sharing their information. 

"Wesley told the early Methodists to gain all they could and save all they could so that they could give all they could. It means that I consider my money to belong to God and I see myself as one of the hungry people who needs to get fed with God’s money. If I really have put all my trust in Jesus Christ as savior and Lord, then nothing I have is really my own anymore."
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 10, 2012 - 11:33AM #14
Girlchristian

I would provide for my family first -- pay off my sister's home and put aside college funds for my neice and nephew, I would buy my brother and his girlfriend a home and give him the money he needs to finally buy her an engagement ring (he's saving up, but it's hard) and pay for their wedding, I'd put money in a fund for my son and put money aside for my husband to get his MBA, I'd pay off my parent's debt and put money aside for their retirement since having three kids while on a military person's salary didn't leave them much room for saving, and I'd send my parents to Italy for a month, someplace they've always wanted to go, but never had the money.

I'd put a few million in savings for my own retirement. Give money to my church and a some local charities. Then, I'd meet with hopeful entrepreneurs that just need someone to give them a break to get their business/idea started and I'd help as many of them as I can in a manner that would ensure production/manufacturing here and increase jobs.

"No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible." George Chakiris

“For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible.” Stuart Chase
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 10, 2012 - 8:29PM #15
TENAC

I figure I have about 30 years left, tops.  So I would keep a million per year and double it.

So, $60 million I would put away, figuring I couldnt or wouldnt spend a million dollars per year.

I think the remaining $100 million put in some sort of trust and allow the interest to spin off into mission work and spreading the Gospel of Christ and feeding the poor in those countries.

Any man can count the seeds in an apple....
.......but only God can count the apples in the seeds.
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 12, 2012 - 5:43AM #16
Kwinters

Apr 6, 2012 -- 7:56PM, gregarious wrote:

Mega Millions winner in Kansas claims share of prize - but chooses to remain anonymous

usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/04/06/11...

I guess the first thing you have to do is hide and then publically give most of it away or someone will kill you for it or you'll die of excess. Have a good time spreading it around.  

I would become a professional philanthropist.

Among my causes would be establishing a SuperPAC to recruit and fund Democratic women who run for office, funding Planned Parenthood and providing funding to low income American women who want contraception or abortion but cannot afford it, funding the education of girls in the developing world, funding contraception, abortion and maternal support in the developing world, fund secular groups worldwide, supporting Amnesty International and the ACLU.

Jesus had two dads, and he turned out alright.~ Andy Gussert

“Feminism has fought no wars. It has killed no opponents. It has set up no concentration camps, starved no enemies, practiced no cruelties. Its battles have been for education, for the vote, for better working conditions…for safety on the streets…for child care, for social welfare…for rape crisis centers, women’s refuges, reforms in the law.

If someone says, “Oh, I’m not a feminist,” I ask, “Why, what’s your problem?”

Dale Spender
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 12, 2012 - 1:26PM #17
catboxer

What would I do with $159 million big ones?

Definitely, I'd ride the Gravy Rainbow.

Jumping so high we touch the sky,

So wipe the snot out of your eyes,

It's my Gravy Rainbow...

Adepto vestri stercore simul.ttr
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 12, 2012 - 7:33PM #18
Iwantamotto

I don't really need much, so most of it would be involved in finding places to revamp and revitalize in the community.

Knock and the door shall open.  It's not my fault if you don't like the decor.
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 2 of 2  •  Prev 1 2

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook