Page 1 of 14  •  1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 14 Next
Switch to Forum Live View UTAH! Sex Ed is "Don't do it, talk about it or be around anyone who does"
3 years ago  ::  Mar 27, 2012 - 4:10PM #1
Paladinsf
From HB 363 recently passed by Utah State Legislature.

(c) Human sexuality instruction or instructional programs may not include instruction
70 in, the advocacy of, or the discussion of:
71 (i) the intricacies of intercourse, sexual stimulation, or erotic behavior;
72 (ii) homosexuality;
73 (iii) contraceptive methods or devices; or
74 (iv) sexual activity outside of marriage.

No, that is not a misprint. See for yourself.

Story here.
The World is divided into armed camps ready to commit genocide just because we can't agree on whose fairy tales to believe.
The belief in supernatural religion will kill us all if we don't outgrow it.

When I first read "End of Faith" I thought Sam went too far. The more I read and listen to these "believers" the more I wonder if maybe he wasn't right after all.
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Mar 27, 2012 - 4:16PM #2
Do_unto_others

It's a Republican-sponsored bill.

Color me NOT surprised.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Mar 27, 2012 - 4:17PM #3
mountain_man

Too bad this will have the opposite effect of what should happen. It would be great if people like this stopped breeding because they didn't know how. But, unfortunately, the kids will have no real knowledge and end up getting pregnant at earlier ages. Now you know why I call them Regressives; they want to make our society go backwards.

Dave - Just a Man in the Mountains.

I am a Humanist. I believe in a rational philosophy of life, informed by science, inspired by art, and motivated by a desire to do good for its own sake and not by an expectation of a reward or fear of punishment in an afterlife.
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Mar 27, 2012 - 4:29PM #4
Esdraelon

Mar 27, 2012 -- 4:10PM, Paladinsf wrote:

From HB 363 recently passed by Utah State Legislature.

71 (i) the intricacies of intercourse, sexual stimulation, or erotic behavior;

'intricacies'...I didn't know you were an advocate of 'Show And Tell'

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Mar 27, 2012 - 4:39PM #5
Esdraelon

Mar 27, 2012 -- 4:16PM, Do_unto_others wrote:

It's a Republican-sponsored bill.

Color me NOT surprised.

Democrats did'nt exactly stem the tide of illegitmate births themselves, yet they certainly helped 12 year olds further along in their development . Kids basically get all the sex education and training they need on the tube every night. What they don't learn they get it from their friends.

Republican? So what, At last count of the National and State elections, the Democrats, got  run out of town on rails. You'll just have to cry.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Mar 27, 2012 - 4:58PM #6
costrel

Mar 27, 2012 -- 4:10PM, Paladinsf wrote:

73 (iii) contraceptive methods or devices; or

Until just a few weeks ago, I thought that the Catholic Church was the only Christian church that rejected contraception/ birth control. Apparently there are many other non-Catholic Christian churches -- Protestant, Evangelical, and Mormon -- that also reject contraception/ birth control. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Mar 27, 2012 - 5:01PM #7
mainecaptain

Mar 27, 2012 -- 4:17PM, mountain_man wrote:

Too bad this will have the opposite effect of what should happen. It would be great if people like this stopped breeding because they didn't know how. But, unfortunately, the kids will have no real knowledge and end up getting pregnant at earlier ages. Now you know why I call them Regressives; they want to make our society go backwards.

Everything you said here. :((

A tyrant must put on the appearance of uncommon devotion to religion. Subjects are less apprehensive of illegal treatment from a ruler whom they consider god-fearing and pious. On the other hand, they do less easily move against him, believing that he has the gods on his side. Aristotle
Never discourage anyone...who continually makes progress, no matter how slow. Plato..
"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives" Jackie Robinson
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Mar 27, 2012 - 5:29PM #8
TemplarS

It's moot, because the Governor vetoed the bill.

But it does show the mentality of some of these people.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Mar 27, 2012 - 7:08PM #9
Ebon

Teenagers are not going to stop shagging or being gay just because it's not mentioned to them. Conservatives have to be the only people who think they can legislate pre-marital sex out of existence.

He who oppresses the poor shows contempt for their Maker, but whoever is kind to the needy honors God. ~ Proverbs 14:31

Fiat justitia, ruat caelum

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Mar 27, 2012 - 7:18PM #10
mountain_man

Mar 27, 2012 -- 4:39PM, Esdraelon wrote:

Democrats did'nt[sic] exactly stem the tide of illegitmate[sic] births themselves,....

Uh.... we did. Where Progressive groups got real sex ed programs going the teen pregnancy rate went down. Where Regressives stopped those programs the teen pregnancy rate went up. It's a direct correlation proven by studies and those pesky facts you have a great many problems with.

..yet they certainly helped 12 year olds further along in their development...

Kids do that on their own.

Republican?

No, Regressive. They want to go backwards.

Dave - Just a Man in the Mountains.

I am a Humanist. I believe in a rational philosophy of life, informed by science, inspired by art, and motivated by a desire to do good for its own sake and not by an expectation of a reward or fear of punishment in an afterlife.
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 14  •  1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 14 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook