Switch to Forum Live View Gingrich 's New Chapter: Chapter 7
2 years ago  ::  Apr 05, 2012 - 3:12PM #1
Fodaoson

Gingrich group files for bankruptcy
In another black eye for Newt Gingrich, the flagship of what's known in Washington as "Newt, Inc.," has filed for bankruptcy.

firstread.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/04/05...

“I seldom make the mistake of arguing with people for whose opinions I have no respect.” Edward Gibbon
"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 05, 2012 - 3:21PM #2
mecdukebec

I believe that's it's been well-known for a while that the Newtmentum is bankrupt. 

"Wesley told the early Methodists to gain all they could and save all they could so that they could give all they could. It means that I consider my money to belong to God and I see myself as one of the hungry people who needs to get fed with God’s money. If I really have put all my trust in Jesus Christ as savior and Lord, then nothing I have is really my own anymore."
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 05, 2012 - 3:51PM #3
rangerken

If this helps Gingrich to just go away I will be very happy. He is not helping the Republican cause at all right now. And since I just want whomever the Republican candidate is to beat Obama, Gingrich can help that by shutting the hell up...for now at least...until after the nom,ination is done. THEN, he could be a useful carefully timed 'missile' for the Repubs to aim at selected democrat targets...and I'd be all for that of course.

I'm for the most conservative candidate who is electable...as usual.... and right now that appears to be Romney.

BUT...I do so wish a viable libertarian candidate was available...alas... probably not in my lifetime...'sigh'.

Ken

Libertarian, Conservative, Life member of the NRA and VFW
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 05, 2012 - 5:58PM #4
teilhard

Maybe the $500,000 Line of Credit at Tiffany and The Greek Yachting Vacation weren't such Good Ideas, after all ... ???

Wait a Minute ... !!!  I thought that "Ideas" were what Newtie was all ABOUT (than which) ...???

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 05, 2012 - 8:08PM #5
REteach

Deadbeats filing for bankruptcy and forcing taxpayers to cover for their extravagant spending. 

I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize what you heard was not what I meant...
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 05, 2012 - 8:20PM #6
Unworthyone

Apr 5, 2012 -- 3:51PM, rangerken wrote:

I'm for the most conservative candidate who is electable...

The most conservative candidate who is electable is Barrack Obama.

I never consider a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend.  Thomas Jefferson

Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind.
Albert Einstein

You can get anything you want out of life if you will just help enough other people get what they want. Zig Ziglar

Here's the difference between a capitalist society and a communist society:  Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's the other way around.
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 05, 2012 - 8:34PM #7
TENAC

Apr 5, 2012 -- 8:08PM, REteach wrote:

Deadbeats filing for bankruptcy and forcing taxpayers to cover for their extravagant spending. 

Does that go for everybody?  You favor repealing all bankruptcy rules?

Any man can count the seeds in an apple....
.......but only God can count the apples in the seeds.
Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook