Post Reply
Page 1 of 11  •  1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 11 Next
Switch to Forum Live View Is Piers Morgan a racist?
2 years ago  ::  Apr 01, 2012 - 1:18PM #1
voice-crying
Posts: 7,087

When I read that Piers Morgan called Tour'e: a "tedious little twerp" I didn't know what that meant. So, I looked it up.

A "twerp" is a: "silly, insignificant, contemptible person." This same description has been used for hundreds of years to describe former slaves.  Piers Morgan might just as well have called Tour'e a: 14-9-7-7-5-18.

And, Tour'e stooped to Piers' level by not staying on topic which was...the news media (especially) Piers should not be allowing people who don't know what they are talking about to be on TV defending Zimmerman...i.e. his lying brother.

www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2012/03/3...

Piers Morgan is worst than a racist.

"Death and life [are] in the power of the tongue: and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof."Proverbs 18:21
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 01, 2012 - 1:37PM #2
Find1Answer
Posts: 7,045

Apr 1, 2012 -- 1:18PM, voice-crying wrote:

When I read that Piers Morgan called Tour'e: a "tedious little twerp" I didn't know what that meant. So, I looked it up.

A "twerp" is a: "silly, insignificant, contemptible person." This same description has been used for hundreds of years to describe former slaves.  Piers Morgan might just as well have called Tour'e a: 14-9-7-7-5-18.

And, Tour'e stooped to Piers' level by not staying on topic which was...the news media (especially) Piers should not be allowing people who don't know what they are talking about to be on TV defending Zimmerman...i.e. his lying brother.

www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2012/03/3...

Piers Morgan is worst than a racist.


he is certainly an idiot and does not play well in the US.    From the few times I have watched him he is out of touch.     But isn't he is the thick of the illegal tapping into phones debacle with the Murdoch broadcasting empire?     

If you lose one sense, your other senses are enhanced.
That's why when people lose their sense of humor, their sense of self-importance is enhanced..
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 01, 2012 - 2:14PM #3
Marcion
Posts: 2,883

I see no evidence that Piers is a racist.


The Reverend Al -now there's a dangerous racist.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 01, 2012 - 2:16PM #4
Ed.W
Posts: 9,407

Apr 1, 2012 -- 1:18PM, voice-crying wrote:


  Piers Morgan might just as well have called Tour'e a: 14-9-7-7-5-18.





You mean a 6-4-4-4-3-7.


But I can't believe Morgan still has a show.

Have you got anything I can sink my teeth into?
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 01, 2012 - 2:18PM #5
Fodaoson
Posts: 10,941

Well, I think that  a threshold had been breached.  Some many persons have been labeled, or questioned as if they are, racist that it has lost its  impact and it reference to a a social problem. If someone has to look up in a dictionary what a twerp is and then thinks  twerp equates to the  ‘n ‘ needs to get out more         

“I seldom make the mistake of arguing with people for whose opinions I have no respect.” Edward Gibbon
"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 01, 2012 - 2:24PM #6
Roodog
Posts: 10,168

"Twerp" is not a nice word but it is no racial slur by a country mile.

For those who have faith, no explanation is neccessary.
For those who have no faith, no explanation is possible.

St. Thomas Aquinas

If one turns his ear from hearing the Law, even his prayer is an abomination. Proverbs 28:9
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 01, 2012 - 2:48PM #7
rabello
Posts: 19,350

Apr 1, 2012 -- 1:18PM, voice-crying wrote:


When I read that Piers Morgan called Tour'e: a "tedious little twerp" I didn't know what that meant. So, I looked it up.

A "twerp" is a: "silly, insignificant, contemptible person." This same description has been used for hundreds of years to describe former slaves.  Piers Morgan might just as well have called Tour'e a: 14-9-7-7-5-18.

And, Tour'e stooped to Piers' level by not staying on topic which was...the news media (especially) Piers should not be allowing people who don't know what they are talking about to be on TV defending Zimmerman...i.e. his lying brother.

www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2012/03/3...

Piers Morgan is worst than a racist.




He is not a legitimate journalist, he is an info-tainment specialist, not much different than Larry King, who would just as quickly devote an hour to interviewing a Grand Cyclops as he would the family of a lynching victim the very next night, and call all of it a day's work in being "objective".


I agree with Tour'e that Morgan hasn't been in the country long enough to even begin to understand the racial prejudices that have been uncovered by this horrible shooting of Trayvon Martin.


But, there is a slight benefit to Morgan's giving the lying Zimmermans such latitude:  it appears that the whole family is as delusional and manipulative as is the Shooter Zimmerman.   Funny that the two brothers haven't spoken to each other in 20-some years, according to the Shooter Zimmerman's own lawyer.


Thank you for providing the definition of "twerp".  Who could have guessed it has a link to American slaves.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 01, 2012 - 3:55PM #8
JohnQ
Posts: 5,544

Apr 1, 2012 -- 2:48PM, rabello wrote:


But, there is a slight benefit to Morgan's giving the lying Zimmermans such latitude:  it appears that the whole family is as delusional and manipulative as is the Shooter Zimmerman.   Funny that the two brothers haven't spoken to each other in 20-some years, according to the Shooter Zimmerman's own lawyer.




Perhaps George Zimmerman is "delusional".  But, I hardly think that his father, the former judge, is delusional.  Quite the contrary.....I think he is brilliant.  He and George's brother are succeeding in re-framing the incident in a way that could greatly benefit George.

Peace!                 
------

Christian LIES wed Christian HATE......Begot a child....it’s named Prop 8! 

Supreme Court let it stand.....which means we can vote away the rights of others in our land.

Sad as that may be...it hurts all of us.....not just me.
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 01, 2012 - 4:07PM #9
rabello
Posts: 19,350

Apr 1, 2012 -- 3:55PM, JohnQ wrote:


Apr 1, 2012 -- 2:48PM, rabello wrote:


But, there is a slight benefit to Morgan's giving the lying Zimmermans such latitude:  it appears that the whole family is as delusional and manipulative as is the Shooter Zimmerman.   Funny that the two brothers haven't spoken to each other in 20-some years, according to the Shooter Zimmerman's own lawyer.




Perhaps George Zimmerman is "delusional".  But, I hardly think that his father, the former judge, is delusional.  Quite the contrary.....I think he is brilliant.  He and George's brother are succeeding in re-framing the incident in a way that could greatly benefit George.




You are right.  One of the analysts on a CNN news program (a real news program, not Piers Morgan's variety show) said the manipulation by the Zimmermans is "frightening"

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 01, 2012 - 5:39PM #10
voice-crying
Posts: 7,087

Apr 1, 2012 -- 1:37PM, Find1Answer wrote:


"...But isn't he is the thick of the illegal tapping into phones debacle with the Murdoch broadcasting empire?     




Yes...But, I have a feeling he may have sung his way out of it.

"Death and life [are] in the power of the tongue: and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof."Proverbs 18:21
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 11  •  1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 11 Next
 
    Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

    Beliefnet On Facebook