Page 1 of 4  •  1 2 3 4 Next
Switch to Forum Live View Mitt Romney’s cars will have their own elevator
3 years ago  ::  Mar 29, 2012 - 11:07AM #1
Kwinters
www.politico.com/news/stories/0312/74518...

Call me out of touch with the 1%, but why on earth would anyone need a car elevator???
Jesus had two dads, and he turned out alright.~ Andy Gussert

“Feminism has fought no wars. It has killed no opponents. It has set up no concentration camps, starved no enemies, practiced no cruelties. Its battles have been for education, for the vote, for better working conditions…for safety on the streets…for child care, for social welfare…for rape crisis centers, women’s refuges, reforms in the law.

If someone says, “Oh, I’m not a feminist,” I ask, “Why, what’s your problem?”

Dale Spender
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Mar 29, 2012 - 12:50PM #2
mainecaptain

Mar 29, 2012 -- 11:07AM, Kwinters wrote:

Call me out of touch with the 1%, but why on earth would anyone need a car elevator???

Yes his cars can have elevators, but the poor can die from lack of insurance coverage. That is romney in a nutshell

A tyrant must put on the appearance of uncommon devotion to religion. Subjects are less apprehensive of illegal treatment from a ruler whom they consider god-fearing and pious. On the other hand, they do less easily move against him, believing that he has the gods on his side. Aristotle
Never discourage anyone...who continually makes progress, no matter how slow. Plato..
"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives" Jackie Robinson
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Mar 29, 2012 - 12:55PM #3
lulu2

Good for him! No one suffers because he has been blessed. Or how he decides what is fun for him. Unless you give as much to charities of your choosing as he does... relative of course, to  your income..Otherwise, you are less charitible in essence, than he is? 

Without the Soul of Christ alive in us...we are nothing but empty shells...
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Mar 29, 2012 - 12:56PM #4
teilhard

Stop picking on "Mitt" ...

Wouldn't YOU want YOUR Spouse to have "a couple of Cadillacs" ... ???

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Mar 29, 2012 - 1:04PM #5
Girlchristian

Mar 29, 2012 -- 12:50PM, mainecaptain wrote:

Yes his cars can have elevators, but the poor can die from lack of insurance coverage. That is romney in a nutshell

If you can say this with a straight face then you obviously don't know that much about Romney. One of the things that many on the "right" hate about him is that he did create a health insurance plan for his state, which includes a mandate.

Who cares if Romney wants an elevator for his cars? We all could find something wrong in how others spend their money. My Director of Ops thinks anyone that spends the money on an iPhone is wasteful and stupid, which most of us here would disagree with.

"No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible." George Chakiris

“For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible.” Stuart Chase
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Mar 29, 2012 - 1:27PM #6
Roodog

Mar 29, 2012 -- 12:56PM, teilhard wrote:

Stop picking on "Mitt" ...

Wouldn't YOU want YOUR Spouse to have "a couple of Cadillacs" ... ???

Hell no!

I can't afford the insurance!

For those who have faith, no explanation is neccessary.
For those who have no faith, no explanation is possible.

St. Thomas Aquinas

If one turns his ear from hearing the Law, even his prayer is an abomination. Proverbs 28:9
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Mar 30, 2012 - 5:28AM #7
Kwinters

Mar 29, 2012 -- 12:55PM, lulu2 wrote:

Good for him! No one suffers because he has been blessed. Or how he decides what is fun for him. Unless you give as much to charities of your choosing as he does... relative of course, to  your income..Otherwise, you are less charitible in essence, than he is? 

? Really?

Are you a Christian? Do you even know what Jesus taught people to do with their wealth?

“Feminism has fought no wars. It has killed no opponents. It has set up no concentration camps, starved no enemies, practiced no cruelties. Its battles have been for education, for the vote, for better working conditions…for safety on the streets…for child care, for social welfare…for rape crisis centers, women’s refuges, reforms in the law.

Dale Spender
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Mar 30, 2012 - 5:32AM #8
Kwinters

Mar 29, 2012 -- 1:04PM, Girlchristian wrote:

If you can say this with a straight face then you obviously don't know that much about Romney. One of the things that many on the "right" hate about him is that he did create a health insurance plan for his state, which includes a mandate.

Who cares if Romney wants an elevator for his cars? We all could find something wrong in how others spend their money. My Director of Ops thinks anyone that spends the money on an iPhone is wasteful and stupid, which most of us here would disagree with.

Of course Mr. Etch-a-sketch has a whole different view about health care now.

The fact is that Romney does not understand how ordinary people live.  He is clueless about what the experience of ordinary Americans is.

All he wants to do is give the owners of capital more power, more wealth, and turn everyone else into wage slaves.

Romney wants to convince you that slavery is freedom.  Don't be duped.  You are nothing to him but what you can produce for profit. He's happy to let you go untreated, to live in poverty, and to bankrupt yourself and your whole family paying for health care.

Dale Spender
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Mar 30, 2012 - 7:44AM #9
arielg

The fact is that Romney does not understand how ordinary people live.  He is clueless about what the experience of ordinary Americans is.

All he wants to do is give the owners of capital more power, more wealth, and turn everyone else into wage slaves.

Romney wants to convince you that slavery is freedom.  Don't be duped.  You are nothing to him but what you can produce for profit. He's happy to let you go untreated, to live in poverty, and to bankrupt yourself and your whole family paying for health care.

What is there to understand about how poor people live?  They spend less money and engage in less activities because they don't have the means.  How is that more virtuous? I don't know myself what the experience of "ordinary Americans" is and I am not rich.

You probably think yours is an objective analysis, but is just envy and rich-hating.  Car elevators put people to work as opposed to leaving them on the street, which is what  poor people do.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Mar 30, 2012 - 10:10AM #10
Girlchristian

Mar 30, 2012 -- 5:32AM, Kwinters wrote:

Mar 29, 2012 -- 1:04PM, Girlchristian wrote:

Of course Mr. Etch-a-sketch has a whole different view about health care now.

Romney thinks health care and mandates should be left to the individual states and not the federal gov't, something which most conservatives, including me, agree with. I live in a Republican run state and we've had a state health insurance plan for years.

"No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible." George Chakiris

“For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible.” Stuart Chase
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 4  •  1 2 3 4 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook