Switch to Forum Live View Anybody but Obamney
3 years ago  ::  Apr 04, 2012 - 9:18PM #1
ted08721
Came across this article it was what I had been thinking about hearing that the ranks of independant voters were growing.
I know I have committed not to vote for either candidates of the two major parties.

www.digitaljournal.com/article/322271#ix...
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 09, 2012 - 4:09PM #2
catboxer

I'm with U, Ted, & will cast my vote for someone other than Baritt Obomney.

The debate surrounding the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act illustrates the impoverishment of our political life. Here is a law that had its origin in the right-wing Heritage Foundation, was first put into practice in 2006 in Massachusetts by then-Gov. Mitt Romney and was solidified into federal law after corporate lobbyists wrote legislation with more than 2,000 pages. It is a law that forces American citizens to buy a deeply defective product from private insurance companies. It is a law that is the equivalent of the bank bailout bill—some $447 billion in subsidies for insurance interests alone—for the pharmaceutical and insurance industries. It is a law that is unconstitutional. And it is a law by which President Barack Obama, and his corporate backers, extinguished the possibilities of both the public option and Medicare for all Americans. There is no substantial difference between Obamacare and Romneycare. There is no substantial difference between Obama and Romney. They are abject servants of the corporate state. And if you vote for one you vote for the other.

--by Chris Hedges at Truthout:

truth-out.org/news/item/8407-the-real-he...

Adepto vestri stercore simul.ttr
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 09, 2012 - 4:48PM #3
teilhard

There hasn't been any FLAWLESS Legislation passed for a long Time ...

In Fact, the last PERFECT Bill was ... ???

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 09, 2012 - 4:54PM #4
catboxer

It's not a question of perfection, but of acceptability.

It makes not a hoot in hell to me whether the stupid Bush tax cuts, which are about half the problem, are extended enthusiastically or with deep regrets and misgivings. Either way, they're just as extended, and that's not acceptable.

This is the year of living obomniously.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 09, 2012 - 5:06PM #5
teilhard

I think the Problem lies not in The Parties or in The Stars ... but in ourselves ...

We have IMHO become essentially virtually ungovernable -- lazy, selfish, WAAAAAY too individualistic, and DEMANDING to be pandered-to ...

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 09, 2012 - 5:18PM #6
catboxer

So, we're changing the topic now? From the inadequacies and betrayals of the Obama administration to the selfishness and lusts of the American people?

I don't blame you.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 09, 2012 - 5:32PM #7
teilhard

No ... I'm saying that WE, The American People, get The Government we ASK for (demand) ...

Apr 9, 2012 -- 5:18PM, catboxer wrote:

So, we're changing the topic now? From the inadequacies and betrayals of the Obama administration to the selfishness and lusts of the American people?

I don't blame you.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 09, 2012 - 5:55PM #8
Druac

Apr 9, 2012 -- 5:32PM, teilhard wrote:

No ... I'm saying that WE, The American People, get The Government we ASK for (demand) ...

I don't blame you.

+1

The powers-that-be have also taken FULL ADVANTAGE of this...but I think you nailed it...we get what we deserve...as a whole.

Jesus Is My Savior...He Saves Me From REALITY!
---------------------------------------------
We created god in our own image and likeness!
[George Carlin]
"Reason & Logic" - A Damn Good Slogan!
"Religion is an insult to human dignity. With or without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion." - Steven Weinberg, an American physicist
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 09, 2012 - 6:08PM #9
teilhard

I've served as a "Precinct Chair" for a number of Years, very active on Campaign Committees, out-there-on-the-Street in every Electoral Cycle ... While Door-knocking and Lit-dropping I have heard Complaints, "I didn't get to choose the Candidates ... !!!," and "I'm not Part of the Process ... !!!," and blah-blah-blah -- from Folks who didn't ATTEND, didn't PARTICIPATE in, their local Precinct Caucuses (but instead stayed Home, watching TV, etc., etc.) ... Duh ...

Apr 9, 2012 -- 5:55PM, Druac wrote:

Apr 9, 2012 -- 5:32PM, teilhard wrote:

I don't blame you.

+1

The powers-that-be have also taken FULL ADVANTAGE of this...but I think you nailed it...we get what we deserve...as a whole.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 09, 2012 - 9:18PM #10
Bodean

I don't really care who wins the Presidency.

My hope is for the Senate to go to the GOP.

Then we can have some true negotiation once again.  The GOP governed Congress will Negotiate with Obamney .. as I really don't see a whole lot of difference between Romney and Obama.  Either way, you guys get a Democrat for the POTUS.

Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook