Page 1 of 15  •  1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 15 Next
Switch to Forum Live View Helen Thomas Honored at PLO Event in Washington
2 years ago  ::  Apr 02, 2012 - 6:58PM #1
rocketjsquirell
Honoring haters is something of a tradition for the PLO. And why should it not be? After all they are a hate group.

Helen Thomas Honored at PLO Event in Washington

The High Commission for the Palestine Liberation Organization (PLO) in Washington honored American journalist and anti-Semite, Helen Thomas, according to a report in the Arabic Palestine Press Agency, translated by the Elder of Ziyyon blog.

Thomas, the daughter of Lebanese immigrants, exposed her anti-Semitic prejudices in June of 2010 when she stated that Jews "should get the hell out of Palestine."

. . .
Hanan Ashrawi, member of the Executive Committee of the PLO, also participated in the event and presented Thomas with a medal of recognition, on behalf of President Mahmoud Abbas.

Ashrawi relayed Abbas' gratitude for all that Thomas has done in support of the 'Palestinian' cause.
. . .
full article:
www.virtualjerusalem.com/news.php?Itemid...

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 03, 2012 - 2:38AM #2
shmuelgoldstein

Of course, this is to be expected.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 03, 2012 - 6:28AM #3
Dostojevsky

Why should the things she said be taken as 'hateful'? If we all take every criticism against us as hateful, this world will go down the plug-hole in a hurryYell

Moderated by Merope on Apr 03, 2012 - 05:43PM
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 03, 2012 - 9:22AM #4
rocketjsquirell

Perhaps you have forgotten what Ms. Thomas said. You can read some of it in the article cited. Her statement was ignorant and hateful.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 03, 2012 - 1:23PM #5
rocketjsquirell

Ambassador Michael Oren (From his facebook page - www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=10000001...)

I was appalled by the award ceremony given by the PLO delegation in Washington to Helen Thomas, who has been completely shunned by all decent Americans after making anti-Semitic remarks.

Along with teaching Palestinian children to hate the Jewish State and to glorify suicide bombers, this atrocious act is an indication of the Palestinian Authority’s failure to meet the basic requisites of peace.

Moderated by Merope on Apr 03, 2012 - 05:48PM
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 03, 2012 - 3:47PM #6
SherriMunnerlyn

I think Helen Thomas is a brave and beautiful person, and the world would be a much better place with more people like her in it.

I think anyone who hears Michel Oren criticize them should feel honored, when Israeli Fascists  like him say bad  things about you, you are doing something right. You are taking a stand that you need to be taking. His criticism is a badge of honor to proudly wear, to feel honored by, a cross to enthusiastically run and embrace and lay claim to. Encountering opposition is a sign a person is doing the right thing, the moral thing, the righteous thing, the Godly thing. That is what makes life meaningful, worth living.

As Christians I respect  often say, like my preacher, if you are not making somebody in our world mad, not encountering opposition/persecution in your life, you are doing something wrong. The world is not our home, we are reminded of often.

Injustice surrounds us in our world today, and speaking against it, as Helen Thomas has done, and people of conscience are called upon to do, invites criticism and opposition.

I respect and admire Helen Thomas, and I am happy to see her honored for the stands she has taken against Injustice.

Sherri

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 03, 2012 - 4:09PM #7
LeahOne

Sherri, by that 'logic' since so many truly awful people express hatred towards Jews - we would be the most wonderful people on the planet! : ))

I find it impossible to take seriously, let alone respect, any view which involves carelessly tossing around the label 'Fascist' so frequently.  Especially when coupled with the many comments about how terrible it is to 'demonize people by putting negative labels on them'.  Didn't we read something like that about using the word 'terrorist'?

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 03, 2012 - 10:59PM #8
SherriMunnerlyn

Apr 3, 2012 -- 4:09PM, LeahOne wrote:

Sherri, by that 'logic' since so many truly awful people express hatred towards Jews - we would be the most wonderful people on the planet! : ))

I find it impossible to take seriously, let alone respect, any view which involves carelessly tossing around the label 'Fascist' so frequently.  Especially when coupled with the many comments about how terrible it is to 'demonize people by putting negative labels on them'.  Didn't we read something like that about using the word 'terrorist'?

LeahOne,

Fascist states are not a new creation, there is nothing unique about Israel's emerging Fascism, that has been widely written about.

People may choose to face uncomfortable truths or run from them.

Sherri

Moderated by rangerken on Apr 04, 2012 - 12:14AM
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 03, 2012 - 11:49PM #9
LeahOne

dictionary.reference.com/browse/fascism

I don't see where this definition applies to Israel.  In the post above, the word 'fascist'is applied to Israel and to Ambassador Oren improperly and undeservedly. 

Moderated by rangerken on Apr 04, 2012 - 12:19AM
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 04, 2012 - 12:23AM #10
rangerken

Two things... and my own opinions

1. Israel is very obviously NOT facist and calling Israel that just demonstrates that whomever does it doesn't know what facism actually was and is.

2. Helen Thomas is a washed up, has been, former reporter who somehow managed to maintain a prominent position in the Washington press corps until she...unintentionaly I'm sure...let her real feelings and vitriol sleip out. then she was immediately, and rightly ostracized.

Ken

Libertarian, Conservative, Life member of the NRA and VFW
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 15  •  1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 15 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook