Page 1 of 12  •  1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 12 Next
Switch to Forum Live View Video shows no apparent injuries on Zimmerman
2 years ago  ::  Mar 29, 2012 - 9:55AM #1
mytmouse57

Video taken shortly after the Martin Shooting does not appear to support George Zimmerman's contention that he was being severly pummeled by the teenager at the time of the shooting.
Still, his attorney contends the footage is "grainy," and Zimmerman had gotten first aid and been cleaned up somewhat before the video was taken.

Article:
usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/03/29/10...

Excerpt:

Surveillance video footage of George Zimmerman being led from a police car shortly after he fatally shot teenager Trayvon Martin does not appear to show any injuries or bloodstains, but his attorney says the video is too grainy to be revealing.

The footage, obtained by ABC News on Wednesday, shows a handcuffed Zimmerman getting out of the police car unaided and walking into the police station where he was taken after the shooting in Sanford, Fla.

It was taken about four hours after the deadly incident. 

There are no visible signs of injuries to Zimmerman's head or blood on his clothes. However, he is wearing a red jacket, which could obscure blood stains.

Appearing on NBC's TODAY on Thursday, Zimmerman's attorney Craig Sonner described the video as "very grainy." He also pointed out that Zimmerman had been "cleaned-up" and received first aid in the four hours between the incident and Zimmerman's videotaped arrival at the police station.

Sonner has previously said that his client suffered a broken nose and a gash to his head during the altercation.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Mar 29, 2012 - 10:20AM #2
Cesmom

I could have sworn I saw in an earlier statement that Zimmerman's lawyer had complained that they took him in for questioning before he was even allowed to seek medical attention.  I'll have to see if I can find that.

Our need to learn should always outweigh our need to be right

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

More people would learn from their mistakes if they weren't so busy denying them.
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Mar 29, 2012 - 1:42PM #3
mountain_man

Of course Zimmerman has no injuries. It's very hard to get injured when you shoot someone in the back. The guy is lying, having is friends and family - AND THE COPS! - lie for him. He knows that he's facing a long prison term.

Dave - Just a Man in the Mountains.

I am a Humanist. I believe in a rational philosophy of life, informed by science, inspired by art, and motivated by a desire to do good for its own sake and not by an expectation of a reward or fear of punishment in an afterlife.
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Mar 29, 2012 - 2:31PM #4
Marcion

I saw the video on the news today and I thought the quality of the video was poor. People see what they want to see.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Mar 29, 2012 - 2:47PM #5
Stardove

The ABC video of Zimmerman   

On the ABC video you can see the back of Zimmerman's head and there appears to not be any injuries.  Neither does his face appear to have been injured.  I stopped the video and did the Control + to enlarge. (Control - to decrease).  I do not see any blood on the front of Zimmerman's shirt from a nose bleed either.

Part of post #544 on Unarmed Teen Shot By Neighborhood Watch Who Claims Self-Defense

Video will come up after a 30 second ad and is much larger than in OP.

ABC asked for and received the video from the Sanford police.

Beliefnet Community Wide Moderator ~ Peace Love Stardove
Problems? Send a message to Beliefnet_community

The words I speak and write carry energy and power, so I choose them with care and clear purpose. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Mar 29, 2012 - 2:48PM #6
DotNotInOz

Zimmerman's having received first aid could easily explain why he seems to have no readily visible injuries.

I noticed the one cop looking at the back of Zimmerman's head. Seems like that could have been to see if it was bleeding again since we don't get a close or clear enough view to see if it was bandaged or not.

A small cut on the head can bleed like crazy for a while and then not look like much of an injury at all. I once came up hard under an open cupboard door and cut the top of my head on the corner of the door. It bled freely for a few minutes and then, my husband told me, was hardly visible once the blood clotted and was cleaned out of my hair.

I got a broken nose when I was a teenager due to my boyfriend's lunging from where we were lying on a beach towel chatting to grab a ball one of his buddies had tried to lob so that it would land between us. As he went for the ball which had bounced off us, his knee caught me hard in the nose. It hurt like the proverbial mutha and my nose was wobbly for some time afterward, but it never did bleed or bruise and wasn't even noticeably swollen. 

So, it's possible that Zimmerman might not have shown much indication of having been injured. And too, this video reportedly was taken four hours after the incident.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Mar 29, 2012 - 3:05PM #7
rabello

Conservative Joe Scarborough says:

Finding excuses for Zimmerman, especially now, after this da*ning video came out, is like blaming a rape victim because she was "asking for it"

For once, I agree with Joe Scarborough, who called Zimmerman a "crackpot"

According to Joe, the conservatives at National Journal are calling it an outrage, which comes as a surprise to me. 

Fortunately, most Americans are not buying into Zimmerman's obvious lies.   Not even a limp to get out of the car.   Fortunately, most Americans believe there has to be a very high standard to meet before somebody can just shoot an unarmed person for "self-defense".  A "life or death struggle" implies INJURY, afterall.  The crackpot doesn't even look upset.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Mar 29, 2012 - 3:18PM #8
Erey

Maybe, perhaps I can just check out of this story for the next week or two and then read the recap?

One day we have this breaking tidbit of information, the next day it is contradicted.

This story certainly seems more complicated than it needs to be.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Mar 29, 2012 - 4:22PM #9
Marcion

Mar 29, 2012 -- 3:05PM, rabello wrote:

Finding excuses for Zimmerman, especially now, after this da*ning video came out, is like blaming a rape victim because she was "asking for it"

According to Joe, the conservatives at National Journal are calling it an outrage, which comes as a surprise to me. 

Fortunately, most Americans are not buying into Zimmerman's obvious lies.   Not even a limp to get out of the car.   Fortunately, most Americans believe there has to be a very high standard to meet before somebody can just shoot an unarmed person for "self-defense".  A "life or death struggle" implies INJURY, afterall.  The crackpot doesn't even look upset.

Most Americans don't believe the lynch mobs either.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Mar 29, 2012 - 4:27PM #10
Erey

Mar 29, 2012 -- 4:22PM, Marcion wrote:

Mar 29, 2012 -- 3:05PM, rabello wrote:

Most Americans don't believe the lynch mobs either.

yes there seems to be a real lust for racial discord flying around

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 12  •  1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 12 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook