Page 1 of 4  •  1 2 3 4 Next
Switch to Forum Live View Strike up another failed prediction.
2 years ago  ::  Apr 06, 2012 - 11:35AM #1
Bodean
The EPA has put in place legislation that will prevent any new coal fired plants from being built based on their classifying CO2 as a threat in terms of the Endagerment Species Act.

One of the many flawed lines of evidence is that Polar Bears are endangered by Climate Change, and thus, we should implement regulation to protect this species by curbing CO2 emissions [another flawed assumption made by the leftists].

New Study out ... www.theglobeandmail.com/news/national/he...

"The number of bears along the western shore of Hudson Bay, believed to be among the most threatened bear subpopulations, stands at 1,013 and could be even higher, according to the results of an aerial survey released Wednesday by the Government of Nunavut. That’s 66 per cent higher than estimates by other researchers who forecasted the numbers would fall to as low as 610 because of warming temperatures that melt ice faster and ruin bears’ ability to hunt. "

In otherwords .. the Leftists are wrong again.

I have to ask .. why do leftists continue to lie to everyone that their support for CAGW legislation is based in "science", when every prediction they've made based on their so called "science" is wrong?           
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 06, 2012 - 12:19PM #2
paeng

Read the points by Derocher in the article. Also, look at multiple factors involved in the issue change, which is what the NAS did. That's how you talk about science, not the ridiculous manner by which you've been engaging in, including labeling ("leftists"?).

Pathetic.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 06, 2012 - 5:04PM #3
Unworthyone

Ok, so you found a study that jives with your personal agenda.  Good for you.  Now you can point to that study whenever any of the current or future studies which do not agree with your own conclusions are brought up.  If you start now, you might even be able to convince some people that this study is THE GOLD STANDARD by which all other studies must be compared.

Deep down everyone already knows that if a study does not affirm the American conservative position on any issue, the science is obviously flawed, or worse, TAMPERED WITH!

If it were up to conservatives, there would be no emission standards on motor vehicles. They have always opposed those bills. . "Trees cause more pollution than automobiles do." -- Ronald Reagan, 1981

If it were up to conservatives, there would be no clean air standards or clean drinking water standards.  They have always opposed those bills

If it were up to conservatives, Jim Crowe would be alive and well in the South.  Conservatives opposed the Civil Rights Act.  And the Voting Rights Act.

If it were up to conservatives there would be no Medicare, and our seniors would be sicker and die sooner, because private insurance has no desire to insure people who tend to get sick.

If it were up to conservatives, there would be no Federal Trade Commission to prevent anyone from making any bogus scientific claims about their products or services.  Listerine would still be claiming to prevent colds.

If it were up to conservatives, there would not be any NPR or  Sesame Street, because they prefer that our children only be exposed to messages that are commercial in nature.  No point in doing anything unless a buck can be made.

Science turned political? Who would think of doing such a thing? 

I never consider a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend.  Thomas Jefferson

Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind.
Albert Einstein

You can get anything you want out of life if you will just help enough other people get what they want. Zig Ziglar

http://www.nytimes.com/1991/03/29/opinion/why-i-m-for-the-brady-bill.html
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 06, 2012 - 8:22PM #4
k-bearsmom

It is SWEEPING posts like the one above which leaves the majority of SANE people shaking their heads at the incredulity of such 'indictments' !

Good grief UWO....get a grip on some modicum of reality or truth or something....PLEEEEEASE ! ! ! !

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 07, 2012 - 8:48AM #5
Father_Oblivion

Apr 6, 2012 -- 5:04PM, Unworthyone wrote:

Ok, so you found a study that jives with your personal agenda.  Good for you.  Now you can point to that study whenever any of the current or future studies which do not agree with your own conclusions are brought up.  If you start now, you might even be able to convince some people that this study is THE GOLD STANDARD by which all other studies must be compared.

Deep down everyone already knows that if a study does not affirm the American conservative position on any issue, the science is obviously flawed, or worse, TAMPERED WITH!

If it were up to conservatives, there would be no emission standards on motor vehicles. They have always opposed those bills. . "Trees cause more pollution than automobiles do." -- Ronald Reagan, 1981

I am a Conservative and I have always supported clean air legislation.

If it were up to conservatives, there would be no clean air standards or clean drinking water standards.  They have always opposed those bills

I am a Conservative and I have always supported clean water legislation.

If it were up to conservatives, Jim Crowe would be alive and well in the South.  Conservatives opposed the Civil Rights Act.  And the Voting Rights Act.

I am a Conservative and I have always opposed Jim Crowe and I absolutely support equality and oppose any attempt to abridge equality.

If it were up to conservatives there would be no Medicare, and our seniors would be sicker and die sooner, because private insurance has no desire to insure people who tend to get sick.

I am a Conservative and I have come out in support of Medicare quite often.

If it were up to conservatives, there would be no Federal Trade Commission to prevent anyone from making any bogus scientific claims about their products or services.  Listerine would still be claiming to prevent colds.

I am a Conservative and I support legislation requiring honesty.

If it were up to conservatives, there would not be any NPR or  Sesame Street, because they prefer that our children only be exposed to messages that are commercial in nature.  No point in doing anything unless a buck can be made.

I am a Conservative, and I am also entirely unmotvated by money, nor of material possessions. I raised my children to doubt what they see and hear without due investigation and I have never owned a television. I live my life as Henry David Thoreau advised and I find his advice to be quite sound, and firmly grounded in Conservative principles.

By this post, it would appear to be you doing such a thing, and making broad sweeping generalizations that have no bearing in either scientific research or observable reality.

The important thing to remember about American history is that it is fictional, a charcoal-sketched simplicity for the children or the easily bored. For the most part it is uninspected, unimagined, unthought, a representative of the thing and not the thing itself. It is a fine fiction...
Neil Gaiman
'American Gods'

‎"Ignorance of ignorance, then, is that self-satisfied state of unawareness in which man, knowing nothing outside the limited area of his physical senses, bumptiously declares there is nothing more to know! He who knows no life save the physical is merely ignorant; but he who declares physical life to be all-important and elevates it to the position of supreme reality--such a one is ignorant of his own ignorance."
- Manly Palmer Hall
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 07, 2012 - 10:25AM #6
Bodean

Apr 7, 2012 -- 8:48AM, Father_Oblivion wrote:

I am a Conservative and I have always opposed Jim Crowe and I absolutely support equality and oppose any attempt to abridge equality.

I am a Conservative, and I am also entirely unmotvated by money, nor of material possessions. I raised my children to doubt what they see and hear without due investigation and I have never owned a television. I live my life as Henry David Thoreau advised and I find his advice to be quite sound, and firmly grounded in Conservative principles.

By this post, it would appear to be you doing such a thing, and making broad sweeping generalizations that have no bearing in either scientific research or observable reality.

+10

Ditto for me ... with the exception that I think there is a better way to go about Healthcare than the current route that is predicted to bankrupt the nation.

I'm curious .. for all our Left of Center folks .. how are you planning on funding your massive entitlement and wealth redistribution schemes after you kill the economy with your flawed energy policy??

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 07, 2012 - 11:14AM #7
ted08721

Healthy polar bears??????????????????????????????????????????????????????
Not so fast!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
From the U.S. Geological Survey

Polar Bears in Alaska Observed with Patchy Hair Loss and other Skin Lesions

www.usgs.gov/newsroom/article.asp?ID=316...

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 07, 2012 - 12:36PM #8
catboxer

So, are there more bears now than there used to be? Or fewer?

By how much? Say 50 yrs ago.

What's the general state of their habitat?

Just wondering.

What's the reality?

Screw the ideology.

Adepto vestri stercore simul.ttr
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 07, 2012 - 12:36PM #9
Unworthyone

Apr 7, 2012 -- 8:48AM, Father_Oblivion wrote:

... making broad sweeping generalizations that have no bearing in either scientific research or observable reality.

You call yourself a conservative, and yet you are at odds with several conservative positions.  I'll bet if you give it some thought, you will realize that, at the very least, you are a moderate.

Social Security came from liberals, not conservatives.

Medicare came from liberals, not conservatives.

Clean air, clean water legislation   You will invariably find liberals supporting the issue and conservatives opposing it.

The Civil Rights Act was opposed by conservatives, passed by liberals, signed by a liberal president.

Who wants to defund the FTC, FDA, EPA? Its not liberals.

Who wants to do away with publically funded commercial-free television? Conservatives.

Draw your own conclusions.

I never consider a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend.  Thomas Jefferson

Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind.
Albert Einstein

You can get anything you want out of life if you will just help enough other people get what they want. Zig Ziglar

http://www.nytimes.com/1991/03/29/opinion/why-i-m-for-the-brady-bill.html
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 07, 2012 - 1:20PM #10
arielg

Polar bears is just one aspect of the equation.

More than a conservative-liberal issue, burning coal is a matter of how humans peceive the environment in which they live. Either the planet is seen as a bunch of stuff to be used mindlessly by humans, regardless of  future  accumulated  consequences   (ignoring that what is done to it is ultimately done to opur selves and quality of living), or it is treated  with the  care owed a finite resource  and the wisdom   owed a living organism. Like one treats nuclear energy, for instance.

"Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect." Chief Seattle

There is a price to pay for every form of exploiting enegy for human consumption.  Coal, used in an industrial scale, is  one of the worst. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 4  •  1 2 3 4 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook