Page 2 of 9  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 9 Next
Switch to Forum Live View Michelle Duggar tells CBN We Could Fit the Entire Planet of 7 Billion+ People in Jacksonville, Fla
2 years ago  ::  Apr 01, 2012 - 8:46PM #11
Roodog

Food, water, shelter, sewage and electicity for 7 billion folks would require more logistcs than for the population of Jacksonville. 

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jacksonville,_Flor...

For those who have faith, no explanation is neccessary.
For those who have no faith, no explanation is possible.

St. Thomas Aquinas

If one turns his ear from hearing the Law, even his prayer is an abomination. Proverbs 28:9
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 02, 2012 - 12:02AM #12
Erey

Boy you guys really seem to hate the Duggars.  Just vicious about them.  I guess that is not the kind of "diversity" and "tolerance"  you are normally so proud of?

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 02, 2012 - 12:27AM #13
solfeggio

LOL  - Well, anyway, why Jacksonville, Florida of all places?  Why not London or Moscow or Sydney?

Not knowing who this person is, I looked her up in Wiki, and I see that she is a conservative Christian (why does this not surprise me?), is married to a guy named Jim Bob (Oh, brother), lives in Arkansas, and has a bunch of kids with biblical names.

Remember what Bill Clinton used to say about Arkansas?  'Thank god for Mississippi.'

Those facts alone should tell you something about this couple and their idiotic philosophy.  One can only hope that this sort of moronic thinking is not shared by very many other Americans.

LOL

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 02, 2012 - 8:51AM #14
newsjunkie

Apr 2, 2012 -- 12:02AM, Erey wrote:

Boy you guys really seem to hate the Duggars.  Just vicious about them.  I guess that is not the kind of "diversity" and "tolerance"  you are normally so proud of?

Even though I don't think it's wise or worthy of some kind of special admiration to give birth to 19 children, I support her right to make that choice. Same for Nadia Suleman (sp?), BKA "octomom."

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 02, 2012 - 3:26PM #15
Erey

Apr 2, 2012 -- 8:51AM, newsjunkie wrote:

Apr 2, 2012 -- 12:02AM, Erey wrote:

Even though I don't think it's wise or worthy of some kind of special admiration to give birth to 19 children, I support her right to make that choice. Same for Nadia Suleman (sp?), BKA "octomom."

Well being pro choice is about supporting OTHER PEOPLE having a choice.  Even if that choice is not one you would ever entertain making.  Being pro choice is not just about abortion it is also about the ability to CHOOSE the kind of family you want to have. 

One big difference between the Duggars and the Octomom is the Duggar children come from a family that can take care of the children.  Even though I personally would never be interested in having a uber large family in a resoulutely home-schooly, super-churchy, type of setting.  Those Duggar children seem to want for nothing. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 02, 2012 - 6:10PM #16
solfeggio

If those kids are being raised in the suffocating fundamentalist Christian atmosphere in which they're being taught that:

every word in the bible is absolutely true;

homosexuality is a sin;

Jews are Christ-killers;

no matter what the circumstances, abortion is always a sin;

evolution is a lie and Darwin was wrong;

climate change isn't happening; 

atheists are going to hell;

- or, in other words, that they will grow up to be uncompromising conservatives -

Then, yes, I'd say that those kids are being greatly harmed in their upbringing by their parents.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 02, 2012 - 6:31PM #17
mainecaptain

I agree Solfeggio

A tyrant must put on the appearance of uncommon devotion to religion. Subjects are less apprehensive of illegal treatment from a ruler whom they consider god-fearing and pious. On the other hand, they do less easily move against him, believing that he has the gods on his side. Aristotle
Never discourage anyone...who continually makes progress, no matter how slow. Plato..
"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives" Jackie Robinson
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 02, 2012 - 8:22PM #18
Erey

I think you both sound exactly like the mirror image of the fundamentalist, bigoted and judgemental coin.  The Duggars however flawed they are have nothing on you two. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 02, 2012 - 10:06PM #19
Fodaoson

Jacksonville  Florida  is the largest city(in area)in  the contiguous U.S.

I did not mention any  hate  toward the Duggars.  I shyer comment and it was in the context of the world population.  The  Duggars are a Reality  TV show family  with  19 Children. Their 20th was stillborn in the last trimester in December 2011.

I am not one to dis large families.   I am the 9th surviving child of 13 pregnancies, I have an aunt who raised 14 children to adult hood   

“I seldom make the mistake of arguing with people for whose opinions I have no respect.” Edward Gibbon
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 02, 2012 - 11:42PM #20
Ebon

I couldn't care less about her children and have never seen their show. I'm just of the opinion that three-quarters of humanity are morons.

He who oppresses the poor shows contempt for their Maker, but whoever is kind to the needy honors God. ~ Proverbs 14:31

Fiat justitia, ruat caelum

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 2 of 9  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 9 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook