Page 2 of 14  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 14 Next
Switch to Forum Live View UTAH! Sex Ed is "Don't do it, talk about it or be around anyone who does"
2 years ago  ::  Mar 27, 2012 - 7:35PM #11
Fodaoson

IF I recall correctly I,  or any of my friends and classmates, did not need instructions  on the “intricacies of intercourse, sexual stimulation,”, they seemed to come naturally.  I came of age in early sixties, Most Married couple on TV slept in separate beds Store mannequins wore tee shirts under the bras, Store window displays did not have mannequins in underwear. We had girls pregnant in Jr High , and in High schools, even Church going Girls.  Sex is not a MIC invented product. It is a basic instinct of most species including humans

“I seldom make the mistake of arguing with people for whose opinions I have no respect.” Edward Gibbon
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Mar 27, 2012 - 7:40PM #12
Esdraelon

Mar 27, 2012 -- 7:18PM, mountain_man wrote:

Mar 27, 2012 -- 4:39PM, Esdraelon wrote:

Democrats did'nt[sic] exactly stem the tide of illegitmate[sic] births themselves,....

Uh.... we did. Where Progressive groups got real sex ed programs going the teen pregnancy rate went down. Where Regressives stopped those programs the teen pregnancy rate went up. It's a direct correlation proven by studies and those pesky facts you have a great many problems with.

..yet they certainly helped 12 year olds further along in their development...

Kids do that on their own.

Republican?

No, Regressive. They want to go backwards.

LOL! Rip, Your 'studies' and your 'spin' , yes, some liberals do think completely different from a rational person. That stuff you present above is...um....really, LOL! I ain't got no response an adult would make......:-)

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Mar 27, 2012 - 8:55PM #13
mountain_man

Mar 27, 2012 -- 7:40PM, Esdraelon wrote:

LOL! Rip, Your 'studies' and your 'spin'....

No spin, just facts you are afraid of.

Dave - Just a Man in the Mountains.

I am a Humanist. I believe in a rational philosophy of life, informed by science, inspired by art, and motivated by a desire to do good for its own sake and not by an expectation of a reward or fear of punishment in an afterlife.
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Mar 27, 2012 - 8:56PM #14
mountain_man

Mar 27, 2012 -- 7:35PM, Fodaoson wrote:

IF I recall correctly I,  or any of my friends and classmates, did not need instructions  on the “intricacies of intercourse, sexual stimulation,”, they seemed to come naturally. ....

Why would you make the false assumption that that is all there is to sex education?

I am a Humanist. I believe in a rational philosophy of life, informed by science, inspired by art, and motivated by a desire to do good for its own sake and not by an expectation of a reward or fear of punishment in an afterlife.
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Mar 27, 2012 - 10:59PM #15
Ironhold

Mar 27, 2012 -- 4:58PM, costrel wrote:

Mar 27, 2012 -- 4:10PM, Paladinsf wrote:

73 (iii) contraceptive methods or devices; or

Until just a few weeks ago, I thought that the Catholic Church was the only Christian church that rejected contraception/ birth control. Apparently there are many other non-Catholic Christian churches -- Protestant, Evangelical, and Mormon -- that also reject contraception/ birth control. 

Actually, the LDS faith states that the number of children a couple has is between them and their doctor.

Rather, given the persecution that the church has suffered at the hands of the government over the years, I can think you'll understand why they'd be a bit dismayed at Obama's "I DON'T CARE WHAT YOU BELIEVE; BOW DOWN TO BIG GOVERNMENT!" bit when it comes to forcing religious groups to provide coverage for recreational birth control.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Mar 27, 2012 - 11:15PM #16
Erey

Well the flip side to that coin  NYC schools are banning contraversial words in their standardized tests.  www.cnn.com/video/?hpt=hp_mid#/video/bes...

words like birthday, dinosaur, animals, rich or poor, swimming pools, etc. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Mar 27, 2012 - 11:22PM #17
mountain_man

Mar 27, 2012 -- 10:59PM, Ironhold wrote:

Actually, the LDS faith states that the number of children a couple has is between them and their doctor.

Unless the woman is underage.

Rather, given the persecution that the church has suffered at the hands of the government over the years, I can think you'll understand why they'd be a bit dismayed at Obama's "I DON'T CARE WHAT YOU BELIEVE; BOW DOWN TO BIG GOVERNMENT!" bit when it comes to forcing religious groups to provide coverage for recreational birth control.

Why do extremists like this always have to lie? No one is forcing anyone to provide birth control. That's just BS put out by people that care nothing about the health of others, only the health of health insurance companies.

If the birth control is "recreational" then so f.....n what! What a person takes medication for is none of your damn business. There is nothing wrong with having sex and not wanting to get pregnant. It's none of your business.

Then you have the audacity to whine about "big government" yet you want the government to FORCE your view on everyone. Make up your mind, do you want government our of our lives, or controlling it. The Regressives want to control your life and they have no problem lying to you to do it.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Mar 27, 2012 - 11:43PM #18
mainecaptain

Mar 27, 2012 -- 11:22PM, mountain_man wrote:

Unless the woman is underage.

Why do extremists like this always have to lie? No one is forcing anyone to provide birth control. That's just BS put out by people that care nothing about the health of others, only the health of health insurance companies.

If the birth control is "recreational" then so f.....n what! What a person takes medication for is none of your damn business. There is nothing wrong with having sex and not wanting to get pregnant. It's none of your business.

Then you have the audacity to whine about "big government" yet you want the government to FORCE your view on everyone. Make up your mind, do you want government our of our lives, or controlling it. The Regressives want to control your life and they have no problem lying to you to do it.

The regressives on the right always amaze me in this (bolding mine).

A tyrant must put on the appearance of uncommon devotion to religion. Subjects are less apprehensive of illegal treatment from a ruler whom they consider god-fearing and pious. On the other hand, they do less easily move against him, believing that he has the gods on his side. Aristotle
Never discourage anyone...who continually makes progress, no matter how slow. Plato..
"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives" Jackie Robinson
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Mar 28, 2012 - 7:25AM #19
costrel

I agree with what Mountain Man said, so please read his post carefully. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Mar 28, 2012 - 8:26AM #20
TemplarS

Here is an interesting article (courtesy of Cherubino on the Discuss Catholicism board)

www.newyorker.com/reporting/2008/11/03/0...

which shows how Evangelicals have evidently shot themselves in the foot with their opposition to birth control edcuation. And then, making a silk purse out of a sow's ear, hold up pregnant teens who decide to keep their babies as role models...

To be clear here, the article also mentions that Mormons are not part of this trend: "According to Add Health data, evangelical teen-agers are more sexually active than Mormons, mainline Protestants, and Jews."

I wonder how the following fits in? I wonder which of the above groups Mr. Santorum is referring to?

Rick Santorum yesterday tried to explain to Fox News contributor Sandy Rios why Catholic voters do not eagerly support him, despite the fact that he’s Catholic. He claimed he performs better “with folks who do practice their religion more ardently,” as opposed to those who do not “take their faith seriously“.

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 2 of 14  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 14 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook