Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next
Switch to Forum Live View Navy jet crashes into apartment complex...
3 years ago  ::  Apr 06, 2012 - 1:30PM #1
mountain_man
Here's the link.

There are no reports of causalities, but, I'm afraid, that will change. I hope it doesn't.

No political comments, just my thoughts for all those involved.
Dave - Just a Man in the Mountains.

I am a Humanist. I believe in a rational philosophy of life, informed by science, inspired by art, and motivated by a desire to do good for its own sake and not by an expectation of a reward or fear of punishment in an afterlife.
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 06, 2012 - 1:50PM #2
mainecaptain

WOW. That looks really devastating. I hope the casualties are not to high, be nice if only minor injuries, but looking at the video makes me fear much worse.

My thoughts go out to everyone involved.

A tyrant must put on the appearance of uncommon devotion to religion. Subjects are less apprehensive of illegal treatment from a ruler whom they consider god-fearing and pious. On the other hand, they do less easily move against him, believing that he has the gods on his side. Aristotle
Never discourage anyone...who continually makes progress, no matter how slow. Plato..
"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives" Jackie Robinson
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 06, 2012 - 2:14PM #3
farragut

When we were young, Navy pilots were singularly renowned for giving their lives, if need be, to prevent their craft from coming down into residences.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 06, 2012 - 2:19PM #4
Girlchristian

With my dad being ex-Navy, VA Beach was our home twice when I was a child and I moved back there as an adult for a few years. This is awful, but my prayers go up for everyone involved.

"No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible." George Chakiris

“For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible.” Stuart Chase
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 06, 2012 - 3:09PM #5
Cesmom

Wow.  This is so sad.  The news story mentions that a lot of the area residents are elderly.  When I started reading, I hoped that a lot of these folks would be at work when this happened, but if there are a lot of elderly there, that sadly may not be the case.  Very tragic.

Our need to learn should always outweigh our need to be right

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

More people would learn from their mistakes if they weren't so busy denying them.
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 06, 2012 - 3:41PM #6
TPaine

Apr 6, 2012 -- 1:30PM, mountain_man wrote:

Here's the link.

There are no reports of causalities, but, I'm afraid, that will change. I hope it doesn't.

No political comments, just my thoughts for all those involved.

According to a report just now on MSNBC there were 4 people injured on the ground. Fortunately, none of those injuries are life threatening. The pilot and WSO ejected safely and have only minor injuries.

"The right of voting for representatives is the primary right by which other rights are protected. To take away this right is to reduce a man to slavery, for slavery consists in being subject to the will of another, and he that has not a vote in the election of representatives is in this case." Thomas Paine:
Dissertation on First Principles of Government (July 1795)
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 07, 2012 - 9:55AM #7
mountain_man

Apr 6, 2012 -- 3:41PM, TPaine wrote:

According to a report just now on MSNBC there were 4 people injured on the ground. Fortunately, none of those injuries are life threatening. The pilot and WSO ejected safely and have only minor injuries.

I just did some checking, and that's true, the worst injury was a broken bone in one of the residents. That's amazing!

Dave - Just a Man in the Mountains.

I am a Humanist. I believe in a rational philosophy of life, informed by science, inspired by art, and motivated by a desire to do good for its own sake and not by an expectation of a reward or fear of punishment in an afterlife.
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 07, 2012 - 5:47PM #8
mainecaptain

It is amazing. Is is really great. :)

A tyrant must put on the appearance of uncommon devotion to religion. Subjects are less apprehensive of illegal treatment from a ruler whom they consider god-fearing and pious. On the other hand, they do less easily move against him, believing that he has the gods on his side. Aristotle
Never discourage anyone...who continually makes progress, no matter how slow. Plato..
"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives" Jackie Robinson
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 07, 2012 - 8:08PM #9
farragut

It appears that the lads did their damnedest to adhere to Navy tradition and values. Bless em.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 07, 2012 - 8:56PM #10
jane2

Apr 7, 2012 -- 8:08PM, farragut wrote:

It appears that the lads did their damnedest to adhere to Navy tradition and values. Bless em.

Oh yessss.............................

discuss catholicism
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook