Post Reply
Page 1 of 3  •  1 2 3 Next
Switch to Forum Live View So it Begins .. Forced Law based on Global Warming.
2 years ago  ::  Mar 28, 2012 - 12:33PM #1
Bodean
Posts: 9,247
www.washingtonpost.com/national/health-s...

Industry officials and environmentalists said in interviews that the rule, which comes on the heels of tough new requirements that the Obama administration imposed on mercury emissions and cross-state pollution from utilities within the past year, dooms any proposal to build a coal-fired plant that does not have costly carbon controls.


“This standard effectively bans new coal plants,” said Joseph Stanko, who heads government relations at the law firm Hunton and Williams and represents several utility companies. “So I don’t see how that is an ‘all of the above’ energy policy.”

This is the proof that all this CAGW crap is nothing more that Politics.  Obama, through the EPA has sidestepped the legislative process to force it's extreme left will on the people.

Welcome to the dictatorship folks. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Mar 28, 2012 - 12:51PM #2
JohnQ
Posts: 5,623

Mar 28, 2012 -- 12:33PM, Bodean wrote:

www.washingtonpost.com/national/health-s...


Industry officials and environmentalists said in interviews that the rule, which comes on the heels of tough new requirements that the Obama administration imposed on mercury emissions and cross-state pollution from utilities within the past year, dooms any proposal to build a coal-fired plant that does not have costly carbon controls.


“This standard effectively bans new coal plants,” said Joseph Stanko, who heads government relations at the law firm Hunton and Williams and represents several utility companies. “So I don’t see how that is an ‘all of the above’ energy policy.”

This is the proof that all this CAGW crap is nothing more that Politics.  Obama, through the EPA has sidestepped the legislative process to force it's extreme left will on the people.

Welcome to the dictatorship folks. 




So you are equating governmental steps to insure clean air with "dictatorship"? 

Peace!                 
------

Christian LIES wed Christian HATE......Begot a child....it’s named Prop 8! 

Supreme Court let it stand.....which means we can vote away the rights of others in our land.

Sad as that may be...it hurts all of us.....not just me.
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Mar 28, 2012 - 1:04PM #3
Jasr
Posts: 11,134

Those poor coal companies. That scary black man in the Oval Office is ending the practice of socializing their costs. Whatever will they do?

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Mar 28, 2012 - 1:30PM #4
catboxer
Posts: 14,012

Exactly. Cleaning up after oneself is part of the cost of production.


Don't forget to flush!


Mercury poisoning? That's what you get for not putting paper on the seat.

Adepto vestri stercore simul.ttr
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Mar 28, 2012 - 2:27PM #5
Druac
Posts: 11,310

Mar 28, 2012 -- 12:33PM, Bodean wrote:



Welcome to the dictatorship folks. 




ROFL...if you want to be taken seriously, you might want to be serious.

Jesus Is My Savior...He Saves Me From REALITY!
---------------------------------------------
We created god in our own image and likeness!
[George Carlin]
---------------------------------------------
"Reason & Logic" - A Damn Good Slogan!
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Mar 28, 2012 - 2:30PM #6
Jasr
Posts: 11,134

By the way, what do mercury emissions have to do with global warming?

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Mar 28, 2012 - 4:17PM #7
Find1Answer
Posts: 7,257

i would like know why the OP is a proponent of mercury emissions.

"I don’t care if the federal government is telling me to buy my employees Jack Daniel’s or birth control. What gives them the right to tell me that I have to do that? That’s my issue, that’s what I object to, and that’s the beginning and end of the story."

This hint that Potter had merely swaddled an anti-government rant within a "religious" blanket illustrates the main problem with Justice Samuel Alito's majority opinion in Hobby Lobby: it takes claims of religious scruples for granted.

http://www.latimes.com/business/hiltzik/la-fi-mh-expanded-hobby-lobby-20140702-column.html#page=1
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Mar 28, 2012 - 4:47PM #8
Bodean
Posts: 9,247

Mar 28, 2012 -- 4:17PM, Find1Answer wrote:


i would like know why the OP is a proponent of mercury emissions.





I'd like to know why every person on this thread who has mentioned mercury lack reading comprehension skills.!


The "law" was passed under EPA's ability to regulate CO2, .. had nothing to do with mercury.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Mar 28, 2012 - 4:51PM #9
Druac
Posts: 11,310

Mar 28, 2012 -- 4:47PM, Bodean wrote:


Mar 28, 2012 -- 4:17PM, Find1Answer wrote:


i would like know why the OP is a proponent of mercury emissions.





I'd like to know why every person on this thread who has mentioned mercury is lack reading comprehension skills.




Ahh...a sure sign of frustration and nothing constructive to say is leading your comment with a personal insult.



Edit: reflects quote change

Moderated by Beliefnet_community on Mar 29, 2012 - 01:56PM
Jesus Is My Savior...He Saves Me From REALITY!
---------------------------------------------
We created god in our own image and likeness!
[George Carlin]
---------------------------------------------
"Reason & Logic" - A Damn Good Slogan!
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Mar 28, 2012 - 4:54PM #10
Bodean
Posts: 9,247

Mar 28, 2012 -- 4:51PM, Druac wrote:


Mar 28, 2012 -- 4:47PM, Bodean wrote:


Mar 28, 2012 -- 4:17PM, Find1Answer wrote:


i would like know why the OP is a proponent of mercury emissions.





I'd like to know why every person on this thread who has mentioned mercury is lack reading comprehension skills.




Ahh...a sure sign of frustration and nothing constructive to say is leading your comment with a personal insult.





What use does it do to point out the reasons to the unreasonable??  The article clearly states the law was passed due to CO2 emissions caps ... not mercury.



Edit: reflects quote changed

Moderated by Beliefnet_community on Mar 29, 2012 - 01:59PM
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 3  •  1 2 3 Next
 
    Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

    Beliefnet On Facebook