Switch to Forum Live View Romneys react to "Mad Men" episode
3 years ago  ::  Apr 02, 2012 - 5:02PM #1
Ironhold
link

This past Sunday's episode of "Mad Men" took a dig at Gov. George Romney, Mitt's father.

The Romney campaign isn't laughing, and in fact one of Mitt's sons took to Twitter to vent his frustrations.

The campaign sees this as a direct insult to the Romney family, which they feel is even more odious due to the fact that it's an election year.

So - thoughts?
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 02, 2012 - 5:40PM #2
mecdukebec

Odious? 

"Wesley told the early Methodists to gain all they could and save all they could so that they could give all they could. It means that I consider my money to belong to God and I see myself as one of the hungry people who needs to get fed with God’s money. If I really have put all my trust in Jesus Christ as savior and Lord, then nothing I have is really my own anymore."
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 02, 2012 - 5:48PM #3
catboxer

I guess the Romneysians don't want the TV to remind people that Willard is a dynast.

On the radio, Romney's wife said that we need to "unzip him" if we want to see "the real" Mittens.

news.yahoo.com/wisconsin-gop-primaries-t...

None for me, thanx. I already know more about him than I ever wanted to.

Adepto vestri stercore simul.ttr
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 02, 2012 - 6:17PM #4
mecdukebec

Apr 2, 2012 -- 5:48PM, catboxer wrote:

I guess the Romneysians don't want the TV to remind people that Willard is a dynast.

On the radio, Romney's wife said that we need to "unzip him" if we want to see "the real" Mittens.

news.yahoo.com/wisconsin-gop-primaries-t...

None for me, thanx. I already know more about him than I ever wanted to.

Willard, R-money, is of the genus discovered by the late, great Kevin McCarthy in The Body Snatchers.  Unzipped, as it were, or un-podded, Willard, R-money, is from another world:

On the other hand, I heard yesterday on This Sunday with Gawge Stephanopoulos, Ms Ann Coulter endorse Willard, R-money:  You know, you're "in clover," when a transvestite with an Adam's Apple endorses you for "High Office." 

"Wesley told the early Methodists to gain all they could and save all they could so that they could give all they could. It means that I consider my money to belong to God and I see myself as one of the hungry people who needs to get fed with God’s money. If I really have put all my trust in Jesus Christ as savior and Lord, then nothing I have is really my own anymore."
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 02, 2012 - 7:42PM #5
Druac

Actually, placing myself in their shoes, for just a second, it would proably tick me off as well.

Jesus Is My Savior...He Saves Me From REALITY!
---------------------------------------------
We created god in our own image and likeness!
[George Carlin]
"Reason & Logic" - A Damn Good Slogan!
"Religion is an insult to human dignity. With or without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion." - Steven Weinberg, an American physicist
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 02, 2012 - 8:44PM #6
Girlchristian

Apr 2, 2012 -- 7:42PM, Druac wrote:

Actually, placing myself in their shoes, for just a second, it would proably tick me off as well.

Agreed. I normally say family members should be off limits.

"No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible." George Chakiris

“For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible.” Stuart Chase
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 02, 2012 - 10:12PM #7
REteach

Yes, although I do think back to Mitt's rambling anecdote about how his father closed plants in Michigan, then moved to Wisconsin, then moved back to Michigan and how the politicos around him were so upset the band accompanying Romney kept playing "On Wisconsin" because they thought it would remind people of the plant closings.  I wondered when I heard it why he thought a story about people losing their jobs was cute and funny.  

I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize what you heard was not what I meant...
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 03, 2012 - 10:53AM #8
Find1Answer

Apr 2, 2012 -- 10:12PM, REteach wrote:

Yes, although I do think back to Mitt's rambling anecdote about how his father closed plants in Michigan, then moved to Wisconsin, then moved back to Michigan and how the politicos around him were so upset the band accompanying Romney kept playing "On Wisconsin" because they thought it would remind people of the plant closings.  I wondered when I heard it why he thought a story about people losing their jobs was cute and funny.  

another good MM line from that episode was that war making was a great business model,   millions to build a bomb and it is only used once.   And in this example it was the  VietNam war.

Bush's "de-Bathification program" eliminated all vestiges of Sunni power in Iraqi society and set the stage for the Sunni insurrection against American occupation and the new Shiite-led government. Bush disbanded the entire Sunni-dominated Iraqi Army and bureaucracy. He didn't change it. He didn't make it more inclusive of Shiites and Kurds. He just disbanded it. It is no accident that two of the top commanders of today's ISIL are former commanders in the Saddam-era Iraqi military.
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 03, 2012 - 3:27PM #9
Erey

It is annoying when hollywood acts all righteous and self important by insulting other people.  The Romney camp have every right to feel offended.  It is going to get worse before it gets better. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 03, 2012 - 5:12PM #10
Jasr

This is almost as good as Dan Quayle arguing with Murphy Brown.

The Romneys need to get over themselves. They will just increase Mad Men's ratings by reacting to it.

Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook