Page 2 of 2  •  Prev 1 2
Switch to Forum Live View This time it was a pilot who was erratic
3 years ago  ::  Apr 06, 2012 - 11:34AM #11
Stardove1

Good luck flying Ken! 

Dot, thanks for the update and link.  (note: right click on link to open a new tab or link leaves B'net)

I'm thinking with this situation being called "medical" the public may never know what actually happened with the pilot. 

From link:  JetBlue announced on Friday that the crew would not be speaking to the media either, a stance that Osbon's wife praised in the release.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 06, 2012 - 12:58PM #12
Iwantamotto

I was thinking casually about the idea that he may have been fine on the ground, but once in the air, with the pressure differences, there was a glitch in his biology somewhere, like how some people can throw clots or whatever high up in the air.

Knock and the door shall open.  It's not my fault if you don't like the decor.
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 07, 2012 - 4:33PM #13
Stardove

JetBlue pilot's outburst: Could side effects from medications be at fault?

Side effects from sleep and antidepressant medications – or perhaps even a nutritional supplement – are possible areas of investigation as officials probe the mystery of a JetBlue pilot's erratic behavior aboard a flight Tuesday, medical experts say.

Interesting article about commercial pilots and medication.  The article does seem to indicate the FAA is checking into the JetBlue pilot's medical records.

From article:  Finally, there is the question of nutritional supplements. According to his Twitter account, Osbon, in his spare time, was moonlighting as a "regional director" to help market a nutritional supplement aimed at weight loss. Could he have been affected by it?

Beliefnet Community Wide Moderator ~ Peace Love Stardove
Problems? Send a message to Beliefnet_community

The sun rises every morning and sheds light, vanquishing the night's darkness. The rooster also rises every morning only, unlike the sun, he simply makes noise. But the darkness of the night is dispelled by sunshine, not by the rooster's crowing.The world can use more light and less noise. Where I can, I want to be light.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 15, 2012 - 12:05AM #14
rangerken

This thread was moved from the Hot Topics Zone

Libertarian, Conservative, Life member of the NRA and VFW
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 2 of 2  •  Prev 1 2

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement