Switch to Forum Live View Peggy Still Needs to say "Sorry"
2 years ago  ::  Mar 30, 2012 - 2:45PM #1
TENAC
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Mar 30, 2012 - 9:20PM #2
aarroottoonn

Mar 30, 2012 -- 2:45PM, TENAC wrote:

I still havent forgiven PNoonan for what I feel she, GWill, and other strong voiced conserivative writers/speakers did, help put obama in office, but she wrote with clarity here.

If you jumped into a time machine to the day after the election, in November, 2012, and saw a headline saying "Obama Loses," do you imagine that would be followed by widespread sadness, pain and a rending of garments? You do not. Even his own supporters will not be that sad. It's hard to imagine people running around in 2014 saying, "If only Obama were president!" Including Mr. Obama, who is said by all who know him to be deeply competitive, but who doesn't seem to like his job that much. As a former president he'd be quiet, detached, aloof. He'd make speeches and write a memoir laced with a certain high-toned bitterness. It was the Republicans' fault. They didn't want to work with him. 

This fall may be a bad time to have a narcistist in the WH.

It took only a couple of obama intitiatives to bring out the "MIss Me Yet?" billboards for GBush.

I think whenever Obama is gone, he will be a big proponent of the ultra left, sort of a young Jimmy Carter. He will probably find a way to rake in big dollars ala Al Gore, but I don't see him being a guy like Clinton, who is a great fundraiser, and does some charitable works, but as for picking winners and losers, almost always ends up on the short end.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Mar 30, 2012 - 11:13PM #3
JohnQ

Mar 30, 2012 -- 9:20PM, aarroottoonn wrote:

I still havent forgiven PNoonan for what I feel she, GWill, and other strong voiced conserivative writers/speakers did, help put obama in office, but she wrote with clarity here.

If you jumped into a time machine to the day after the election, in November, 2012, and saw a headline saying "Obama Loses," do you imagine that would be followed by widespread sadness, pain and a rending of garments? You do not. Even his own supporters will not be that sad. It's hard to imagine people running around in 2014 saying, "If only Obama were president!" Including Mr. Obama, who is said by all who know him to be deeply competitive, but who doesn't seem to like his job that much. As a former president he'd be quiet, detached, aloof. He'd make speeches and write a memoir laced with a certain high-toned bitterness. It was the Republicans' fault. They didn't want to work with him. 

It took only a couple of obama intitiatives to bring out the "MIss Me Yet?" billboards for GBush.

I think whenever Obama is gone, he will be a big proponent of the ultra left, sort of a young Jimmy Carter. He will probably find a way to rake in big dollars ala Al Gore, but I don't see him being a guy like Clinton, who is a great fundraiser, and does some charitable works, but as for picking winners and losers, almost always ends up on the short end.

What makes you think Obama will move from the center to the far left?

Peace!                 
------

Christian LIES wed Christian HATE......Begot a child....it’s named Prop 8! 

Supreme Court let it stand.....which means we can vote away the rights of others in our land.

Sad as that may be...it hurts all of us.....not just me.
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Mar 31, 2012 - 9:29AM #4
arielg

It will take much longer to bring out those  billboards.  Even for those of us  who don't worship Obama.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Mar 31, 2012 - 4:15PM #5
Fodaoson

Mar 31, 2012 -- 9:29AM, arielg wrote:

It will take much longer to bring out those  billboards.  Even for those of us  who don't worship Obama.

Yes at least another 58 months.   Cool

“I seldom make the mistake of arguing with people for whose opinions I have no respect.” Edward Gibbon
"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Mar 31, 2012 - 5:06PM #6
aarroottoonn

Mar 30, 2012 -- 11:13PM, JohnQ wrote:

Mar 30, 2012 -- 9:20PM, aarroottoonn wrote:

What makes you think Obama will move from the center to the far left?

Obama is about as close to the center as I am. Obama is on the edge of hard left/extreme left, in the same vein as Nancy Pelosi.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Mar 31, 2012 - 5:09PM #7
aarroottoonn

Mar 31, 2012 -- 9:29AM, arielg wrote:

I agree. That is one of the reasons Jeb Bush isn't running. The country my not really like Obama, but it still really doesn't like Bush the younger. Now what happens 20 years from now may be different

Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook