Page 5 of 15  •  Prev 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 15 Next
Switch to Forum Live View Helen Thomas Honored at PLO Event in Washington
2 years ago  ::  Apr 07, 2012 - 12:39AM #41
LeahOne

There ARE no Jews with no clear connection to the Land of Judea/Israel.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 07, 2012 - 11:39AM #42
LeahOne

"I'm sure that when it's said, I note it differently.  Helen Thomas' comments hit a chord with you in the same way that such comments about Arabs hit a chord with me.  I do notice how comments about Palestinians being a new invention, how the land was vacent when the Europeans arrived, and how Palestinians should move on to Jordan, etc. don't raise the kind of concern that this woman's opinion does.  I'm not surprised that anyone is surprised that this issue's been raised."

Miraj, please excuse my simply taking your quote above to address directly:  I hate to keep quoting quotes....and anyway I'm going on a SLIGHT tangent.

When Jews read the Hebrew Bible, we do not read a verse at a time - nor do we do 'proof texting' as Christians and Muslims seem to do.  This MAY account for a somewhat different perspective even here.

Helen Thomas has also stated that 'the Jews own the White House'.  And that she is not sorry for her words we've already been discussiong.

So it appears that Sherri is mistaken - to be generous! - in stating as fact that Thomas meant as Sherri interprets.

I do not have the original 'Playboy' interview available - but if this article is not total fabrication, then there is NO justification for admiring the bigot and hater who said these words ON the record:www.politico.com/blogs/onmedia/0311/Hele...

"[The Jews are] using their power, and they have power in every direction,” she told Playboy. “Power over the White House, power over Congress … Everybody is in the pocket of the Israeli lobbies, which are funded by wealthy supporters, including those from Hollywood. Same thing with the financial markets. There's total control … It isn't the 2 percent. It's real power when you own the White House, when you own these other places in terms of your political persuasion. Of course they have power. [To the interviewer] You don't deny that. You're Jewish, aren't you?"

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 07, 2012 - 11:58AM #43
LeahOne

There appears to be considerable evidence that Thomas' remarks were NOT any kind fo abberation, exception, or 'mistake':

www.washingtontimes.com/news/2012/apr/4/...

www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/ar...

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 07, 2012 - 3:19PM #44
BDboy

Apr 3, 2012 -- 4:09PM, LeahOne wrote:

Sherri, by that 'logic' since so many truly awful people express hatred towards Jews - we would be the most wonderful people on the planet! : ))

I find it impossible to take seriously, let alone respect, any view which involves carelessly tossing around the label 'Fascist' so frequently.  Especially when coupled with the many comments about how terrible it is to 'demonize people by putting negative labels on them'.  Didn't we read something like that about using the word 'terrorist'?

>>>>>> Help me out here. Could anyone clarify if Helen Thomas spoke against Jews or Israel and it's policies?

Maybe I missed something....

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 07, 2012 - 3:28PM #45
BDboy

Apr 7, 2012 -- 11:39AM, LeahOne wrote:

"I'm sure that when it's said, I note it differently.  Helen Thomas' comments hit a chord with you in the same way that such comments about Arabs hit a chord with me.  I do notice how comments about Palestinians being a new invention, how the land was vacent when the Europeans arrived, and how Palestinians should move on to Jordan, etc. don't raise the kind of concern that this woman's opinion does.  I'm not surprised that anyone is surprised that this issue's been raised."

Miraj, please excuse my simply taking your quote above to address directly:  I hate to keep quoting quotes....and anyway I'm going on a SLIGHT tangent.

When Jews read the Hebrew Bible, we do not read a verse at a time - nor do we do 'proof texting' as Christians and Muslims seem to do.  This MAY account for a somewhat different perspective even here.

Helen Thomas has also stated that 'the Jews own the White House'.  And that she is not sorry for her words we've already been discussiong.

So it appears that Sherri is mistaken - to be generous! - in stating as fact that Thomas meant as Sherri interprets.

I do not have the original 'Playboy' interview available - but if this article is not total fabrication, then there is NO justification for admiring the bigot and hater who said these words ON the record:www.politico.com/blogs/onmedia/0311/Hele...

"[The Jews are] using their power, and they have power in every direction,” she told Playboy. “Power over the White House, power over Congress … Everybody is in the pocket of the Israeli lobbies, which are funded by wealthy supporters, including those from Hollywood. Same thing with the financial markets. There's total control … It isn't the 2 percent. It's real power when you own the White House, when you own these other places in terms of your political persuasion. Of course they have power. [To the interviewer] You don't deny that. You're Jewish, aren't you?"

>>>>>>>> It is one thing to criticise Israeli polices or Israeli-US lobby. Even in doing that, she should have explained more to establish her points. Othewise she can be misunderstood.

For example in US policies most followers of US policy on ME knows power of Israeli lobby. But I guess Helen Thomas was rude in talking in that manner. I read an article on this issue and it explains why some people agrees with Israeli power in the US.

American most of the time respect freedom of speech. But a little explanation before making such 'Bold" comments can help to remove misunderstanding.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 07, 2012 - 6:29PM #46
rocketjsquirell

Apr 7, 2012 -- 3:19PM, BDboy wrote:

Apr 3, 2012 -- 4:09PM, LeahOne wrote:

Sherri, by that 'logic' since so many truly awful people express hatred towards Jews - we would be the most wonderful people on the planet! : ))

I find it impossible to take seriously, let alone respect, any view which involves carelessly tossing around the label 'Fascist' so frequently.  Especially when coupled with the many comments about how terrible it is to 'demonize people by putting negative labels on them'.  Didn't we read something like that about using the word 'terrorist'?

>>>>>> Help me out here. Could anyone clarify if Helen Thomas spoke against Jews or Israel and it's policies?

She has done both. Like all other haters she makes no distinction between the two and really has no concern whther what she is saying has any basis in fact.  Perhaps you are familiar with that particular malady?

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 07, 2012 - 9:09PM #47
LeahOne

What part of 'JEWS' did you not understand in those quotes I listed above, BDBoy?

Thomas did NOT Say  'Israeli settlers' or 'the Israel lobby':  she said 'JEWS'.

Some people will do *anything* to keep from recongizing the Jew-murdering hatred in others' words......

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 07, 2012 - 9:23PM #48
LeahOne

BDBoy, it isn't 'rude' when a reporter presents hate speech and conspiranutter filth as 'facts'.

Nor is it 'rude' when some random anonymous ID on a chat board links to a European

op-ed' piece which 'asks a question' - and pretends that that is a reoprt on facts.

And no matter how many times Thomas repeats that kind of stunt - and how many times you or others present innuendo and hate speech as 'fact' in trying to pretend Thomas is not a raging bigot - it still does not exonerate Thomas, or make the hate speech into truth.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 08, 2012 - 4:57AM #49
Dostojevsky

What's hateful about Thomas saying Jews own White House?

Would Russians complain if she had said Russians own White House?

Australia owns White House? Wooppee*

If anybody is to complain it is Americans whose allegiance is not divided, to America first and foremost. They should demand explanations from  the White House and to clear other allegations she had made, not sweep it under the carpet.

Perhaps Leah could tell us how many Jewish Senators in White House: one, two....

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 08, 2012 - 9:16AM #50
KindredSai

When Helen Thomas told Jews to go back to Poland, Russia and so forth. Leaders like Lieberman and many Zionists say the same thing about Palestinians, whether it's Jordan or Venezuela.

There's a double standards by Pro-Israelis who moan about prejudice. The Israeli party line is built on the prejudice, that Palestinians are treated differently because they don't follow the Jewish narrative.

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 5 of 15  •  Prev 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 15 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook